Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

"I cheated but I suck so bad it didn't even work, this is everyone else's fault" is so good my god.

To play devil's avocado for a moment, it's the DOTA 2 community so I could 100% believe players Dislike/Report any high level Streamer if the get paired up with them just for the sake of it.

But yea I don't watch streams so for all I know he could genuinely just be a toxic doodooface

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Time again to buy games we don't need and won't ever play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0l4519tkA

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

exquisite tea posted:

When I was
A young thief

my Cutty
sent me into the city
to steal from Lord Bafford

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mariah Carey may not want a lot for Christmas, but my steam wishlist says otherwise

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

Ulio posted:

Time again to buy games we don't need and won't ever play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0l4519tkA

But I'm still working through the stuff I got in the 2010 Summer Sale!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Random free games to collect and never play because you already have too many:

Legion Tower ?efense 2 IYEK9-I8J0W-9?IFE

Legend of Kee?ers K42FQ-W6NFA-DQY?2

Lawn Mowing Simula?or MWYRI-7?KMZ-XKGGR

B?nners of Ruin WMVQJ-D3JY6-TDDW?

Y?s your grac? JD746-L7N8B-?XWHK

Atom RP? Trudo?rad IXIRR-CLQ0E-H?3J6

Crow? Trick 09BAA-D?IEY-LZDHW

Descende?s 0C5FB-VYYG?-83K6P

In?ustria 0?JB?-XZQAA-E9WAH

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

When I was
A young thief

FutureCop posted:

my Cutty
sent me into the city
to steal from Lord Bafford

tell me what song you're referencing so I know where to shoehorn in "taffity taff taffers"

Orv
May 4, 2011
smdh

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

FishMcCool posted:

Descende?s 0C5FB-VYYG?-83K6P

Thank you for Descenders

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is it from a anime

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hwurmp posted:

is it from a anime

no its a emo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
anemo

Orv
May 4, 2011
The video is pretty anime in places tbh

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Flair posted:

Thank you for Descenders

have fun! That's the one from the list that I actually already owned when I got the key. It's a lot of fun, and a pretty good couch multiplayer if taking turns on a random map and competing on time.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Perestroika posted:

I had such high hopes for and fun with the simple "World of Sailships" deathmatch kinda deal they had going on in the beta. And then the game hit 1.0 and turned into one of those MMOs where it was just super tedious to get to the actually fun parts. :arghfist::smith:

edit: Also yeah have another link for the Skull and Bones beta, should be good for two invites: https://register.ubisoft.com/skulla...dKopKtUp9BWt6gA

those early beta battles were a good time :rip:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Hwurmp posted:

tell me what song you're referencing so I know where to shoehorn in "taffity taff taffers"

Will you defeat them? Your demons, and all the taffity taff taffers.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The winter sale trailer shows a few of the nominees for the steam awards. Red Dead 2 gets on the list for Labor of Love despite getting nothing beyond two maintenance patches for over a year. The steam userbase brain trust has done it again.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm going to get My Time at Sandrock during the sale and I am going to play it, too.

Orv
May 4, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Post your thoughts! I don't have time to test the game but I am always interested in more pirate games.

I honestly don't know what to think about Skull and Bones. When I made a Pirates of the Burning Sea joke earlier it was just the easy joke to make, Naval Action was honestly even a closer one from what we've heard about the game so far. But no, they actually really did make another PotBS. You have an avatar but each 'port' is about two streets and completely uninteresting. There's no on-foot combat but I wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being in an expansion or something.

The game looks, I dunno, weirdly bad? It looks like a game that was built on the same version of the Ubisoft engine that Black Flag, a decade ago, was but they upped the texture resolution a bit and made everything shiny. Intellectually I know Black Flag has to look worse than this does but I genuinely can't imagine it's by much.

The sailing is pretty much just Black Flag+. Wind matters a little more, your ship is a bit heavier than they were in BF. Your cannons now fire individually, reload individually and require you to actually aim, instead of the BF/Rebel Galaxy style big arc for all guns at once.

The MMO elements are out in full force and I'm not sure what to think about them. There's something inherently captivating about working your way up from a lovely little dinghy to a Man o' War or whatever the biggest ships are they let you have but I don't have the slightest inkling of how long that might actually take. The fact that they restrict you to six hours of play time on this beta when Ubisoft betas in the past have been probably almost too permissive is pretty worrying after a decade in dev hell.

As someone who is immensely stupid I will probably pick Skull and Bones up when it goes for 80% off in the summer or even sooner than that but as it is it's just weird.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 15, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Fun Times! posted:

I'm going to get My Time at Sandrock during the sale and I am going to play it, too.

Is that allowed?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

It's extremely good.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lister posted:

The winter sale trailer shows a few of the nominees for the steam awards. Red Dead 2 gets on the list for Labor of Love despite getting nothing beyond two maintenance patches for over a year. The steam userbase brain trust has done it again.

Assuming some of them aren't placeholders, Baldur's Gate 3 is up against Hogwarts Legacy for the GOTY award.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ErrEff posted:

Assuming some of them aren't placeholders, Baldur's Gate 3 is up against Hogwarts Legacy for the GOTY award.

lol, and also lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wish Sandrock worked on the Steam Deck.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hwurmp posted:

Goons being into MCR... this forum really has degenerated

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GhostDog posted:

lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ErrEff posted:

hogleg's gonna get the w

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GhostDog posted:

lol

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I did a real life LOL at the “loving gamers, man” energy to the Steam Award nominees.

Labour of Love: the game anyone only hears about because the community is moaning about last years event being recycled again

Most Innovative Gameplay: the game Bethesda is paying someone to trawl reviews and say “this isn’t boring as poo poo, actually”

Game of the Year: we changed the name of the football game!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lister posted:

realistic horse balls go a long way

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I wish Sandrock worked on the Steam Deck.
Unless something changed since EA, it runs on the Deck, just sub-optimally. Very long initial load in, and then the framerate usually varies between 40-60.

Still better than the Switch version of either game!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Lister posted:

This is what simple majorities give you. Clearly Valve should adopt a voting method that satisfies the Condorcet criterion when possible.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr.Acula posted:

Goons being into MCR... this forum really has degenerated

The future is 2006, old man

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

kazil posted:

Is that allowed?

Let them try and freaking stop me, Gamer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bumhead posted:

I did a real life LOL at the “loving gamers, man” energy to the Steam Award nominees.

Labour of Love: the game anyone only hears about because the community is moaning about last years event being recycled again
i liked the year gta v won that category while making millions and millions of dollars selling digital cash to its players.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

GhostDog posted:

People who care probably already know, but Thief: The Black Parade recently dropped, and it's by all accounts a fantastic full length mod campaign.

Also, Thief Gold is currently a buck at GOG.

gently caress yes, I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Fun Times! posted:

:mods:

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Valve gave a bunch of their DOTA2 players a free gift for their Frostivus event. When opened, most players received free cosmetic items, however many players received an "Extremely Toxic Lump of Coal" along with a ban. These were given out to players they've detected as cheating or smurfing.

https://www.polygon.com/24002666/dota-2-frostivus-2023-bans-valve-toxic-lump-coal

quote:

The most high-profile incident of a permanent ban is former pro Dota 2 player and two-time The International competitor Mason “mason” Venne, who streamed the opening of his Frostivus Gift on Twitch on Thursday. The surprise inside? No more Dota 2 for Venne.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulFrozenLaptopMcaT-u70lacgn1Q8z8DzN

E: gently caress

Velocity Raptor fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 16, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

repiv posted:

lmao valve gave every dota 2 player a christmas present, but for players who had been flagged for smurfing there was a piece of coal and notification that they'd been banned inside

Velocity Raptor posted:

Valve gave a bunch of their DOTA2 players a free gift for their Frostivus event. When opened, most players received free cosmetic items, however many players received an "Extremely Toxic Lump of Coal" along with a ban. These were given out to players they've detected as cheating or smurfing.

https://www.polygon.com/24002666/dota-2-frostivus-2023-bans-valve-toxic-lump-coal

You're a page late :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sab669 posted:

You're a page late :v:

Still, I'm happy to LOL again! Thanks Velocity Raptor!