Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Tesseraction posted:

I'm revoking your spelling lizense.

Jokez on you; Ize never had one.

Ed oh ffs another snipe? The 49 bus goes from Clapham Junction to Shepherds Bush or vice versa. Assuming you're in London.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

phwoar

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Google Jeb Bush posted:

was it twisto (rip) who did those amusing deep dives into old school obituary listings?

wormes

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Lizense is a cross between incense and Liz Truss. You put it in a thurible and swing it about and it talks complete bollocks.
We're talking liz-sense.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Tesseraction posted:

I'm revoking your spelling lizense.

Lizonce, surely?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Question IRL posted:

In other news (literally.)

Prince Harry awarded £140,600 in phone hacking claim against Mirror Group

While the £140 K in damages doesn't sound too bad, the legal costs will probably be a number of degrees higher.
And that's not counting the other parties involved. Or the future celebs likely to take actions based off this.

It also means you can say he knew about phone hacking without him threatening libel.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

serious gaylord posted:

It also means you can say he knew about phone hacking without him threatening libel.

You mean Prince Harry knew?
I'd say he did. That's why he took the case in the first place.
Also why would he sue you for libel, he was getting his life ruined by it. He wasn't in on it.

Edit: Oh, I just realized you meant that Piers Morgan knew about hacking?
Yeah. It possible does.
I wonder how that guy who recently accused Piers about it on his show and had Piers immediately threaten him with a lawsuit, is getting on?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hahaha, he's not having a good day

I haven't seen him look this scared before

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1735694670519222369

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is there anywhere on the forums to vent about a toxic mother and he toxic antics?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

PriorMarcus posted:

Is there anywhere on the forums to vent about a toxic mother and he toxic antics?

Probably in E/N

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

It's also ok to vent here, especially if it's UK specific. I got away with offloading a load of toxic mother baggage in this thread, which helped others share their stories too.

:justpost:

Funka
Jan 4, 2006
I moved TO the uk to get away from my poo poo mother. She's dead now. hth

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't promise anyone will have good advice but yeah, if you just want to yell about your lovely relatives I think that's fine here. E/N I think is full of assholes so I maybe wouldn't go there.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

PriorMarcus posted:

E/N Subforum is your best bet.
There's a thread in GBS that has had a few people posting their own stories about their relationships w/ parents.
There's also the UK Chat thread for general chatting poo poo. Myself and a few folk like to vent in there. :3:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Oscarina's a saint!!!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Chubby Henparty posted:

Oscarina's a saint!!!

Well this made me laugh so thank you.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

domhal posted:

Lizonce, surely?

Don't call me Shirley.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Funka posted:

:confuoot:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
My mum abandoned me to fend for myself at the age of 40, she's dead to me.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My mum's dead to everyone :toot:

e: hahaha, check out this oval office:

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1735753305706447184

e2: lol

https://twitter.com/joshua_pieters/status/1735706756771160331

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 15, 2023

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

I found the law and the law won.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I got my mum a VR headset for Christmas so that we can play table tennis together and she's a very nice person and I'm very glad she's around.

But I can see how that would be very different with abusive parents.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

This is possibly the least edifying Keith clip ever produced (apols for twit embed):

https://twitter.com/Hammer_On_X/status/1735711452168691753

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You'd have thought he'd have had something pre-rehearsed for this, given how much he's promoted himself as working class :allears:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The best bit about it is the whole "my dad had a tool factory was a toolmaker so I come from a working-class family".

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Funka posted:

Sounds like she's winning

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

fuctifino posted:

You'd have thought he'd have had something pre-rehearsed for this, given how much he's promoted himself as working class :allears:

I was going to ask "what's the opposite of inspiring?" but, yeah, it's just "soul-crushing" isn't it?

Thankfully, Keith is a such an uninspiring oval office that it basically wraps around, warping slightly in the process, so all that's left is 'relief'. As in: 'thank gently caress I'm not as big a oval office as he is'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kieth is a big inspiration. He inspires me to vote SNP

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Private Speech posted:

I got my mum a VR headset for Christmas so that we can play table tennis together and she's a very nice person and I'm very glad she's around.

My mum never worked out video calls despite 3 years of Covid, despite everyone's best efforts. It's a similar level of frustration to the Bo Burnham song Facetime With My Mom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChgFo74WxZ8

I'd be buying VR headsets for us otherwise, because I think it's lovely that you and your mum do that.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Didn't someone already come up with a pretty solid definition of working class pure yonks ago.

Forget his name now, Karl something.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

keep punching joe posted:

Didn't someone already come up with a pretty solid definition of working class pure yonks ago.

Forget his name now, Karl something.

Ah yeah, Karl Lagerfeld, he said:

"I'm a working-class person, working with class."

Mebh
May 10, 2010

All Keith is inspiring me to do is draw a giant cock on my ballot.

Everyone round here is afraid of the youths and think hoodies are evil so we're hosed.

Problem is I honestly don't think most of the electorate knows who Keir is so he'll pretty much get another chance to reinvent himself when an election starts.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mebh posted:

That'll get counted for Keith

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ataxerxes posted:

I found the law and the law won.

https://youtu.be/c83kDB39plw?si=4WwzDmRdzv3jHmPG the video of Suella that goes with that tweet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

josh04 posted:

This is possibly the least edifying Keith clip ever produced (apols for twit embed):

https://twitter.com/Hammer_On_X/status/1735711452168691753

Reminder to all that direct Twitter embeds are broken (again) because Musk is a moron.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Crisp chat, motherfuckers (courtesy of my friend Andy)

quote:

Jesus Christ, these were an experience. If the Devil were a crisp, this would be he. Note the government warnings on the top right corner of the bag. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this poo poo but these really are not for the faint of heart and I am surprised they can be bought legally in this country. They are saturated satanic red in colour and have so much flavour dust and salt on them I felt approximately one tablespoon of water evaporate from my body with each bite. They are hot as gently caress and left me with a mouth full of thick, poisonous, red saliva that looked and tasted like blood. They literally felt like they were damaging my body as I was eating them. By the time I finished the bag my mouth and fingers were bright red and my entire body shook with uncontrollable sobbing. I reckon if you ate a bag of these each day you would be dead within a week. All this and a subtle twist of lime. 5 out of 5.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Don't know what he expected from the Nazi's crisps

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've eyeballed those a few times at my local corner shop but never had the nerve to try them.
A rare good decision on my part, I think.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

sebzilla posted:

Crisp chat, motherfuckers (courtesy of my friend Andy)

Unsurprising he felt ill. Those are past their sell by date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mebh posted:

Everyone round here is afraid of the youths and think hoodies are evil so we're hosed.

Problem is I honestly don't think most of the electorate knows who Keir is so he'll pretty much get another chance to reinvent himself when an election starts.

That's kind of a double-edged sword, considering Starmer very much appears to be a 'the more the public see of him the less they like him' politician.