Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It’s probably propping up a leg of a grand piano at Mar-a-Lago, don’t worry about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Did anyone check the magazine racks next to each golden shitter?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Jonny Quest posted:

On a scale from 0 to plaid, how quickly would a normal person with clearance be headed to Kansas if they "lost" that thing?

By the time they're done with them, there would be no person. Probably unpersoned.

The article really does do a good job at just how much of a clusterfuck those final days probably were internally. At the time, nobody was exactly convinced that Donnie was going to even leave, while he's busy trying to give a binder full of spies to fuckin John Solomon.

What's notable for me is even with all of this poo poo - we still basically broadcasted Russia's war plans before the Russians used them. Probably got lucky that whoever stole the binder didn't use it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
How would we even know if it was used? It very well could have been leaked to Russia for $Texas.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Bored As gently caress posted:

How would we even know if it was used? It very well could have been leaked to Russia for $Texas.

Stuff like this would've probably started happening: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-china-found-cia-spies-leak-2018-8

From that CNN article, a whole bunch of Senate staffers and Intel folks were briefed on it and they leak like crazy too. Chances are that the same hacker / internet troll types used by Russia in 2016 and in that binder were the same types still in play prior to the Ukraine war.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jonny Quest posted:

On a scale from 0 to plaid, how quickly would a normal person with clearance be headed to Kansas if they "lost" that thing?

If they lost it and immediately reported it and otherwise followed procedures? It'd be bad for them, but not prison bad. If they tried to cover up their incompetence, it'd be worse. If they were collaborating with a foreign interest, it'd be as bad as you'd expect.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Bored As gently caress posted:

$texas? With historical precedents it was probably like $60,000 tops

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

$texas? With historical precedents it was probably like $60,000 tops

For normal(ish) people. For Donnie? A novelty oversized love letter and a firm handshake with eye contact.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

For normal(ish) people. For Donnie? A novelty oversized love letter and a firm handshake with eye contact.

But with tears in their eyes, right, Sir?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The binder is currently underneath the Infowars desk, holding up Alex's handle of Titos vodka

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

But what place could be big enough to not find it after months of investigation?

It's up his rear end

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
its clear that putin has it. a lot of prominent russians fell out the window last year

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

My Spirit Otter posted:

its clear that putin has it. a lot of prominent russians fell out the window last year

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NYT is more or less talking like it was basically the Big Book of Crossfire Hurricane and everything that the FBI/CIA dug up in their election interference poo poo:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/15/us/politics/trump-binder-classified-material-russia.html

So it's not generic Russian Intelligence, but specific poo poo related to them helping Donnie in 2016. And Donnie was whining about not having it in 2021 and was yammering about offering back MY BOXES in exchange for the binder. While also saying Meadows had it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
holy moly

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1735772252711367144

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1735774059172929644?t=XWJk2mFwGhXCaXM4HO6DeQ&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 15, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They’re not gonna see a dime

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
LOOOOOOOOOL

Tiny Timbs posted:

Nowhere near that amount for sure, but as long as Rudy spends the rest of his life wearing a barrel on some suspenders and living in a dumpster behind 7-11 then some small iota of justice will have been done.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Good, get wrekt Rudy you poo poo head.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He could’ve sailed off into the sunset as “America’s mayor” after 9/11, and that would’ve been how people remembered him.

Now, it’s a melting hairline, the 4 seasons landscaping debacle press conference, and getting wrecked for $150mil because he was incapable of stopping the bullshit hose coming from his mouth.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Matthew Perry died from the effects of ketamine, buprenorphine, and water.

“🎶 Don’t take anesthetics unacompanied in a poooooool 🎶
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏”

- to the tune of I’ll be there for you

Friends sucked anyway, Seinfeld and Frasier are the superior nineties sitcoms anyway.

Hell, they rebooted Frasier.

It’s awful, but they did it. :sigh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Matthew Perry died from the effects of ketamine, buprenorphine, and water.

“🎶 Don’t take anesthetics unacompanied in a poooooool 🎶
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏”

- to the tune of I’ll be there for you

Friends sucked anyway, Seinfeld and Frasier are the superior nineties sitcoms anyway.

Hell, they rebooted Frasier.

It’s awful, but they did it. :sigh:

Honestly, I hate Seinfeld. Always Sunny did a better job, and I couldn't watch Frasier anymore after finding out Kelsey Grammer is a flaming conservative piece of trash :smith:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

LOOOOOOOOOL

Nowhere near that amount for sure, but as long as Rudy spends the rest of his life wearing a barrel on some suspenders and living in a dumpster behind 7-11 then some small iota of justice will have been done.

Inshallah, but Alex Jones is still spending $93k a month

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

CommieGIR posted:

Honestly, I hate Seinfeld. Always Sunny did a better job, and I couldn't watch Frasier anymore after finding out Kelsey Grammer is a flaming conservative piece of trash :smith:

What ya mean "did"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Tiny Timbs posted:

Per Popehat, this is kind of the best-case for the election workers in regards to chance of collection. The punitive damages are 1:1 with the compenatories so they're not out of whack. Rudy hosed around in the discovery phase, leading to the default judgment, which will stand up. Rudy hosed around with official requests about how much money he has and what he's worth. Rudy also hosed with the judge so

popehat posted:

If I were the trial judge I would reduce it from $148M to, say, $125M just to gently caress with him

Also can't be federally pardoned. He's stuck trying to legally evade this judgement for the rest of his life.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

What ya mean "did"

"does" sorry.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Per Popehat, this is kind of the best-case for the election workers in regards to chance of collection. The punitive damages are 1:1 with the compenatories so they're not out of whack. Rudy hosed around in the discovery phase, leading to the default judgment, which will stand up. Rudy hosed around with official requests about how much money he has and what he's worth. Rudy also hosed with the judge so

Also can't be federally pardoned. He's stuck trying to legally evade this judgement for the rest of his life.

I think a major thing the victims have going for them is that Rudy Giuliani is a brain-addled, delusional drug addict and not a crafty slimebag like Alex Jones

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Is Rudy far enough off the MAGA gravy train that he can't just raise this money one social security check at a time?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

If only there were some kind of school that taught the dangers of allowing default judgements, lying to the court, and loving with judges…

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

stealie72 posted:

Is Rudy far enough off the MAGA gravy train that he can't just raise this money one social security check at a time?

I believe so. Donnie had a fundraising dinner for him a few months ago then took like 90% of the cut or something ridiculous. Rudy's hosed. Nobody in the cult is springing up to help him. They're happy to wave his mangled corpse as a martyr to show how badly persecuted they all are but nobody's running to his side to help so far.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CommieGIR posted:

Seinfeld was better than the average but very of its time, when clips pop up on YouTube it’s just meh & not much reason for younger generations to watch.

Yeah that was a bummer about Grammer especially how good he is as Sideshow Bob. Apparently sometimes on Frasier he’d show up nearly catatonic, snap into perfect Frasier when they said action, then back into a stupor. Also:

quote:

In December 2023, when asked by the BBC during the promotional tour for a new series of Frasier, if he still supported Donald Trump, he stated he did, before the interview was cut short by a Paramount executive.
dang it we may be into James Woods territory.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Icon Of Sin posted:

He could’ve sailed off into the sunset as “America’s mayor” after 9/11, and that would’ve been how people remembered him.

Now, it’s a melting hairline, the 4 seasons landscaping debacle press conference, and getting wrecked for $150mil because he was incapable of stopping the bullshit hose coming from his mouth.

Don’t forget that scene he filmed for Borat 2. Cringe.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Icon Of Sin posted:

:circlefap:

And all because he had an insatiable lust for attention and blew a primary by putting all the eggs in the Florida basket.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

facialimpediment posted:

Good news for Rudy, with how far gone he is with alcoholic dementia, he won't be stuck with it for very long.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

monkeytennis posted:

Don’t forget that scene he filmed for Borat 2. Cringe.

That was nuts. You could see the shock on Sacha's face. There was a split second of "oh poo poo, he is really going to do it".

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

One for the eat-the-rich file: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/12/style/praxis-city-dryden-brown.html

quote:

Tech-world libertarians have long pushed for “exit projects” free from the constraints of the modern Western state. These hypothetical spaces are mostly the dry realm of wonks debating theories of sovereignty. But Mr. Brown’s company seems to have focused less on the nitty-gritty of building a city and more on its “traditional” “European” aesthetics and on introducing “Praxis values” such as “vitality,” “beauty,” and “patriotism" to prospective members.

These preoccupations place Mr. Brown within a nebulous group of right-wing influencers who practice a sort of mood board politics: a social media pastiche of images and aphorisms that celebrate antiquity, classicism and biological hierarchy — and by extension criticize modernity, diversity and human equality. (Its best known figure is the writer Bronze Age Pervert.)

Internal Praxis documents outline three “persona groups” who will populate the Praxis city. They are “warriors,” who are “muscular” and “clean” and protect society from threats; “priests,” who are “very thin,” and “define the values and beliefs of society”; and “merchants,” who are “portly” and “bearded,” and include venture capitalists and cryptocurrency professionals.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Only tech bros would congratulate themselves for reinventing the Hindu caste system

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

No way that will work, you also need Rogue and Mage archetypes to round out the party.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I saw a few old episodes recently and it’s unbelievable what a piece of poo poo Frasier is to women. Just about every other episode has him lying to a girl to try and get in her pants while calling his ex-wife the devil incarnate and sexually harassing his producer. They really do not hold up post-me too

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kelsey Grammer is a mega-chud irl so that checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

got bad news about them spartan warriors

https://acoup.blog/category/collections/this-isnt-sparta/