Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

BRB consuming stupid levels of heavy metals to ensure that if nature kills and eats me nature fucken DIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
There was that poll conducted a couple years ago asking a bunch of Americans if they could win a fight against a list of animals (individually). Something like 8% of men said they thought they could take a fucken lion in a fight. 12% said they could beat a wolf. The 538 politics podcast did a funny episode about it, which amounted to:

1) Are weapons allowed? The question isn't clear but we assume no (but did the respondents assume that?)

2) Cross-tabs were hilarious: women are approximately 4 times smarter than men, as their delusional self-confidence was about 1/4 that of men. (8% of men thought they could take a lion in a fight, while only 2% of women said the same.)

3) 61% of Americans have apparently never encountered a goose, because 61% of Americans said they could win a fight against one.

4) American men are uniquely stupid bold, so the numbers may be skewed toward stupidity bolder numbers.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

By popular demand posted:

BRB consuming stupid levels of heavy metals to ensure that if nature kills and eats me nature fucken DIES

If you get eaten by a tuna or something you could even pass on your legacy to future generations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Come to think of it the 'get massively toxic' evolution strategy worked well for plenty of organisms.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Way ahead of you

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Railing Kill posted:

3) 61% of Americans have apparently never encountered a goose, because 61% of Americans said they could win a fight against one.

Probably more accurate to say that most people don't want to fight a goose and let them win. Anyone really wanting to kill a goose could do it pretty easily once they get their hands on one. They weigh less than 10 pounds and have hollow bones, but no-one wants to be the guy that murdered a goose.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Gromit posted:

Probably more accurate to say that most people don't want to fight a goose and let them win. Anyone really wanting to kill a goose could do it pretty easily once they get their hands on one. They weigh less than 10 pounds and have hollow bones, but no-one wants to be the guy that murdered a goose.

One charged my buddy at the park when we were in high-school and he kicked it in the neck and broke its neck.

I was trying to find a rock to put it out of its misery but my buddy had a vcr(?) In his trunk and used that.

Dave was a wild man, he ate a couple batteries and a spoon once b/c his mom wasn't paying attention to him.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Goose talk (well, scream) a big game but you can just grab them by their long necks and chuck them away from you and they really have no defense for that because they're not that big. Swans on the other hand - you will get injured trying to do that to a swan.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Animals will allways have the advantage because they want to live.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Fumble posted:

I get what youre saying but if there one thing guaranteed to snap me out of my funk it's an unexpected attack, and then I'm overwhelmed by murderous rage.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CuwiKhons posted:

Goons talk (well, scream) a big game but you can just grab them by their long necks and chuck them away from you and they really have no defense for that because they're not that big. Swans on the other hand - you will get injured trying to do that to a swan.

:hmmyes:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
These threads always reveal a disturbingly large amount of people hold a fervent hatred of certain species through no fault of the animal other than it just following its nature. Even invasive species, I wonder who was responsible for bringing them into the wrong environment? Oh yeah us. And if your cat is outside being threatened by coyotes then your cat is also naturally predating everything lower than it in the food chain, just like the coyote wants to do to your cat. If I lived in a place where coyote predation was a risk then I'm not having an outdoor cat.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's ok to fervently hate ants or mosquitoes just for following their nature, I'd say.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Grak: a large animal ate my wife and child

Grogk: it is in their nature!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Butterfly Valley posted:

These threads always reveal a disturbingly large amount of people hold a fervent hatred of certain species through no fault of the animal other than it just following its nature. Even invasive species, I wonder who was responsible for bringing them into the wrong environment? Oh yeah us. And if your cat is outside being threatened by coyotes then your cat is also naturally predating everything lower than it in the food chain, just like the coyote wants to do to your cat. If I lived in a place where coyote predation was a risk then I'm not having an outdoor cat.

If hating horses is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't want to hate horses but the more I've learned about horses the more I hate them

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

The Moon Monster posted:

It's ok to fervently hate ants or mosquitoes just for following their nature, I'd say.

I don't hate them but I do repel or kill them without remorse

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

mind the walrus posted:

I don't want to hate horses but the more I've learned about horses the more I hate them

this except the french

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Yolomon Wayne posted:

the "average human" panics when charged by a chicken, and runs in terror from a swan - and then theres people confident they could easily kill a wolf unarmed.
Just lmao.

i would throw a punch at god almighty but i will not gently caress with a goose

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I'm wandering in backwoods a lot for my new job and there is a lot of evidence of wild boars. I have no idea what I'd do if I actually came across any face to face, but I assume I'd just die.

Rooting:

Boar subway:

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 16, 2023

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

mind the walrus posted:

This, but octopuses and eels. They’re an abomination against nature. Everything about them is wrong.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I'm wandering in backwoods a lot for my new job and there is a lot of evidence of wild boars. I have no idea what I'd do if I actually came across any face to face, but I assume I'd just die.

a single human could take 2-4 boars unarmed, between 8 and 12 with a spear, and 30-50 with an assault rifle.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Fumble posted:

We regret to inform you that humans are animals too.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
e: never mind too cursed to riff on

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My Spirit Otter posted:

a single human could take 2-4 boars unarmed, between 8 and 12 with a spear, and 30-50 with an assault rifle.

Also helps if you got a thermal camera on a drone.

I miss Bushman's stories of hunting hogs on his brother's rice farm in Louisiana.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My Spirit Otter posted:

What does my relationship status have to do with any of this?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Captain Hygiene posted:

What does my relationship status have to do with any of this?

Less to live for

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Killing a wolf unarmed seems easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjMstR7wbU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

I miss Bushman's stories of hunting hogs on his brother's rice farm in Louisiana.

Some of them were almost as believable as a Jake Adelstein Vice Story tho

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

There was that poll conducted a couple years ago asking a bunch of Americans if they could win a fight against a list of animals (individually). Something like 8% of men said they thought they could take a fucken lion in a fight.

I'm a big fan of the one where 8% of men thought they could score a point against Serena Williams in a tennis match. Just outright delusional absurdity

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I mean at some point she's very likely to burst out laughing at my pathetic performance, thereby giving me the chance to score a single point!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I'm sure I could score a point on her if she's doubled over from laughing at my absolute incompetence. And then of course she'll serve a ball clean through my skull, etc

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I remember the video of squeals and bubbling from when he got his boar spear. It's so efficient to stab 'em and drown 'em in one motion, but drat what a way to go. If you're not an 200 lb invasive beast, that is.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
CIA Dog Training seems relevant here.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

One charged my buddy at the park when we were in high-school and he kicked it in the neck and broke its neck.

I was trying to find a rock to put it out of its misery but my buddy had a vcr(?) In his trunk and used that.

Dave was a wild man, he ate a couple batteries and a spoon once b/c his mom wasn't paying attention to him.

nice what federal penitentiary is he currently locked up in?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Waffle! posted:

I remember the video of squeals and bubbling from when he got his boar spear. It's so efficient to stab 'em and drown 'em in one motion, but drat what a way to go. If you're not an 200 lb invasive beast, that is.

Yeah it was definitely hosed up on some level but I gotta respect the fact that he at least picked the most dangerous option short of trying to hunt them unarmed or with a knife or something

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

Coyotes can't climb tho. Theres a big difference in that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Well, *a* coyote can climb, but coyotes (plural) can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Coyotes are loving assholes that will jump over your 6 foot wall to attack your dog that's outside taking a pee in the safety and comfort of its own back yard. That's not even to mention that they deserve no clemency for what they've done to that roadrunner