Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

I appreciate Jericho is giving off an early alert warning system on folks he wants to feud with and drain the clout from. If you see newsletters start publicizing how Jericho can't wait to "work with you," do everything you can to get yourself in another feud/occupied ASAP. Swerve has been smart enough to avoid him so far but now Jericho is openly calling for the feud and determined to kill that momentum.

The pro of AEW dying soon: if it didn't, he'd be able to keep doing this until 2028

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1730643753776398763

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
2027??? gently caress me running lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony: "Love the fans, gently caress the haters"

drat this guy cares way too much about other people's opinions

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The pro of AEW dying soon: if it didn't, he'd be able to keep doing this until 2028

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1730643753776398763

at least aew will be around for a few more years then

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW losing TV won't kill it. Tony has the money to just drag all his toys from bingo hall to high school gym until the contracts end.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 16, 2023

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Twitter is bad for the brain. Might delete that shiet

I'm extremely thankful for the wrestler Twitter and bad internet take threads cause I've dropped social media about a year ago but still enjoy choice pieces of it in a contain environment.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If AEW loses Turner, somebody else will pay for them. As per usual, ignore everything out of CJ2's mouth.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

yea ok posted:

Did you watch the scrum or just read the quote? I’m no TK defender but it wasn’t like he was super gotten to. Mark briscoe acknowledged the toxicity of Twitter and how much it sucks to read that poo poo too

I only watch AEW media scrums that instigate backstage brawls

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I only watch AEW media scrums where the audio is pitched down

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW losing TV won't kill it. Tony has the money to just drag all his toys from bingo hall to high school gym until the contacts end.

it would probably kill it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it would probably kill it

Nah, it'd become TNA.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Got to say it's pretty poor form for a product that struggles to find an audience with women just have a bit like this happen during a match. https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1735867747882410238?t=Yqpn9Va-QvOInMFlyOcwVw&s=19

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

Got to say it's pretty poor form for a product that struggles to find an audience with women just have a bit like this happen during a match. https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1735867747882410238?t=Yqpn9Va-QvOInMFlyOcwVw&s=19

:jerkbag:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
AEW is gonna be fine.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

This still isn't supposed to be a honey pot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Uncle Dax continues to be the only wrestler who can actually work people.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ROH haters can and should be held accountable

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
ROH/AEW are basically the same thing at this point, the titles feature on both shows. I'm all for working the crowd but actually having the cameras focus on what is a face bothering a woman in the crowd seems bad to me. This is a company where it feels like you've got to twist Tony Khan's arm just to get one women's match on Dynamite.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

ROH/AEW are basically the same thing at this point, the titles feature on both shows. I'm all for working the crowd but actually having the cameras focus on what is a face bothering a woman in the crowd seems bad to me. This is a company where it feels like you've got to twist Tony Khan's arm just to get one women's match on Dynamite.

There were 4 women's matches on final battle including the 25 minute main event and 2-3 per week on honorclub. we're not all tarred with your cringe brush

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

ROH watchers can and should be held accountable

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Le Saboteur posted:

It was a silly moment where a wrestler went and played to someone in the crowd. Not to mention she seemed to laugh about it almost immediately

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

ROH watchers can and should be held accountable

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I thought the "women's wrestling" chant during the main event was incredibly patronizing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW would 100% have interested parties if Warner parted with them (which I don't think is happening at all, for the record)

It would look lovely short term, but there's no shortage of stations that would love any increase in ratings or younger viewers.

Coming soon to Nick at Nite.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

AEW would 100% have interested parties if Warner parted with them (which I don't think is happening at all, for the record)

It would look lovely short term, but there's no shortage of stations that would love any increase in ratings or younger viewers.

Coming soon to Nick at Nite.

Alex pulls some strings, Pentagon is the first QVC TV champion

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1736023778381976017?s=20

this feels like there’s bad news on the way lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
We will know if Bryan Danielson starts posting more quotes about tough times

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

fans of real wrestling in the face

How was Smackdown?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
If you want to argue that AEW sucks and is dying, sure. But nobody's going to look me in the eyes and pretend that WWE programming is good wrestling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[looks you dead in the eyes on here, and pretendly says] it's not just good wrestling. it's the

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm torn between the fact that this is a CM Punk gang tag and the fact that I'm literally the only one who has it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

from now on it only stands for zimbomonkey

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I did and I'm much happier for it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don’t you dare you Anglo gently caress

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Le Saboteur posted:

Counterpoint: get off the phone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

Counterpoint: get off the phone.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dax innocent

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Dax innocent

He waved a gun at that woman

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Collision: two womens matches

Company: saved

Punk: defeated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
when miro was making references to his wife I was kind of excited because I thought she was a good manager to the Ruusev character when she was introduced but nothing cooled me off like the CJ Perry we get being the same bizarre "my wife is with another man" angles that miro and cj perry had at the end of their WWE careers