Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The_Franz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

How did it 'fail'? it was around from 1985 until whenever it was in the 90s that they stopped using styrofoam packaging, since the packaging was the whole gimmick.

George Costanza has never had more energy or hair than in this commercial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Anyone remember 20oz sodas?

Aren't they all like 16.9oz now? And a higher price. Maybe that's water bottles. I don't know.

They're still around, I get them sometimes when I order out for a sandwich like right now :getin:
But yeah, the smaller ones seem to be pushed a lot more. I think they still had the 20 oz-ers on the shelves whenever the last time I bought soda at a store was, but the 16.9 ones were more popular. Cheaper, but not by as much as the decrease in volume, I'm sure.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks to this thread I learned there's a McDonald's wiki and thanks to that I learned that they are opening a spinoff chain to compete with Starbucks and Dunkin named after a character from 80s McDonaldland

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

It was a joke.

How does my brain even go in that direction? Dicks.

And thanks for the compliment. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jsCxNK4vAc&t=22s

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Proper New England style buns

Shame about literally everything else

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

maybeadracula posted:

Proper New England style buns

Its a shame they're nearly impossible to get elsewhere. They truly are the superior bun.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Obscene. Ban.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No god made that donut

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Sausage starfish and the hot dog flavoured water

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

"Liebot, what is the saddest thing?"
"A small child asks his parents for pizza delivery and receives this instead. He's obviously crushed by the latest in a long cold river of cruel disappointments but says 'thanks mum, you're the best' because he realises she honestly can't afford to go over budget right now."

(It's a real page and the JPEG compression was like that when I got there)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

aardwolf posted:

"Liebot, what is the saddest thing?"
"A small child asks his parents for pizza delivery and receives this instead. He's obviously crushed by the latest in a long cold river of cruel disappointments but says 'thanks mum, you're the best' because he realises she honestly can't afford to go over budget right now."

(It's a real page and the JPEG compression was like that when I got there)

Still a better birthday pizza than the olive one. There, I said it :colbert:

e: wait a minute, this isn't the terrible pizza thread :tinfoil:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think it's cute too

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Soul Dentist posted:

I think it's cute too

Depends on how young the kid is. Cause it definitely could be cute, yeah.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hello is.this still available

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
raccoons would love those

they wouldn't be able to fit into the sewers any more tho

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
undoubtedly all 3 are delicious btw I just wanted to share such a lovely photo of sausages

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Never had a weißwurst... they gotta be made fresh from what I understand

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

Never had a weißwurst... they gotta be made fresh from what I understand

They are ok, you don't eat the skin on them and they are served with sweet mustard. There are definitely better German sausages, but they still go great with beer and a pretzel.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whooping Crabs posted:

They are ok, you don't eat the skin on them

So do you slice open the skin lengthwise and then scoop out all the ground meat? or just open one end and squeeze it all out?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Weisswurst looks like a petrified dog turd. I'll still eat it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So do you slice open the skin lengthwise and then scoop out all the ground meat? or just open one end and squeeze it all out?

I've only had it a couple times and I just cut lengthwise and peeled it off. It's firm enough to be peeled out in one big piece, which you can then cut up with a knife.

Wikipedia says you can suck it out (lol)
"Ways of eating Weißwurst include the traditional way, called zuzeln (Bavarian for sucking), in which each end of the sausage is cut or bitten open, after which the meat is sucked out from the skin. Alternatively, the more popular and more discreet ways of consuming it are by cutting the sausage lengthwise and then "rolling out" the meat from the skin with a fork, or also to open it on one end and consume it very much like a banana, ever opening the peel further and dipping the sausage into the mustard."

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Hal Jordan is going to lose his mind

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Whooping Crabs posted:

"Ways of eating Weißwurst include ... also to open it on one end and consume it very much like a banana, ever opening the peel further and dipping the sausage into the mustard."

:ibadpop:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whooping Crabs posted:

I've only had it a couple times and I just cut lengthwise and peeled it off. It's firm enough to be peeled out in one big piece, which you can then cut up with a knife.

Wikipedia says you can suck it out (lol)
"Ways of eating Weißwurst include the traditional way, called zuzeln (Bavarian for sucking), in which each end of the sausage is cut or bitten open, after which the meat is sucked out from the skin. Alternatively, the more popular and more discreet ways of consuming it are by cutting the sausage lengthwise and then "rolling out" the meat from the skin with a fork, or also to open it on one end and consume it very much like a banana, ever opening the peel further and dipping the sausage into the mustard."

drat, I wanna zuzeln a sausage now

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

how is this the worst? looks p good aside from the ketchup and poo poo mustard

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'll take it with the ket and mus
Love a good smoked sausage

zone
Dec 6, 2016

looks corny sure, but doesn't look that bad

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Honestly the biggest improvement -other than a better condiment mix I guess- would just be having the sauce go the length of the sausage. Good solid idea though.

And honestly if that's a nice spiced sausage may not even need that.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Even as a kid I preferred must, no ket on a hot dog but I have come around to curry ketchup on a dawg and I recommend to all. Only trouble now is sourcing it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Mix ketchup and curry powder

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Soul Dentist posted:

Wow this guy gets it

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jelly posted:

Weisswurst looks like a petrified dog turd. I'll still eat it.

If you ever wondered why dog turds aren't white anymore the pet food companies finally stopped putting bone meal in them

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Soul Dentist posted:

for loving real what in the eff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

for loving real what in the eff

Yeah that's not at all how it works lol