Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
gently caress November current events.

This is the first loving December in 100 goddamn years without that Oxygen Thieving War Criminal Kissinger drawing breath.

Current event: It’s a December to Remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's certainly off to a start: https://www.npr.org/2023/12/01/203277264/sandra-day-oconnor-dies

quote:

Retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the court, died Friday in Phoenix, Ariz., of complications related to advanced dementia, probably Alzheimer's, and a respiratory illness, the court announced. She was 93 years old.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If you're reading this post, Santos has been kicked out of the House. Or not. Nobody actually knows because the expulsion vote is about to happen and nobody really knows what the result will be!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

If you're reading this post, Santos has been kicked out of the House. Or not. Nobody actually knows because the expulsion vote is about to happen and nobody really knows what the result will be!

Aaand he's gone.

:toot:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Arrath posted:

Aaand he's gone.

:toot:

Congress may have lost a representative, but the Grifter Hall of Fame has gained its newest member. Rest confidently on your laurels, O God King of Con Men. You were simply too beautiful for politics.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://bsky.app/profile/phillewis.bsky.social/post/3kfinoswihx2n

"WASHINGTON (AP) — House expels Republican Rep. George Santos of New York in a bipartisan vote after critical ethics report on his conduct."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bullshit. Re-Elect George!
I have more respect for Santis than most politicians because he was so patently obvious with his poo poo, while denying it with a straight face.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT THE ALL-TIME EMMY AWARD WINNER

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
God drat, I did not expect that. You have got to be an astonishingly unlikeable rear end in a top hat to get kicked out like that in times like these. For Republicans to make their majority slimmer by kicking a four time WWE champ and Nobel laureate out he had to have pissed off everyone constantly.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT THE ALL-TIME EMMY AWARD WINNER

Let's not forget the anti-Semitic implications of expelling a Latino representative whose grandparents like totally fled the Holocaust.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

bulletsponge13 posted:

Bullshit. Re-Elect George!
I have more respect for Santis than most politicians because he was so patently obvious with his poo poo, while denying it with a straight face.

Now that Republicans have come to their senses and expelled the liar Santos surely they have come around on Trump being the conman threat he is and will no longer support him

Is what I am afraid people who did a hubris in 2016 are going to think

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's not hubris, it's a lifestyle. Has been for Santos since he was a founding member of the Beatles

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

God drat, I did not expect that. You have got to be an astonishingly unlikeable rear end in a top hat to get kicked out like that in times like these. For Republicans to make their majority slimmer by kicking a four time WWE champ and Nobel laureate out he had to have pissed off everyone constantly.

Santos made them marks and that throws off the grifter-mark relationship

https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1730625729509888065?t=vPKdpp4erMEw1Dd1BSB_Ng&s=19

not sure we'll deal with the world's foremost nuclear-powered aircraft engineer in congress

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

Santos made them marks and that throws off the grifter-mark relationship

https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1730625729509888065?t=vPKdpp4erMEw1Dd1BSB_Ng&s=19

not sure we'll deal with the world's foremost nuclear-powered aircraft engineer in congress

Pretty sure that's the kind of poo poo that can land you in jail.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

fknlo posted:

Virtually all of those bastards in congress have done poo poo that should land you in jail, but they're the ruling class so they're exempt. Santos is the exception in that he's pissed off enough of his betters that he probably will see jail time.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This is no way to treat a man who landed on the moon 5 times!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Icon Of Sin posted:

This is no way to treat a man who landed on the moon 5 times!

It does give him more time to with another Stanley Cup, though.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Gonna be great to watch the New York Democrats sit on their own balls in the special election.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

fknlo posted:

Yeah he's already been charged with lots of stuff related to that campaign finance stuff. Also, his biggest bargaining chip with the DOJ was going to be "ok if you drop the charges, I will resign from Congress and go back to my lucrative career of unicorn farming". He's probably hosed.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
aint no month in the thread title. how am i supposed to know what month it is

in actual events, surprising nobody, the supreme court of russia has accepted the ministry of justice's request to recognize the (entirely made up) International LGBT Movement as an extremist organization. in response, activists have registered an actual legal entity under this name

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

gently caress November current events.

This is the first loving December in 100 goddamn years without that Oxygen Thieving War Criminal Kissinger drawing breath.

Current event: It’s a December to Remember!

you complete buffoon, thats why november was the best month of the year, its when kissinger died

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
December coming in hot

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

DC court of appeals declared Trump can be sued for inciting Jan 6

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bulletsponge13 posted:

DC court of appeals declared Trump can be sued for inciting Jan 6

Cool, Where can I sign up for the class action lawsuit?

Speaking of, what's the latest on Cheeto man? It's been unusually radio silent recently.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

aint no month in the thread title. how am i supposed to know what month it is

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cool, Where can I sign up for the class action lawsuit?

Speaking of, what's the latest on Cheeto man? It's been unusually radio silent recently.

Well, the gag order is back in place, so that might be partially responsible.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It does give him more time to with another Stanley Cup, though.

How dare they treat one of the participants in the Stonewall riots in such a way?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

GIRL, 👧 HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS?📰 Another Diva👑💅🏽🫦 is Down ❌❌😵 after being expelled from Deez Nuts 😤😤that’s right ✅✅ gWHORGE Santos put his whole SANTUSSY😎😇 into Congress 😝 he SERVED🫡 so the rest of us 👶 could get our CUMMIES😋😋, yummies, and TUMMY tucks on SLAPitol Hill🇺🇸🇺🇸 he bought a Birkin👛🤑💼💼 and that rear end is twerkin 😍😍 but now that he’s San-TOAST🥵 and ferra-GONE-o😪 he may be boTOXIC 💉💅🏼 and un-CUNTstituional📜 but poliDICKS🫨🍆🫨aside, stealing of BABIES👶👶, commitment to CAMP⛺️🪵, and his DICKlaring🍆🍆🍆 of lies🤫🤭 will never be forTHOTten🧠🫨. with ONLY 114 FANS that voted to keep him, he must SASHAY AWAY💃💃 or be DRAGgged out SCREAMING😩😩😩 so spread those legs 🦵 wide, open that throat 😜😮🥰 and pour one out 🥂🥂🥃🍾 for a Jew-ISH 🤴 he gave a new meaning to House eTHICCs🤤 committee 😜😜

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Question on Santos expulsion: doesn't it violate the Hastert rule?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Never do this again. My eyes are bleeding.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

OddObserver posted:

The majority of the majority rule is an internal republican guideline.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is there some sort of generator for that kind of word soup?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Somewhere out there is the person who writes the original version of those and I want to meet them. Are they a generational genius like Dril or Chuck Tingle? Or are they confined to a basement to protect the world from their madness?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

OddObserver posted:

Hell of a way to call the guy a pedophile... Or is Hastert famous for something else?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The majority of the majority rule is an internal republican guideline.

Well, yes, but I feel it's notable that that they didn't follow their own guideline in this case, despite their "leadership" being ostensibly opposed to the expulsion, too, so I am curious if it's some rules special case, incompetence, or on purpose.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

OddObserver posted:

Well, yes, but I feel it's notable that that they didn't follow their own guideline in this case, despite their "leadership" being ostensibly opposed to the expulsion, too, so I am curious if it's some rules special case, incompetence, or on purpose.

Leadership didn't really care, as they didn't whip the vote. So none of the leaders voted to can the five-time rookie of the year in pickleball, but did the legislative version of "eh, vote how you want, we don't care".

Also, this current GOP House simply can't provide a majority of the majority... in anything. They can't provide 218 for anything at all.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Did Newsom rip off Desantis' head and poo poo down his throat as hard as my tiktok feed is making it look?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Yes, though that's not very difficult to accomplish. DeSantis makes a fool of himself every time he goes out in public.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dude if a mouse could do it….

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fknlo posted:

Did Newsom rip off Desantis' head and poo poo down his throat as hard as my tiktok feed is making it look?

Well if my YouTube suggested videos from Fox and Forbes are true, Desantis DESTROYED Newsom.