Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

drat, good call! It was like focusing a Magic Eye picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My Costco hasn’t gotten the jamón yet and I’m worried. New Fat Brother and I have a ham date on the books :ohdear:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its the xmas season and that means the refrigerated tamales are on sale again

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going to costco today

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i made the trip today for dried mushrooms and a hot dog

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I did not like the dried mushroom mix at all

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Soul Dentist posted:

I did not like the dried mushroom mix at all

One of the few items I returned. The one I got had a ton of woody stems

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm mostly planning to use them in veggie stock so w/e

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

My two year old loves the dried shiitake chip things but they make an enormous mess.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
For me it was an off musty flavor, not texture.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

my favorite costco started carrying afgan cilantro chutney and i am in heaven until the day they mysteriously stop carrying it

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Dick Fontaine posted:

my favorite costco started carrying afgan cilantro chutney and i am in heaven until the day they mysteriously stop carrying it

The Co giveth and the Co taketh away.

I still await patiently for the day that Mexican church starts carrying Jongga kimchi (the one with two Gs)

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Fire alarm going off at my 'Co...will keep you updated

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Pershing posted:

Fire alarm going off at my 'Co...will keep you updated
i know someone who was in our costco during a power outage near (canadian) thanksgiving, emergency lights, all the payment systems went down, some people were hoping the power was gonna come back up and stuck it out for a while but most people just abandoned their carts. people were leaving through any door as other people were trying to come in, pure pandemonium.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Aww yeah, got my tin of European cookies today.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

numberoneposter posted:

i know someone who was in our costco during a power outage near (canadian) thanksgiving, emergency lights, all the payment systems went down, some people were hoping the power was gonna come back up and stuck it out for a while but most people just abandoned their carts. people were leaving through any door as other people were trying to come in, pure pandemonium.

I was thinking about that! Like "do I just leave it all here, do I take it with me?"

Anyway, I think something burned in the bakery but we didn't have to evacuate

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I got an email AND a phone call from Costco about a food recall for some Quaker oat granola that's potentially contaminated with salmonella. My family already ate more than 3/4 of the package :(

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah we've eaten one of the two bags already too lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SamDabbers posted:

I got an email AND a phone call from Costco about a food recall for some Quaker oat granola that's potentially contaminated with salmonella. My family already ate more than 3/4 of the package :(

RIP

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah we've eaten one of the two bags already too lol

Double RIP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

:f5h::rip::fh:

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 16, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

god dammit boys, got a voicemail telling me my beloved Quaker simply granola cereal got recalled because of salmonella

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Make your own granola with as much salmonella as you want

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

The one bright spot of getting Costco’d is if you are able to grab the last few boxes with the reduced price * of death. I bought 25 boxes of Nugo protein bars at half price last time it happened to me

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Anyone elses costco no longer have peanut butter pretzels? Like 3-4 months no pretzels. We finally ended up asking the checker - are we just like missing them somewhere? and he was like nah we havent been getting them and people are real sad about it!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Anyone elses costco no longer have peanut butter pretzels? Like 3-4 months no pretzels. We finally ended up asking the checker - are we just like missing them somewhere? and he was like nah we havent been getting them and people are real sad about it!

My Costco just got them back in this week! Next time you're there if you don't see them, ask someone to check and see if they have an expected arrival date.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I haven't noticed but I also don't get those so I don't really look for them. I need to stop going down the chip isle at Costco, that way leads to regret and stomachaches. Fortunately a Trader Joe's opened up right near my building so I can get all the weird snacks I want in amounts less likely to get me in trouble!

I have noticed that mine hasn't had frozen tilapia filets for like a month or more. I've started getting the mahi mahi instead, they're good but the filets are like 7oz when a serving size is 4oz and that annoys the hell out of me.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They rearranged my Costco and it was pretty scary. I mostly adjusted, but the men's shoes had straight up disappeared. Why Costco why

Jim Cramer
Sep 18, 2009
Im pissed, the new knockoff smartwool socks are god awful. I only survived MN winters thanks to the old ones.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Oriental Hugs posted:

I got some sweet kitty sushi toys for cats today. They also had a really nice looking 80 dollar cat tree.
My cat prefers an ever-rotating selection of boxes from Costco. Perfect for ambushing the dog.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

silicone thrills posted:

Ours just got em back a couple weeks ago and the lids are YELLOW now. They're still great.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Jim Cramer posted:

Im pissed, the new knockoff smartwool socks are god awful. I only survived MN winters thanks to the old ones.

the weatherproof brand? yeah they rear end. the kirkland signature merino socks are vastly superior.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the aussie bites are inexplicably a hit in our household.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

I thought it was just me missing them because of all the rearranged Christmas stuff!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Laterite posted:

They're so drat good, started getting them for my wife as a lactation cookie after our daughter was born and now I'm eating them as much as she is.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

silicone thrills posted:

Oh man, so it's not just me. It's sucked! I bought some Albertsons version to see if they could fill the hole in my soul but they were loving terrible.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I think the TJ peanut butter pretzels are pretty comparable.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Quixzlizx posted:

I think the TJ peanut butter pretzels are pretty comparable.

My closest Trader Joe's is 3 and a half hours away :(

Metric Skeleton
Apr 6, 2006
NEVER

Laterite posted:

I’ve been doing a Kirkland cold brew and an Aussie bite and a few pieces of fruit for breakfast lately. They’re really nice.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm so mad Costco stopped carrying unsweetened cold brew. It's such a pain to have a huge jug and filter in my fridge or in the counter, and the tetrapaks especially were so convenient to keep in my locker at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Christmas lights were $4.97 for the Sylvania Staylit C9 LED bulbs at my warehouse. The labelled price next to the display was $15 and change and I drat near went back and bought way too many if only to have the most kick rear end display next year.