Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Also kind of disappointed: a fey warlock doesn't see through Ethel in the grove

What's to see? She's just a kindly old granny, nothing unusual about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lvl 6 Grandma just standing there menacingly.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It's a bummer that Shapeshift/Disguise Self doesn't seem to keep the goblins in the goblin camp from recognizing and attacking me

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 15, 2023

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Black Noise posted:

Lvl 6 Grandma just standing there menacingly.

Now I want Grandma to be a D&D class.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Where do you find Derryth in act 3 if you give her husband the noblestalk?

And is there actually a way to both get the Kushigo gloves and get that woman a happy ending (or does just telling her "whoops your husband exploded" still get you the gloves)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The happiest ending for her is actually to give the noblestalk to the husband because she then leaves him and starts life afresh. You'll get the gloves because you save him first before you feed him the noblestalk.

If you kill her husband, she just miserably continues to tend the shop.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Thundarr posted:

"whoops your husband exploded"

loving that up was the hardest I laughed during my first playthrough.

"Aha! I won't blunder into those exploding mushrooms again, I'll safely neutralize them from afar!"

*starts 30 second chain reaction of explosions that obliterate the guy I'm looking for*

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Her husband saying "bibberbang" is my favorite line in the game. I always talk to him every time I shop in act 1.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hosed up this run and accidentally blew up the Bibberbang guy, now I can't get the throw gloves for Karlach. I think the Sparkle Gloves still work on thrown weapons at least, even though they don't say they do.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Should I bother with BHOOAL in honor mode or is it a trap?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Lawman 0 posted:

There's a somewhat interesting healer armor hidden down there. Otherwise it's a good way to get rid of Wyll if you're doing an evil run!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thundarr posted:

There's a somewhat interesting healer armor hidden down there. Otherwise it's a good way to get rid of Wyll if you're doing an evil run!

Buddy, I'm playing as him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

Buddy, I'm playing as him.

It still works.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

It still works.

It's expressly on the list of things I will not do in the game.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I did an evil run where wyll betrays the grove. We were going all in on Wyllock.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

I just went in and wiped them all out with brute force on my honor run.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think you're compelled to fight there, there's a DC 15 check to persuade or intimidate IIRC.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think you're compelled to fight there, there's a DC 15 check to persuade or intimidate IIRC.

Ok I thought it was a DC20 for some reason.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My favorite part of getting Shadowheart at the grove after long resting on the beach is how she is just playing around with her super secret artifact from her secret spy missing like the thing is a drat Rubik's cube

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

My favorite part of getting Shadowheart at the grove after long resting on the beach is how she is just playing around with her super secret artifact from her secret spy missing like the thing is a drat Rubik's cube

IGN came out with a spoiler heavy interview today with sven saying that originally her pitch was: "Jason Bourne". I'll be frank she probably would have been a more coherent, competent character but also we would missed out on all these accidentally hilarious moments. :v:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The Lord Bude posted:

Now I want Grandma to be a D&D class.

I love the idea of mundane classes and skill trees for normal non adventuring stuff. Multiclassing from shopkeeper into 2 levels of grandma to get the “kindly smile” bonus action

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Entropic posted:

I love the idea of mundane classes and skill trees for normal non adventuring stuff. Multiclassing from shopkeeper into 2 levels of grandma to get the “kindly smile” bonus action

Bard does a decent job of speccing it out;
https://g.co/bard/share/9ab9e984c355

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Entropic posted:

3e had NPC classes that were things like commoner, noble, aristocrat, expert, and adept that were just (mostly) normal people. Like warrior was a martial class without any special features, expert just had a lot of skills, adept was the most trash mage possible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lawman 0 posted:

IGN came out with a spoiler heavy interview today with sven saying that originally her pitch was: "Jason Bourne". I'll be frank she probably would have been a more coherent, competent character but also we would missed out on all these accidentally hilarious moments. :v:

If Jason Bourne had Shadowheart's default stat spread, he would have died in the first fifteen minutes of the movie.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I swear Larian is monitoring my game, specifically. Every time one of you posts an exploit and I try it out, it gets patched out a few days later.

Well, except the one where you could knock a vendor out and get most of their stuff from them. I’d been using that one since early access.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Geekboy posted:

I swear Larian is monitoring my game, specifically. Every time one of you posts an exploit and I try it out, it gets patched out a few days later.

Well, except the one where you could knock a vendor out and get most of their stuff from them. I’d been using that one since early access.

Yeah I went on a huge stealing spree using the bag trick to get the fun items for Act 3. When I exited the game last night, it auto applied the next patch removing the exploit :negative:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
When playing on PC, why is it when I use nvidia dlss settings that it turns off antialiasing?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

When playing on PC, why is it when I use nvidia dlss settings that it turns off antialiasing?

Because DLSS automatically antialiases the image so using anything else on top of that is just counter-productive.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Thundarr posted:

Where do you find Derryth in act 3 if you give her husband the noblestalk?

And is there actually a way to both get the Kushigo gloves and get that woman a happy ending (or does just telling her "whoops your husband exploded" still get you the gloves)

If you kill her husband you can get one of the stray cats in Baldur's Gate to move in with her. So I think that's the best ending.

[edit] oh wait, no gloves

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 15, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Decided to dip into multiclassing with my Bladepact Warlock, mostly because I found that nice Hammer in Ch2 and wanted to use it without spending a feat on hammers. So, I grabbed a War Cleric level which is hilariously frontloaded with several armor profs + the nice channel divinity for 3 extra bonus attacks/short rest.

Now I'm debating whether I want to add a third class to the mix because of course. Lock 6/Cleric 1 atm. I could see Lock 8/Cleric 1/Sword Bard 3, or perhaps Lock 8/Cleric1/Thief 3. Or Lock 8/Cleric1/Paladin 3.

Extra attacks don't stack with Pact of the Blade on Honour mode so point in going 5 of any melee class that I can see.

I could also just stick with 11/1 which would give me greater spellcasting. Eldritch Blast scales off character level regardless so I'm good there but more Warlock levels would grant higher level spells. Tbh though I don't know that there's any "must have" spells above level 3. Hunger of Hadar + Counterspell do enough work that any spell slots above 3 for Lock almost feel superfluous.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ZearothK posted:

If you kill her husband you can get one of the stray cats in Baldur's Gate to move in with her. So I think that's the best ending.

WHY CAN'T I TAKE MY SON TO CAMP. gently caress YOU, LARIAN

*runs off crying*

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You don't need proficiency for hammers if you're a bladelock, because binding a pact weapon makes you automatically proficient with it, unless Larian changed that.

I'd probably go pure Bardlock instead of splicing War Cleric in there. The Extra Attacks are good but I think Warlock gets much more out of Swords Bard than it does War Cleric in general, plus if you haven't already missed it you can get the ring that let's you cast Vicious Mockery as a Bonus Action, which means you can cap off every double attack with a cantrip cast.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also the Iron Throne is 5 turns in Honour Mode, not 6. That was an unpleasant surprise (got everyone out, though)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Monathin posted:

You don't need proficiency for hammers if you're a bladelock, because binding a pact weapon makes you automatically proficient with it, unless Larian changed that.

I'd probably go pure Bardlock instead of splicing War Cleric in there. The Extra Attacks are good but I think Warlock gets much more out of Swords Bard than it does War Cleric in general, plus if you haven't already missed it you can get the ring that let's you cast Vicious Mockery as a Bonus Action, which means you can cap off every double attack with a cantrip cast.

Only problem with that is the extra attacks don't stack any more so I think if going pure Bardlock you probably want 2/10? 2/10 is what I did on my first playthrough months ago although it was a Lore Bard not a Swords.

I wanted to go heavier Lock than just 2 this run to use some of the Lock spells (Hungar of Hadar especially I love).

I'll probably just go 11/1 tbh. I don't feel like I'm missing a lot by not getting a third feat and the free armor profs and buff spells are nice to have

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 15, 2023

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I thought that the attacks not stacking was only in Honour Mode?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

grack posted:

I thought that the attacks not stacking was only in Honour Mode?

That's correct but Honour mode is what I'm playing

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ginette Reno posted:

Only problem with that is the extra attacks don't stack any more so I think if going pure Bardlock you probably want 2/10? 2/10 is what I did on my first playthrough months ago although it was a Lore Bard not a Swords.

I wanted to go heavier Lock than just 2 this run to use some of the Lock spells (Hungar of Hadar especially I love).

I'll probably just go 11/1 tbh. I don't feel like I'm missing a lot by not getting a third feat and the free armor profs and buff spells are nice to have

You don't get the Extra Attack anymore but you still get a lot of poo poo from going a more traditional split. I'd probably go Warlock 7/Bard 5, since that still gets you Font of Inspiration and the usual bag of Sword Bard tricks while letting you get 4th-level Warlock slots (and a third Short Rest, obviously)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I rolled a warlock out the gate. After playing with my friends in our coop campaign, they informed me warlock's whole gimmick is eldritch blast. And it is extremely strong, but it also makes a lot of my other damage spells feel redundant.

Anyone have thoughts on the class being one-note in this way? Should I consider switching to a different casting class?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

yo I just looked up where Alfira even is in act 1 cos I'd never actually seen her alive and not only had I twice managed to miss a chunk of the map I'd managed to miss basically a whole rear end music video

this poo poo is wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I am seriously worried about the state of my game.

I went upstairs and killed Gortash before the coronation started by killing a guard and funneling everything to a balcony. Now the quest for the coronation is still there, I think all the guards are agro to me, and I still have the quest for the coronation. Will this all work out? I know act 3 quests are a mess.

Grem fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 15, 2023