Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Because I like watching streamers who're chill, and not having a contentious or toxic relationship with the chatters is usually a pretty good indicator.
I'll recommend HokiHoshi (racing games, primarily Forza), EliminateHQ (EDM producer, memey, held the Crank Dat speedrun world record for a bit), and LetsGameItOut (of youtube fame)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm a big fan of Max Dood. Mostly fighters and Souls-like games. He's fairly chill and is super patient with difficult games and has an amusing relationship with his chat.

He still does Yo'Video Games on the weekends with his usual guys and they typically play beat 'em ups or do retro games. It's relaxing to watch high level game play with a laid back vibe and lots of amusing banter/chat.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Happy Landfill posted:

I have no idea what this is from but I'm delighted

It's the new Red Bull tandem bicycle event Stalen Ros, which is Dutch for 'bicycle' ('steel steed')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06I9G5X7BU

stachatoryR
Aug 9, 2004

FFT posted:

I'll recommend HokiHoshi (racing games, primarily Forza), EliminateHQ (EDM producer, memey, held the Crank Dat speedrun world record for a bit), and LetsGameItOut (of youtube fame)

Josh/LGIO streams infrequently but he is hilarious and the streams are chill as gently caress. There is also an unofficial VOD archive if you're into it: https://youtube.com/@letsgameitoutunofficialtwi9695

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Easy... easy... easy... BUTT SLAM

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's the new Red Bull tandem bicycle event Stalen Ros, which is Dutch for 'bicycle' ('steel steed')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06I9G5X7BU

Oh, this is incredible:allears:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Which is a reboot of or inspired by an old Dutch show called Ter Land, Ter Zee en in de Lucht (By Land, By Sea and in the Air) which started in the 70s (I think?) You also have events where they have to go through water, or over 2 wires, or just launch themselves as far as they can and glide (or a combination thereof) hoping to ring a bell at the end.

One of my favourite things to watch as a kid. It's just everybody having good wholesome fun and being excited.

Taeke has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Dec 16, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I don't play dota but what's a" behavior score boost", is that a legit thing or am I thinking of some equivalent to a gold-farming service where a really friendly slavewage guy plays your account for a few days

Or is there an official "subtract 3 fucks and 4 n-words from my account" microtransaction

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

some shady website posted:

Dota 2 Behaviour Score boost is a process where a professional booster with a mental positive attitude will play on your account to get commends in-game. We only choose boosters who are kind and have patience so you have nothing to worry about your behavior score.

You are literally paying people to be nice on your behalf. Society!

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Imagine being such an uncontrollable rear end in a top hat that you need to pay someone to pretend to be a nice version of you. Like, you recognize on an abstract level that it's possible to not be an rear end in a top hat, and that there are benefits to not being an rear end in a top hat, but you justy can't bring yourself to do it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Wipe Out on bikes, my mom would love it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Its probably not from exactly that but there is/was a dutch show called "Ter land, ter zee en in de lucht" ("By air, sea and skies") where people made these kindss of contraptions to finish a specific course like that. Usually had some gimmick at the end like having to make a vehicle that can go down a ramp, cross some water, and then have the pilot ring a bell tied very high on a platform at the end, or cross a rope bridge and stop at the end of a platform before you tumble into the water. Mostly it was just back to back shadenfraude as cardboard go-carts exploded at first contact with water

If you can stand an hour long of dutch gutterances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUqQKF8ZYM8

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

We had something similar in Norway that I can't for the life of me remember what was called, but you had to pedal a little bike/float down a hill and a jump and try to get it across a small body of water. gently caress me what was it called?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I honestly thought DOTA 2 and Dead or Alive were the same thing. Like it was the second one.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Biplane posted:

We had something similar in Norway that I can't for the life of me remember what was called, but you had to pedal a little bike/float down a hill and a jump and try to get it across a small body of water. gently caress me what was it called?

Ættestup

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Kennel posted:

Ættestup

:lol:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

stachatoryR posted:

Josh/LGIO streams infrequently but he is hilarious and the streams are chill as gently caress. There is also an unofficial VOD archive if you're into it: https://youtube.com/@letsgameitoutunofficialtwi9695

I'll recommend pmcTRILOGY as a good, fun streamer because I can't think of many other streamers that would pause the stream to celebrate Kissinger's death with the chat.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thanks for the recommendations, folks!

PurpleXVI posted:

I'll recommend pmcTRILOGY as a good, fun streamer because I can't think of many other streamers that would pause the stream to celebrate Kissinger's death with the chat.
They're also a fellow goon, so it's not exactly unexpected, and supporting "are troops" seems like a good idea.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Is it someone you'd recommend?

Because I like watching streamers who're chill, and not having a contentious or toxic relationship with the chatters is usually a pretty good indicator.

Baalorlord streams Slay the Spire A20 runs, he knows a lot about the game and his audience knows a lot about the game and so his interactions with the chat are exclusively number crunching nerds number crunching together or everyone laughing as a team when the rng inevitably ratfucks him.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Biplane posted:

Ta Sjansen :)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Oh god thank you

Seriously I was going crazy

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
LobosJr is a fun streamer, does a lot of Souls/soulslike stuff but does other games as well. Friendly community and his mods are good about keeping people in line.

On Giuliani, it's funny AF and I read that he might file for bankruptcy protection which is also funny AF. Because I'm sure that all his finances are above board and to get approved you have to let someone go over your poo poo with a fine-toothed comb. Alex Jones tried that to get out of his 1bn judgement and ended up with InfoWars in receivership.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I guess I'll jump on the streamer rec bandwagon:

Skinnedteen is a very funny and non-toxic one. A lot of good-natured ribbing back and forth with her chat regulars. She plays a lot of weird janky games, retro shooters, horror, etc. Puts a ton of effort into the presentation of her content. And she's in that goon-compatible elder millennial age bracket and grew up in that same early internet culture a lot of us did, so she's just as exasperated about poo poo like Tiktok. (she's been dipping her toes into simultaneously streaming on Tiktok, and has gotten banned or suspended by their dogshit moderator AI so many times it's become a running joke)

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I like how he noticed that the ban was in effect until 1/18 but didn't notice that it was 1/18/2038.

That’s a significant date.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Probably the most significant date a toxic 35 year old Dota 2 streamer will get

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
:siren: :siren: :siren: ABSOLUTE TOP TIER APES HAVE BEEN STOLEN :siren: :siren: :siren:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That's 17 cents they'll never see again.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
These aren''t your bottom shelf apes

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Biplane posted:

Oh god thank you

Seriously I was going crazy

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/ta-sjansen

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Happy Landfill posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: ABSOLUTE TOP TIER APES HAVE BEEN STOLEN :siren: :siren: :siren:

They’re holding them hostage for multiple slurp juices.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"GIVE ME BACK MY APE!!"

- Mel Gibbon, Ransom (1996)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Happy Landfill posted:

woa that’s what top tier ape looks like

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

The completely featureless grey one in the middle is clearly worth at least a few mil

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Fishstick posted:

Its probably not from exactly that but there is/was a dutch show called "Ter land, ter zee en in de lucht" ("By air, sea and skies") where people made these kindss of contraptions to finish a specific course like that. Usually had some gimmick at the end like having to make a vehicle that can go down a ramp, cross some water, and then have the pilot ring a bell tied very high on a platform at the end, or cross a rope bridge and stop at the end of a platform before you tumble into the water. Mostly it was just back to back shadenfraude as cardboard go-carts exploded at first contact with water

If you can stand an hour long of dutch gutterances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUqQKF8ZYM8

This brought back some good memories of watching Junkyard Wars.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Moon Monster posted:

The completely featureless grey one in the middle is clearly worth at least a few mil

It's ape zero

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

steinrokkan posted:

It's ape zero

This is the worst 28 days later sequel goddamnit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bottom Liner posted:

This is the worst 20 ape days later sequel goddamnit

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

That's 17 cents they'll never see again.

Oh no, not the entire 12 cents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Right click, funge as