Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

fawning deference posted:

Unfathomable as to why, instead of generating genuine heat and hype for a match, The Firm was brought up in a fuckin promo. "Remember that worthless lovely angle that everyone thankfully forgot? Yeah good job with THAT" is legitimately an insane thing to say on a TV show that is floundering and trying to win back viewers, and it's a clear example of "when going meta goes wrong." You're now letting everyone know that The Firm is "an angle" and highlighting the fakeness of everything, which, yes we know this is all TV but the point of what makes wrestling good is for it to FEEL real so we suspend disbelief and get caught up in the drama. That's the whole point

:russo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
At New Blood Rising, something unthinkable happened: Goldberg refused to follow the script.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the elite and punk are in a race to kill aew

sad but true, no wonder Hanger keeps distancing himself from them

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I appreciate Jericho is giving off an early alert warning system on folks he wants to feud with and drain the clout from. If you see newsletters start publicizing how Jericho can't wait to "work with you," do everything you can to get yourself in another feud/occupied ASAP. Swerve has been smart enough to avoid him so far but now Jericho is openly calling for the feud and determined to kill that momentum.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jericho and britt have spent the last year holding everyone down :(

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

When can we blame the wrestlers who work programs with Jericho for not getting over?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Of all the acts associated with Jericho, I think the one that got over the most is Hager's Hat (it's a good worker)

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Jericho's promo was so rotten that it's caused an Always Bad anomaly without him leaving back to the fed. Bravo "Demo-God Painbringer Piss Plane Fozzy" Jericho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1735779104643858472

That ain't great.

Wonder if he had a feeling on Wednesday he was out for a while. Probably not, since I doubt he willingly advertised a match he knew he wouldn't be able to wrestle in, so maybe he just physically felt like complete poo poo during the segment!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1735779104643858472

That ain't great.

Wonder if he had a feeling on Wednesday he was out for a while. Probably not, since I doubt he willingly advertised a match he knew he wouldn't be able to wrestle in, so maybe he just physically felt like complete poo poo during the segment!

drat, i didn't think the promo was that bad.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Oh no, now Jericho has to come out and cut another promo about this while selecting a new victim

get well soon Kenny

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Kenny clearly didn't want to be on TV for the segment where Vince walks into Jacksonville and announces AEW's been FIIIIIIIRRRRRREDDDD from WBD

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Diverticulitis is a nightmare. My dad had it at one point. Get well Kenny.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Kenny clearly didn't want to be on TV for the segment where Vince walks into Jacksonville and announces AEW's been FIIIIIIIRRRRRREDDDD from WBD

But what if Shane buys AEW instead?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Most Power Alex posted:

But what if Shane buys AEW instead?

Shane will actually die during Texas Death

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
ROH spoiler

Men of the Year are back, the Khanverse is saved.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

lol

Unfathomable as to why, instead of generating genuine heat and hype for a match, The Firm was brought up in a fuckin promo. "Remember that worthless lovely angle that everyone thankfully forgot? Yeah good job with THAT" is legitimately an insane thing to say on a TV show that is floundering and trying to win back viewers, and it's a clear example of "when going meta goes wrong." You're now letting everyone know that The Firm is "an angle" and highlighting the fakeness of everything, which, yes we know this is all TV but the point of what makes wrestling good is for it to FEEL real so we suspend disbelief and get caught up in the drama. That's the whole point

That whole segment was late stage WCW, but especially that part.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Aew Slaps

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro posted:

Aew Slaps

fans of real wrestling in the face

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat... you're unironically saying that? I Love that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Good thing you're not on twitter, tones

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

escape artist posted:

Diverticulitis is a nightmare. My dad had it at one point. Get well Kenny.

I suffered from it recently and the pain was obliterating. I legit thought I was going to die. Get well soon Kenny

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

That honestly reads like a guy who can't take criticism honestly and it checks out because all he's done is double down on his ideas and constantly talk about how great and perfect and amazing everything is in AEW

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

That honestly reads like a guy who can't take criticism honestly and it checks out because all he's done is double down on his ideas and constantly talk about how great and perfect and amazing everything is in AEW

I mean, I get that to a certain extent; you want the company to have a positive public image and you want to hype your product as much as possible to build interest in it

That being said, TK complaining about Twitter trolls isn't really achieving either goal

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I'd like to think if i was a billionaire i would not give a gently caress what other people say about me or my vanity wrestling company. But i probably would be passive aggressive too cause in the end i'm only human.

I'd definitely be less online and off twitter, though.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yeah, if i had the financial resources to follow through on every bad idea i ever had while on mind altering substances and then put it out on national tv, id definitely stay off the internet, but im a big baby without a pile of invigorating cocaine

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He didn't say anything wrong. People have been moving the goalposts on AEW since day 1 and trying to take every success it's had and turn it into a failure.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if i were tony, the second i realized how loving stupid wrestling fans were i would do literally anything else with my life and money

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

MJeff posted:

He didn't say anything wrong. People have been moving the goalposts on AEW since day 1 and trying to take every success it's had and turn it into a failure.

Everything he said is true, but if he's easily baited by a loud but very minor group, then it's never gonna stop and on occasion he'll come off unhinged.

I think he's spread himself out so thin he can't see or realize it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MJeff posted:

True, but as others have said, the solution to that is for TK to just count his billions and not get worked up over what Twitter randos think

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seems kinda hypocritical to celebrate Poster Tony when the show is good but tsk tsk him when the show stinks, I dunno. I don't care about Khan's twitter habits, if I were a billionaire, I'd probably still get into pointless fights on twitter all the time because who the gently caress's gonna stop me, I'm a billionaire. I just want him to stop giving a loser fedpilled theater kid so much power over his show.

Like, if we're talking about pro wrestling social media, non-women, non-LGBT people, Khan might have the highest amount of heinous personal attacks and outright misinformation and total horseshit lies said about or to him of anybody in the space, I feel like he has a right to be a little annoyed about it.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 16, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I celebrate Poster Tony when he's absolutely roasting people

Not so much when he's whining

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He’s a promoter so he’s obviously going to say things are amazing but we’ve seen quite a bit of pivoting from peoples ideas lately.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Again, the solution is for TK to just not give a poo poo what people say about him. He has no control over it, it doesn't matter what he does, the haters are gonna hate regardless, so why get upset over it? It's not worth expending time or energy being concerned about, and all engaging or acknowledging the haters does is encourage them, because now they know what buttons to press. TK honestly comes off worse when he complains about them than he would if he just ignored them.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Did you watch the scrum or just read the quote? I’m no TK defender but it wasn’t like he was super gotten to. Mark briscoe acknowledged the toxicity of Twitter and how much it sucks to read that poo poo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Twitter is bad for the brain. Might delete that shiet