Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Improper pickling technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dick Burglar posted:

Sounds like a pretty good reason to keep your cat indoors, then.

People shouldn't need a reason beyond "cats kill a fuckload of wildlife" to keep their cats indoors, but this is a selfish reason that they might actually care about.

Do you want grackle explosions? Because that’s how you get them.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
There are better ways to control individual species than unleashing cats into the wild and praying they hunt only grackles, instead of the myriad species they actually obliterate.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

By popular demand posted:

Improper pickling technique.

I see you're new to the internet

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Dick Burglar posted:

There are better ways to control individual species than unleashing cats into the wild and praying they hunt only grackles, instead of the myriad species they actually obliterate.

I get what your saying but

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Grackles rule and they should prosper.

House sparrows are the most invasive bird species in the world and should be culled everywhere but Europe and west Asia.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Master Twig posted:

House sparrows are the most invasive bird species in the world and should be culled everywhere but Europe and west Asia.

i got a bird feeder with a IoT security camera attached as a gift and literally the only birds I've seen in the weeks I've had it up are house sparrows and pigeons

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Master Twig posted:

Grackles are fine in normal numbers. The problem is that they are incredibly successful at adapting to urban environments, leading to population explosions.

No argument that house sparrows gotta go.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Cursed resolution to pest problems

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
"Is your cat an indoor cat or outdoor?"
"Oh, injar only"

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

By popular demand posted:

I get what your saying but

My last cat was originally my neighbors outdoor cat. The grackle in the tree outside their house was her mortal enemy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

Cursed - coyotes have always been around San Diego, but during COVID they moved into the suburbs and parks and whatnot.

:smith: There's a ton of "missing cat" posters all over the neighborhood from people who lost outdoor cats :smith:

There are coyotes that roam my neighborhood alleys and the other night I threw rocks at one that was trying to get a stray cat and made it run away :hai:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love mice, but they're horribly destructive and I've had to make my peace with my cats killing the poo poo out of them. I do appreciate the couple that are incredibly efficient about it.

Her last week on earth, my 16 year-old cat in failing health caught a mouse and swiftly ate its head, much to the amazement of on-looking kittens. They very respectfully sat by in audience and watched her work. She was an absolute queen.

deep dish peat moss posted:

There are coyotes that roam my neighborhood alleys and the other night I threw rocks at one that was trying to get a stray cat and made it run away :hai:

You're a hero! :glomp:

There was a big coyote hunting event at the beginning of the month (Montana) and it was such a drat relief not to hear them surrounding the house anymore. Fuckers have charged me before and come after (but never gotten!) my cats.

I will fight a loving coyote if it comes after my pets. The pets know this and I hope the coyotes do, too.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

We need a dog mod in here, stat.

I am powerless to prosecute this infraction. :negative:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Das Boo posted:

. The pets know this and I hope the coyotes do, too.

They know but they don't respect it.

You have to make a ritualistic example of one of them for the rest to see

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Das Boo posted:

Her last week on earth, my 16 year-old cat in failing health caught a mouse and swiftly ate its head, much to the amazement of on-looking kittens. They very respectfully sat by in audience and watched her work. She was an absolute queen.

Don't gently caress with Gramma Cat

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
A classic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

TotalLossBrain posted:

They know but they don't respect it.

You have to make a ritualistic example of one of them for the rest to see

:hmmyes:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

I will fight a loving coyote if it comes after my pets. The pets know this and I hope the coyotes do, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTIYzyqPKDs&t=35s

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Why are so many pet owners insane, stupid, and/or lazy. How hard is it to keep a loving pet in your house.

Also you'd think after cat number 3 or 4 the shelter would either give him a punch card so his 8th cat is free or just stop giving him cats.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
please do not yell at the jaypegs

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

They see me rollin’, they hatin’, patrollin’, and tryna catch me ridin’ dirty.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
ridin purrty

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
I like coyotes, but I also don't let my cats wander around outside by themselves. I wonder if these things are related

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I don't understand this.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if uncle sam gets less money on purchase tax the nazis win

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/primawesome/status/1178671690261286918

BallerBallerDillz fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 16, 2023

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Robo Reagan posted:

if uncle sam gets less money on purchase tax the nazis win

Almost exactly the opposite - it's encouraging people to not waste money on "frivolous" purchases and instead invest in helping the war effort (like with bonds and donations). Also as the small text at the bottom says, it's from London, not the US.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Buddy of mine lived in downtown Chicago and had a cat who was always trying to escape the house and go on an adventure. One time cat made it through the alley door, went about 10 feet, and came face to face with a Chicago city rat. Kitty ran back inside and never attempted to leave on his own again.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CuwiKhons posted:

Almost exactly the opposite - it's encouraging people to not waste money on "frivolous" purchases and instead invest in helping the war effort (like with bonds and donations). Also as the small text at the bottom says, it's from London, not the US.

in my defense im illiterate and drunk

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Robo Reagan posted:

in my defense im illiterate and drunk

It's fine, it's actually a really unclear cartoon because it seems like she doesn't end up buying anything but the bug is still happy about it? I had to look it up to be sure it was what I thought it was.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
She's carrying a big white shopping bag in third frame - it's pretty clear what's going on.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Munchkin cats are the new bonsai kitties. terribly Cursed

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

:siren:BONUS CURSE:siren:

Randomly watching a 3 year old XCOM stream on Twitch and beaglerush started the broadcast by showing this forum thread to his chat:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/the-average-unarmed-human-can-easily-beat-a-wolf-i-1996195/

e:
My god this might rival the weightlifting forum's how many days are in a week thread :catstare:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 16, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Takes No Damage posted:

:siren:BONUS CURSE:siren:

Randomly watching a 3 year old XCOM stream on Twitch and beaglerush started the broadcast by showing this forum thread to his chat:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/the-average-unarmed-human-can-easily-beat-a-wolf-i-1996195/

e:
My god this might rival the weightlifting forum's how many days are in a week thread :catstare:

quote:

Lol you must be the bear hands guy.

I really wish someone in the thread would have elaborated on that, because whoever "the bear hands guy" is they must've argued something magnificently stupid.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Can't believe we're getting husky dogs to pull sleds when humans could just use their superior stamina and run

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

C'mon all you have to dop is challange the wolf to a rhyming contest.
:smugbert:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
the "average human" panics when charged by a chicken, and runs in terror from a swan - and then theres people confident they could easily kill a wolf unarmed.
Just lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

the "average human" panics when charged by a chicken, and runs in terror from a swan - and then theres people confident they could easily kill a wolf unarmed.
Just lmao.

I mean I definitely could. You know how full of microplastics and plasticisers and preservatives my flesh is? That wolf wouldn't last a week after consuming my corpse.