Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The sparrow change just kicked the can down the road. Now instead of running AoT to be optimal I have to run the Mario Kart one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

oh this ol' thing?

I've gone flawless a handful of times and not thanks to my skills. the trick is to have a couple of cracked friends to carry your rear end on a saturday morning when all the sweats are asleep. That's the magic hour of trials.

Couldn't even get there on the morning of The Craftening before anyone figured it out? Shameful lmao

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

hey Hack

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Couldn't even get there on the morning of The Craftening before anyone figured it out? Shameful lmao

You snuck through while everyone was in the enclave, that doesn’t count!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

oh this ol' thing?

I've gone flawless a handful of times and not thanks to my skills. the trick is to have a couple of cracked friends to carry your rear end on a saturday morning when all the sweats are asleep. That's the magic hour of trials.

You can't see it but I'm angrily shaking my fist at you and cursing your name.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hackan Slash posted:

The sparrow change just kicked the can down the road. Now instead of running AoT to be optimal I have to run the Mario Kart one.

What's the Kart one got that makes it more optimal?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
It gives you the red and blue sparks while turning and occasionally drops shells

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Gosh I need to find more sweaty pvp friends. I'm just awful at pvp and Trials is a stompfest (I'm being stomped).

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Thought I'd do some questing while upstairs on gods greatest platform (PC) but apparently the lightfall expansion I bought is for xbox only wtf

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can get to 5 reliably then someone walking into a wall titan melees me as a warlock and suddenly our whole team is dead every loving time

e: Lol have there always been this many people selling carries on the app? That's pathetic

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 16, 2023

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Thought I'd do some questing while upstairs on gods greatest platform (PC) but apparently the lightfall expansion I bought is for xbox only wtf

Yeah due to dumb licensing stuff the expansions are locked to the platform while the seasons/dungeon are account wide. I think you don't even have access to strand which is super dumb.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBA Starblade posted:

I can get to 5 reliably then someone walking into a wall titan melees me as a warlock and suddenly our whole team is dead every loving time

e: Lol have there always been this many people selling carries on the app? That's pathetic

There have! It's quite bad!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Trials is like the movie WarGames: the only winning move is not to play.

Makes U think

Edit: or git real good I guess.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 16, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

syntaxfunction posted:

Trials is like the movie WarGames: the only winning move is not to play.

Makes U think

Edit: or git real good I guess.

At least I got a bad roll of the strand trace rifle out of it

:negative:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hackan Slash posted:

Yeah due to dumb licensing stuff the expansions are locked to the platform while the seasons/dungeon are account wide. I think you don't even have access to strand which is super dumb.

That sucks! Oh well, guess I’m tied to Xbox. I did get shadowkeep for $5 on the Xbox store tonight :unsmith:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

That sucks! Oh well, guess I’m tied to Xbox. I did get shadowkeep for $5 on the Xbox store tonight :unsmith:

If you want to game on PC you can get the legacy collection of Shadowkeep/Beyond Light/Witch Queen for free on the epic store for the next few days, idk when it ends.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hackan Slash posted:

If you want to game on PC you can get the legacy collection of Shadowkeep/Beyond Light/Witch Queen for free on the epic store for the next few days, idk when it ends.

I believe it's until December 20th

edit: definitely set up cross-save to keep all your stuff

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*Drifter voice* LOTTA TITHE IN SAVATHUN'S THIGHS, GUARDIAN.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hackan Slash posted:

Oh poo poo I thought I’d have to get it on the Xbox pc store for cross saves. I’ll give that a shot, thanks!

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Does the seasonal content work regardless of what platform you’re on? Or do you need to be it on every platform like the expansions?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

HelloNewman posted:

Does the seasonal content work regardless of what platform you’re on? Or do you need to be it on every platform like the expansions?

IIRC season content is cross-platform as long as you buy it on the platform you have cross save activated

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How on earth are people getting Devil's Ruin and Prometheus Lens to instant kill everyone in Crucible

I want to do it too

e: Also I'm very tired of Thorn and snipers lol, it's D1 meta all over again

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Waffle House posted:

*Drifter voice* LOTTA TITHE IN SAVATHUN'S THIGHS, GUARDIAN.

*Drifter voice* BRING A SWORD

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

theysayheygreg posted:

*Drifter voice* BRING A SWORD

*Drifter voice* OOOOOH!

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Speaking of Gambit, I've been beating my head against the wall for Breaknecks and man not getting a gambit engram after a match hurts.

I might just settle for my Subsistence/Adagio roll.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are Empire Hunts bugged right now? I did six and got no rewards but some engrams, not even cores lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Make an Adagio variant where it just gets slower and more powerful until your AR is a scout and then a sniper IMO

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

HelloNewman posted:

Anything purchasable with Silver is cross-platform. Anything exclusively purchasable with real human money has its own SKU or whatever and platform licensing means it can’t be cross-platform

Obviously the primary reason for the dungeon key was revenue, but another reason it became its own separately available purchase is so that they could get around platform locking.

(Similarly, Silver itself isn’t cross-platform because you buy it on Steam or PSN or Xbox, etc)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stasis Warlock with Conditional Finality is a very rude gently caress you to the other team lol

Think I'll try it next time I hate myself and try Trials again lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Put Adagio and Onslaught on the same gun, different columns I say.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Final tally - 4 Gambit rank resets

# of Subsistence/Onslaught Breaknecks - 0

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
hey guys I focused my first gambit engram of the season today

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah I've been getting engrams for every vendor like they're candy at Halloween. Also I became weirdly attached to the first Breakneck that dropped for me, Smallbore, Appended, Eye of the Storm and Onslaught. It just feels very nice.

I can see how speciality vendors like Saint and Lord Salty make three engrams a bit of a hassle to focus, and dropping them to either 1 for current weapons and 2 for legacy weapons or just a flat two across the board would be good. Other vendors like Zavala or Banshee I think it's more than fine. People freaking out about focusing at Banshee but I keep accidentally getting so many friggin engrams.

Also consider once you have the roll that's it, you won't want more. So as you knock off the ones you want you'll find more and more that engrams will, once again, just pile the gently caress up. Just like the old days.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The trials trace took only 1 engram for me. Focused like 5 and I got a PVP god roll and a middling pve roll. The gunsmith engrams are a real loving miss. Don't even drop world loot. Why is world loot the rarest loot?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

PERMACAV 50 posted:

hey guys I focused my first gambit engram of the season today

:negative:

I'm going to take my old sunset breakneck into a patrol zone just to feel something

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

B-but Drifter promised he'd make me rich!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Final tally - 4 Gambit rank resets

# of Subsistence/Onslaught Breaknecks - 0

Two here and no breakneck either.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That exotic strand bow seems really good. 50% bonus damage and shortened draw time against Suspended targets?

Also, interesting 'bug' or maybe intentional design - Artifact mods that give anti-champ traits to a weapon will not 'Overcharge' certain exotics that have an inherent anti-champ trait. The mod has to successfully grant the anti-champ trait in order to grant the Overcharge effect.

Or in clearer words, say you're running the artifact mod Anti-Unstoppable Bow. If you put on a Ticuu's or a Trinity Ghoul, they will be granted anti-unstoppable and will gain the 25% damage bonus from Overcharged. If you put on a Wish-Ender or a Monarque, they will not be granted anti-unstoppable and they will not gain the 25% bonus damage from Overcharged.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 19, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I have been loving this build: https://dim.gg/rfb5fuq/Dungeon

The moths not only are a ton of fun, but are also a great way to scare your teamates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That exotic strand bow seems really good. 50% bonus damage and shortened draw time against Suspended targets?

Also, interesting 'bug' or maybe intentional design - Artifact mods that give anti-champ traits to a weapon will not 'Overcharge' certain exotics that have an inherent anti-champ trait. The mod has to successfully grant the anti-champ trait in order to grant the Overcharge effect.

Or in clearer words, say you're running the artifact mod Anti-Unstoppable Bow. If you put on a Ticuu's or a Trinity Ghoul, they will be granted anti-unstoppable and will gain the 25% damage bonus from Overcharged. If you put on a Wish-Ender or a Monarque, they will not be granted anti-unstoppable and they will not gain the 25% bonus damage from Overcharged.

That's how it always worked.