Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
9% is pretty wild, I don't remember seeing a score that low before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hopefully that means it will wrap around and be amazing

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wow, a bunch of critics who hate Snyder gave a bad score to a Snyder movie? Crazy!

Barry Convex posted:

This looks much less satirical than it should be given the premise, but also Cary from *The Other Two* playing straight just feels wrong https://youtu.be/gizIbhk5Eu4?si=AiZa4-J6b2Fi8Pkm

You should hear him on Comedy Bang Bang singing about wanting to gently caress his truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MBUZjJX7Y

Or his love songs too, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9V-4CkDMso

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This is a great day for people who love poo poo movies

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is there an Onion article about a longtime Zack Snyder defender finally go to watch one of his movies?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Not surprising to hear it's got a barebones story and truncated character development - not only are they doing the two-part movie thing, they're also releasing the cut-to-the-bone 2-hour Studio version now, and a longer Snyder Cut later on, so this is like, a third of the story.

If the end result is going to be a 6-hour experience, they really should have just done it as a 6-episode limited series rather than insisting on making a bad first impression.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Wait we have day one DLC for movies now

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Robot Style posted:

Not surprising to hear it's got a barebones story and truncated character development - not only are they doing the two-part movie thing, they're also releasing the cut-to-the-bone 2-hour Studio version now, and a longer Snyder Cut later on, so this is like, a third of the story.

If the end result is going to be a 6-hour experience, they really should have just done it as a 6-episode limited series rather than insisting on making a bad first impression.

Someone else pointed it out but it feels like they're trying to artificially generate the same 'hype' the Snyder Justice League had. It's a loving dumb idea. Just release the directors cut now. Releasing a movie with the problems you describe, getting bad reviews, and then saying "No you gotta wait for the directors cut to get the real movie' is a loving dumb thing to do and it deserves every lovely review it gets.

edit: Typically a 'directors cut' happens because at the time, the director couldn't achieve what they fully set out to do. It may have been because of studio interference, lack of time, lack of money, other reasons, or any combination. This isn't the case here. They're doing it just to do it.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 15, 2023

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
If Snyderheads already don't care about reviews and are willing to pay twice for the real version of the movie then they kinda deserve to get milked.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It’s wild how much they give, I think the article says the average pay it forward donation was upwards of $600.

I don't know what the average is for the group at large, but the church my family attended when I was young (before they got out of it / the church imploded) it was a point of honor for families to be able to tithe a full 10% of their paycheck. I don't have any reason to believe this church was in anyway exceptional.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

mycot posted:

If Snyderheads already don't care about reviews and are willing to pay twice for the real version of the movie then they kinda deserve to get milked.

It's a Netflix thing, no one's paying twice

I have no idea who this is for though, it looks like a fun movie but why would I watch a junked version now instead of just waiting?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Robot Style posted:

It is a goddamn straight to streaming movie, whyyy

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

It's not Rebel Moon, it is just Rebel Moo for now

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Oh don't worry about it, the moon is just going through its rebellious phase

You aren't the boss of me EARTH

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope it's fun trash.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’m now really confused and will just wait until the real version of the movie instead of whatever this is

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

fatherboxx posted:

It is a goddamn straight to streaming movie, whyyy

The Algorithm, literally. Netflix wants ~2hr movies.

When do these dIrEcToR's cUtS emerge anyway - all the ads I've seen say December and... April?

OK, so it'll be a trash watch for Xmas Eve, and I already have Indy 5 scheduled for Xmas Day post-prandial snoozing. (So Xmas already planned to be ruined then, ahahahaaaaaaa.)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is there an Onion article about a longtime Zack Snyder defender finally go to watch one of his movies?

The Onion only does funny gags

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

It's a Netflix thing, no one's paying twice

I have no idea who this is for though, it looks like a fun movie but why would I watch a junked version now instead of just waiting?

It's honestly baffling. Even as someone who's mostly up on Snyder, I probably wouldn't bother with the shorter version if there weren't a simulwatch.

There's only a very limited theatrical release, right? Netflix could have just produced/released the full cut.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

One of my favorites is Russell T. Davies in some Doctor Who episode having the US President say "I am the President-Elect of the United States!"

At least he apologized for that and admitted he had heard the term and assumed it was just a longer title for POTUS without doing the research.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Please take rebel moon talk to the rebel moon thread. This whole subforum does not need to be about the latest zack snyder masterpiece

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

To the moon!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:rolleyes:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MacheteZombie posted:

Please take rebel moon talk to the rebel moon thread. This whole subforum does not need to be about the latest zack snyder masterpiece

if someone continues to post about it here does that make them a

Rebel Goon

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Rebel Goon

Even worse, they'll join the ranks of snyder cult sickos!

Sorry

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

There was the thread title about how it's actually the other way around.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Rebel Goon

BYOB and D&D Alliance will reach the mod's lair by the anniversary of Lowtax's death.

Feldegast42 posted:

Oh don't worry about it, the moon is just going through its rebellious phase

You aren't the boss of me EARTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpacJUFyU70

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
All Snyder talk does feel kinda sensationalistic in either direction. Like, I'm sure it's a bad movie but there's no way it's that level of bad.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm gonna put the movie on because I'm a sucker for space fantasy. I will turn it off if I'm not enjoying it, but I've sat through some serious garbage before just to have some cool space ship shots and weird aliens in the background.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Punkin Spunkin posted:

All Snyder talk does feel kinda sensationalistic in either direction. Like, I'm sure it's a bad movie but there's no way it's that level of bad.

yeah, I'm tempted to watch it as I'm sure its bad but its probably interestingly bad given it's Snyder

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The term for a Star Wars movie based on Seven Samurai is a Battle Beyond The Stars.

I really like that Corman production, but there’s like a 0% chance that Rebel Moon is the weaker movie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The term for a Star Wars movie based on Seven Samurai is a Battle Beyond The Stars.

I really like that Corman production, but there’s like a 0% chance that Rebel Moon is the weaker movie.

A Message From Space you mean

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I don't know; Battle Beyond The Stars tells the same story in 105 minutes that Rebel Moon tells half of in 134 minutes. Also BBTS has Robert Vaughn and George Peppard and John Saxon and a spaceship with boobs designed by James Cameron.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The top is definitely a uterus, but I still can’t decide whether the bottom is balls or tits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Small Strange Bird posted:

I don't know; Battle Beyond The Stars tells the same story in 105 minutes that Rebel Moon tells half of in 134 minutes. Also BBTS has Robert Vaughn and George Peppard and John Saxon and a spaceship with boobs designed by James Cameron.

It also has a FX shot that Corman used over and over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVR6gzBGUU
Here's a video about it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know the internet has collectively groaned at Disney properties entering the public domain and becoming terrible slasher movies but I welcome it. Make that Steamboat Willy slasher. Make the Disney corporation uncomfortable using their iconography.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I know the internet has collectively groaned at Disney properties entering the public domain and becoming terrible slasher movies but I welcome it. Make that Steamboat Willy slasher. Make the Disney corporation uncomfortable using their iconography.

If they shrugged off Escape From Tomorrow, they'll shrug off some lovely slasher with a guy in a Mickey Mouse mask.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

If Gunn wants my respect he'll take advantage of this to do a Mickey Mouse v Batman animated film in Steamboat Willy style.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

live with fruit posted:

If they shrugged off Escape From Tomorrow, they'll shrug off some lovely slasher with a guy in a Mickey Mouse mask.

Should have taken him to court for making such a terrible loving movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

Should have taken him to court for making such a terrible loving movie.

They did something far worse: utterly ignore it since they knew that if they pursued any sort of legal action, it would give him the publicity he was seeking. And sure enough, the movie made no money and was quickly forgotten. Probably the sanest decision made by a corporation in recent history.