Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

denim vest over leather jacket is still hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nazi chic would be the right term for motorhead and therefore Trips copying them.

Nazi chick was Seth Rollins old girlfriend

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
he was so fuckin jacked lmao

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

this is the best triple hhh has ever looked. i put this on my christmas list, but i doubt my girlfriend santa is going to get it for me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

fart blood posted:

Yes I’m aware he’s a racist shitbag. The iron cross is Motörhead worship.

There’s a million things to hate HHH for, you don’t have to make poo poo up for fake internet points on a dead comedy forum.

How many fake internet points did I achieve with my post?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

this is the best triple hhh has ever looked. i put this on my christmas list, but i doubt my girlfriend santa is going to get it for me.

These are the ornate jackets EMF promised us but never delivered on

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Well it's not like the iron cross is ever used by Nazis, case closed

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's just a misunderstanding. The Booker T feud was satire.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It's not actually German, he is really wishing death on AEW.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HHH is a tryhard dweeb who doesn't think most of his ideas through all the way, like most wrestlers, but I don't think he's a bigot in the same way that the Harris twins are, or like Dick Murdoch was.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Triple H has the artistic taste of a 15 year old boy. Skulls, iron crosses, the cool S and so on

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CombineThresher posted:

HHH is a tryhard dweeb who doesn't think most of his ideas through all the way, like most wrestlers, but I don't think he's a bigot in the same way that the Harris twins are, or like Dick Murdoch was.

When does the difference stop being important, though? He likes showing off the symbols, has actively been part of racist poo poo. Who cares if he isn't a real Nazi in his secret heart of hearts? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Normal American bigotry and terrible fashion choices doesn't really mean you are a fascist or Nazi. You can be a bigot and not be a Nazi, all squares are rectangles yada yada

Jade wrestle yet? Punk wrestle yet?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seams posted:

Triple H has the artistic taste of a 15 year old boy. Skulls, iron crosses, the cool S and so on

"The Cool S" has a very different connotation in the immediate proximity of "The Iron Cross"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
1998 wasn’t exactly “back in the day” when it comes to blackface and he was thirty years old, but sure, let’s go with whatever.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lucky for HHH, his coworkers and supervisors include Vince and the literal House of Saud, so "wears an iron cross pendant" has to compete with "multiple credible accusations" and "9/11", so it's like hiding a candle near a campfire.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

1998 wasn’t exactly “back in the day” when it comes to blackface and he was thirty years old

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wow, so much desperation for internet points. wouldn’t expect any less from the dam IWC…

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

A pro wrestler using the cool s as one of their logoes would be fuckin sweet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everyone talks about the DX blackface skit but nobody remembers the one where DX was walking around Manhattan and Triple H picks people at random to do racist accents at

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rotinaj posted:

A pro wrestler using the cool s as one of their logoes would be fuckin sweet

no one owns the cool s, that merch would sell

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

projecthalaxy posted:

Lucky for HHH, his coworkers and supervisors include Vince and the literal House of Saud, so "wears an iron cross pendant" has to compete with "multiple credible accusations" and "9/11", so it's like hiding a candle near a campfire.

Not to mention Asuka's Nazi clown costume from her pre-WWE days.

Most people in America don't really know what they believe and are a crazy quilt of contradictory opinions that fall apart under like five seconds of scrutiny, and HHH seems more like that than a person with any kind of ideology or intent. But he is absolutely a moron and people can/should dunk on him for doing blackface and jobbing out Booker T, especially now that he's trying to PR himself as "the good boss" now that Vince is gone. He's the same kind of mushbrain as Vince, albeit less inclined to overtly bully his employees.

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
why give racists the benefit of the doubt though?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JethroMcB posted:

"The Cool S" has a very different connotation in the immediate proximity of "The Iron Cross"

As long as you only draw one or more than two you’re in the clear

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

zetamind2000 posted:

no one owns the cool s, that merch would sell

If there is anything going to wrestling shows have taught me, people will buy official and bootleg t-shirts interchangably quite happily

Get ahead of it, swerve, take the cool s for your own

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyzd47/meet-the-guy-who-just-trademarked-the-s-thing-cool-s-pointy-s-stussy-s

:negative:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everyone owns the cool S. It's part of the natural commonwealth of humanity, like Antarctica.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

When I pushed him on whether he’d sue anyone over trademark infringement, he admitted it was possible but said he’d only take on large companies. “So kids drawing on their school books will be safe?” I asked.

“Of course!” he exclaimed. “The symbol is nothing without the people who draw it on their school books or tag it on their walls. All I hope to do is inspire people to draw the S and truly revel in its irreverence.”

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nazi chic would be the right term for motorhead and therefore Trips copying them.

No legit tho

https://youtu.be/A1Zd8MZUDM8?si=yRgETkAvQoiFQHKv

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Pedigree when he would keep the arms trapped on the way down was one of the best finishers ever. Releasing the arms? Garbage, poo poo on my shoes.

Loved his AA spine buster. Liked the jumping knee, usually looked pretty good. The one where he’d smash someone’s face on his knee was bad in both concept and execution.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

reddit finisher

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

projecthalaxy posted:

good and or bad news on this front

Palate cleanser after all the trips talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lVnVnmzboo

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

The Pedigree when he would keep the arms trapped on the way down was one of the best finishers ever. Releasing the arms? Garbage, poo poo on my shoes.

Loved his AA spine buster. Liked the jumping knee, usually looked pretty good. The one where he’d smash someone’s face on his knee was bad in both concept and execution.
The face smash move was such rear end in the games. I hated just having to look at it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Remember when he tried to get himself over as a submission expert with da Indian Deathlock

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Imagine defending Triple H

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

paul triple haitch

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alaois posted:

Remember when he tried to get himself over as a submission expert with da Indian Deathlock

Doing the same thing with a goddamn sleeper was worse.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Giant Tiger's no hands pedigree is better

Heck Giant Tiger is a better wrestler than HHH now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

and hes a more efficient duct tape user too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Roman Reigns promo

- US Title Contender Tourney: Carmelo Hayes vs. Grayson Waller

- US Title Contender Tourney: Kevin Owens vs. Austin Theory

- Karrion Kross Vignette

- BACKSTAGE SPOILER

- DAMAGE CTRL backstage

- Zelina & Michin vs. Kabuki Warriors

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT

BACKSTAGE NEWS

- Cedric Alexander vs. Axiom  is scheduled for a pre-show match

- Bronson Reed vs. Nathan Frazer is scheduled for a pre-show match

- Ryan Tran is scheduled for the main event referee assignment.

- WWE is taping a second show tonight.

SPOILERS

- Randy Orton is to be involved in the Bloodline's promo

- Bloodline is getting two segments to start the show.

- Jimmy Uso vs. Roman Reigns is set to main event

- BACKSTAGE SPOILER: Kevin Owens and Carmelo Hayes segment

- Main event is scheduled for three segments, women's match for one, and the US Title Contender matches for two

quote:

It appears WWE is trying a new concept, possibly for a new show, or pre-show attraction.

Ahead of the December 15 episode of Smackdown, WWE ran two matches with "WWE Speed" logos on the side of the ring. With wrestlers from Raw, NXT and the free agent pool, WWE had matches that had a 5:00 timer on them. Details and specifics as of now are few and far between, but POP QUIZ, HOTSHOT -- we have learned a little bit.

NXT's Nathan Frazer took on WWE Raw's Bronson Reed in a very quick match that Bronson Reed won. Free Agent Cedric Alexander took on NXT's Axiom as well. We're told that Corey Graves and Kevin Patrick were on commentary, and the matches were film as if they'd be broadcasted, though we've not heard of any specific plans as of yet. Previously, NXT talent working pre-show matches was usually reserved for Main Event tapings ahead of WWE Raw.

There's no word on what happens if the matches go under 50 MPH, but hopefully Keanu Carver can get booked on the show to figure it out.

Next week's episode since it's being taped

quote:

- AJ Styles promo

- Holiday Havoc Match: Bianca Belair, Shotzi, Zelina Vega & Michin vs. DAMAGE CTRL

- NXT North American Title: Dragon Lee vs. Butch

- US Title Contender Tourney Semifinals SPOILERS

- US Title Contender Tourney Semifinals: Bobby Lashley vs. Santos Escobar

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT

Backstage News

- Because it's a double taping, there is no post-show dark match.

- Dan Engler is the main event referee

- Dakota Kai and Street Profits are planned for the show

SPOILERS

- Alba & Isla are set to return in the Holiday Havoc match

- US Title Contender Tourney Semifinals SPOILERS: Kevin Owens vs. Carmelo Hayes

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT AJ Styles vs. Solo Sikoa

- All of the matches on the show are slated for two segments

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 16, 2023