Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

been playing Arx Fatalis and i'm realizing it's been a while since we've had any good new eurojank. Kingdom Come is the last one I can think of.

not exactly "new" eurojank but this polish gothic 2 total conversion is pretty amazing if you like that kind of stuff:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1467450/The_Chronicles_Of_Myrtana_Archolos/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Stay away from the abandoned tower at the edge of the forest, it's infested with goblins and incels

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I retract my previous statement on the writing quality of the arkham games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y614TGOwPjA

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

God even those few seconds made me realize how much I miss Kevin Conroy :smith:

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

been playing Arx Fatalis and i'm realizing it's been a while since we've had any good new eurojank. Kingdom Come is the last one I can think of.

I've been playing Into the Radius which is pretty good VR eurojank game. Very STALKER-esq since it also claims to be based on Roadside Picknick, except the zone is some weird frozen time afterlife place with a giant black hole in the sky. You get to scavenge ruins and hose down your guns in WD40 while shadow monsters chase you around.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As janky as parts of Batman AO were, it's still a great game.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
They made a Batman expansion for Anarchy Online?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess we are just making poo poo up now

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
You don’t remember the game where you actually play as Bruce Wayne for 90% of the game? You mainly just attend yacht parties and phone in for Wayne Enterprises shareholder calls.

Batman: Arkham Oligarch.

Doom Rooster fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 17, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Doom Rooster posted:

Batman: Arkham Oligarch.

captain of wayne industries would be a good game in theory

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

gotta keep wayne industries in the black while it pumps billions into crime fighting

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Dick Fontaine posted:

gotta keep wayne industries in the black while it pumps billions into crime fighting

There’s actually been a lot of authors over the years who write something in the vein of Batman realizing he’s terrible at capitalism because he keeps bankrupting his company and angering the shareholders because he funnels all the money towards “unprofitable” ventures like stopping alien invasions and preventing the Joker from burning down the worlds rainforests.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

it would be sweet. you’d have all the assembly lines all setup and ready to go to produce affordable baby formula and then batman needs a new bat plane on the pronto, and, well, that 1.2 billion dollars has to come from somewhere

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

bruce wayne is one of the world's greatest philanthropists and tuxedo wearers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Batman's rear end in a top hat Opening

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Batman online everyone runs around the city doing philanthropy dailies to grind for Gotham Gold to eventually rent a batman costume.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I read a bunch of stuff about the other Primordial Serpent you guys were talking about and ended up making a level 15 Darkwraith. Getting it done was a fun challenge but now I can invade at will and I am terrible at PVP, just splatting and face planting all over the early game.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Really with any PvP you've got to get there within a year of a game's release or all you're left with are the complete psychos who have made it their life and will kill you ten times before you hit the ground.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

dark souls pvp was the best when I could use the butterfly shield glitch and just wreck everybody in one hit

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nice Van My Man posted:

Really with any PvP you've got to get there within a year of a game's release or all you're left with are the complete psychos who have made it their life and will kill you ten times before you hit the ground.

maybe the truest words posted itt

there's always someone whose been grinding that game 12 hours a day since its release. if the game has SBMM you can get lucky for the first few rounds playing against other newbies, but the skill level is a literal cliff

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nice Van My Man posted:

Yeah I've been in this situation before. Don't expect I'll get very far with PvP but I did enjoy trying to get the build together and join the covenant while at level 15. I think it made me a better Dark Souls player overall. I am significantly better at parrying than I was a few days ago, for example.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

As janky as parts of Batman AO were, it's still a great game.

Origins was really good and in a vacuum probably my favorite of the series, but it was also like the third Arkham game in 4 years so people were burnt on the formula. The writing was better than the rest of the series and it had some fantastic boss battles… but so much of the map was reused and the combat was mostly the same (really good! Just mostly the same as the last few games).

It’s the kind of thing where if you’re only gonna play one game in the series it’s a good pick but at release it was pretty stale.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If Origins.wasnt as buggy and the skill tree more competent it would easily be the best, despite them dropping the ball on Black Mask, the Joker/Bane stuff still worked. Christmas setting is goated

Vakal
May 11, 2008
One piece of advice for Origins is to do the predator combat challenges as soon as you can as the game runs out of them fairly fast so you can easily run out of chances to do them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Among Origins games, I'd say Dragon Age Origins > Rayman Origins > Batman Arkham Origins

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Number go up is a perfectly valid reason to play a video game

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Number go up is a perfectly valid reason to play a video game

Yes but just play Cookie Clicker then, imo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Yes but just play Cookie Clicker then, imo

That’s a good supplement on a second monitor while you play your entree “number go up” on your main screen.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hey here's an unpopular videogame opinion, ya'll should take better care of your eyes. People blink less when they're using a screen and that fucks with the glands in your eyelids that protect your eyes, making them work worse over time. You should take regular breaks while gaming for a lot of reasons, and when you take that break don't just pull out your cell phone like a loving dunce

e: Get an annual eye exam, idiot

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 18, 2023

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I will never stop looking at rectangle

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just blink rapidfire all the time so that low FPS can't affect me, a true GamerMove.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Vakal posted:

One piece of advice for Origins is to do the predator combat challenges as soon as you can as the game runs out of them fairly fast so you can easily run out of chances to do them.

It's worse than that:
One of the early challenges is to hit books by exploding a wall behind them, busting put of a grate to nab them and a few other things.

If you don't have that one unlocked to complete by the bank, heist early on the rest of the tree is locked down until the literal end of the game. None of the predator encounters until that one at endgame have the configuration required. No sonic shock baterang for you!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Realistic Batman game where you spend hours funneling money away from city resources in a board room, then go back to your mansion and tinker with your weird toys for hours, then dress up and the rest is a stealth game where you hang out in the shadows looking for an excuse to beat up poors.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm replaying Alan Wake 1 before I play number 2 because I forgot completely what happened in it, and I remember it being more fun the first time I played it. Its basically just running around in the woods.

RIP Max Payne voice actor :(. That game was important to me as a teenager.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

George posted:

Realistic Batman game where you spend hours funneling money away from city resources in a board room, then go back to your mansion and tinker with your weird toys for hours, then dress up and the rest is a stealth game where you hang out in the shadows looking for an excuse to beat up poors.
But enough about Elon Musk

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm replaying Alan Wake 1 before I play number 2 because I forgot completely what happened in it, and I remember it being more fun the first time I played it. Its basically just running around in the woods.

RIP Max Payne voice actor :(. That game was important to me as a teenager.

He was heavy in Control and AW2 as well.
poo poo sucks, at least he got to do Max Payne again one last time.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Old Mario movie > new Mario movie.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

even ironically, the old mario movie is unwatchable trash

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

even ironically, the old mario movie is unwatchable trash

Even if that was true.

Duck and Cover posted:

Old Mario movie > new Mario movie.

I'm not saying it's a masterpiece like Hackers, but it's absolutely a watchable cheesy movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The police cars that have like, bumper car wires were cool. Nothing to do with Mario, but cool.