Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1610402230594674690?s=20

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

$13.50 per year for 10 million years

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

the funniest thing that could possibly happen this offseason is for the cubs to re-sign hosmer

Don’t you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

not cool man

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You laugh now, but Eric Hosmer will laugh last, when his Leadership carries the Cubs to the NL Central title at 83-79 and a first round win over the Dodgers while everyone says "who could possibly have foreseen that all the Dodgers' pitchers would be hurt in October again??"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Boy they sure love washed first basemen huh

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://x.com/jeffpassan/status/1735699935129936223?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

Royals lock to win AL Central by virtue of simply trying to

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Its me the non-bawfuls Dodgers poster lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I am not used to that team signing so many FAs

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

My wife: Honey, did the Dodgers implode and show their rear end in the NLDS?

Me: Is CHEP a Brambles Company?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Oh poo poo they signed Hunter Renfroe as well

Are the Royals… BACK?!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Boy they sure love washed first basemen huh

(check the date of post)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry for being a little stinker

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That is a MASSIVE overpay for Glasnow lmao

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Okay I'm now actually glad the Cubs dodged (heh) this one. If Glasnow throws >400 IP total over that extension period I'll be utterly shocked.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Poque posted:

I’m a Rays fan and love Glasnow forever but what the gently caress are they thinking signing him through age 35 for that kind of money when he’s totaled 388 innings since 2018? Good on him for getting paid and good on the team for dumping his $25 million contract if he was looking for a 5-year extension.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 15, 2023

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they're the dodgers and he will be instantly fixed and be an ace, what sport are you people watching

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

He's averaged 72.1 IP per season for the last 7 seasons. But I'm sure since he got a career-high 120 IP last year, he'll be fine.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
as we all know, your 30s are a decade of pain- and injury-free years.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

they're the dodgers and he will be instantly fixed and be an ace, what sport are you people watching

Uh, the one where the Dodgers starting rotation routinely caves in on itself year after year and by October all they have is a broken Kershaw and some scrub they picked up at the deadline on the cheap?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I hope he gets Joe Blantoned in the postseason

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

excuse me the dodgers rotation fell apart because their ace pitchers kept on being gross criminals

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Remember the year that the Dodgers rotation was so utterly busted that they traded for Bud Norris and put him in the rotation?

Spoiler he also got injured almost immediately, lol.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

the dodgers pitching wasn't bad because they were washed the dodgers pitchers kept committing sex crimes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He's averaged 72.1 IP per season for the last 7 seasons. But I'm sure since he got a career-high 120 IP last year, he'll be fine.

He came back from TJS (and a strained oblique in spring) at the end of May and was still an effective top-end starter but I would not sign him for a long extension with that injury history. He gives you 80 innings of video game numbers and then his elbow explodes and he’s on the shelf until next spring.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Speaking of broken pitchers like half the Rangers' rotation is going to be on the shelf through till summer apparently:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1735708866627690724

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

excuse me the dodgers rotation fell apart because their ace pitchers kept on being gross criminals
no that was only 2 of them, there were also 4 injured ones this year

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

Speaking of broken pitchers like half the Rangers' rotation is going to be on the shelf through till summer apparently:

bold of Buster to tag deGrom as a future Hall of Famer

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Sydin posted:

With this and Monty likely leaving what the hell are they doing?

Their opening day rotation is back to like Eovaldi/Gray/Perez/Dunning/Heaney right?

Without another career year from Eovaldi there's no way that rotation wins 90, jesus christ.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

surprised there haven't really been any stroman rumors, he was incredible until he got hurt last year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Literally what the gently caress

Red
Apr 15, 2003

euphronius posted:

Literally what the gently caress

I can already hear the Tecmo Super Bowl injury music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKbb0AGhmz8

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Penisaurus Sex posted:

With this and Monty likely leaving what the hell are they doing?

Their opening day rotation is back to like Eovaldi/Gray/Perez/Dunning/Heaney right?

Without another career year from Eovaldi there's no way that rotation wins 90, jesus christ.

They need to pay Monty right now

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So I’m reading a report that Ohtani reached out to the Angels near the end of the process and offered Moreno essentially the same offer he did to the Giants and Blue Jays (both of which were willing to go for it) - and Arte turned him down. Uh….why did he not trade Shohei at the trade deadline, then, if he was clearly unwilling to make a serious run at trying to re-sign him?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cause Moreno is a cheap and stubborn rear end in a top hat

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

NieR Occomata posted:

So I’m reading a report that Ohtani reached out to the Angels near the end of the process and offered Moreno essentially the same offer he did to the Giants and Blue Jays (both of which were willing to go for it) - and Arte turned him down. Uh….why did he not trade Shohei at the trade deadline, then, if he was clearly unwilling to make a serious run at trying to re-sign him?

Why are you trying to apply logic to Arte's decisions

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

NieR Occomata posted:

Butts in seats is why.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

NieR Occomata posted:

Coach Mike Leach posted:

Well, gently caress you. And gently caress me, and gently caress everybody. That is loving bullshit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/2008Philz/status/1735693137949974706

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The Dodgers October starters are all on AL Central rosters. Also Roberts was on the radio this morning and said they'll evaluate Ohtanis arm in September to see if he can play LF lmao