Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

If I was hamas I would just hide my atrocity tools in a box labeled "decent music"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
stashing 3 bullets at a time in plastic baggies in every hole I can find

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You cannot "hide" anything in an incubator

An incubator is designed to be see-through

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

You cannot "hide" anything in an incubator

An incubator is designed to be see-through
Plenty of deadly things are colorless and transparent

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Crazypoops posted:

Every single object is a secret Hamas weapon stash

IDF should start cutting each other open to make sure they aren't secret hamas weapon stashes

Why do you think they shot those... no, no, even I won't go that far

But the IDF will

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

rip to a real one. collapsed when telling the truth about akp and israel
Opposition MP who collapsed in Turkish Parliament dies at age 53

www.turkishminute.com posted:

Felicity Party deputy Hasan Bitmez (C) delivers a speech in the Turkish Parliament before collapsing at the podium in Ankara on December 12, 2023. (Photo by Adem ALTAN / AFP)

A lawmaker from Turkey’s Islamist Felicity Party (SP) who collapsed on the parliament floor on Tuesday after criticizing the Turkish government’s policy on the Israeli war against Palestinians has passed away at the age of 53, the SP announced.

The party made the announcement about lawmaker Hasan Bitmez’s death on  X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday. Bitmez was also the SP’s deputy chairman. He had been in intensive care at an Ankara hospital since Tuesday, after he collapsed and received CPR in parliament because his heart had stopped.

BAŞIMIZ SAĞ OLSUN!

Genel Başkan Yardımcımız ve Kocaeli Milletvekilimiz Hasan Bitmez, Hakk'a yürümüştür. Kendisine Allah’tan rahmet; ailesine, camiamıza ve aziz milletimize başsağlığı diliyoruz. pic.twitter.com/hPjaLmt28V

— Saadet Partisi (@SaadetPartisi) December 14, 2023

Bitmez collapsed at the podium after delivering a fervent speech in which he criticized Israel’s ongoing war on Gaza and the Turkish government’s alleged support for Israel.

He accused the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government of having “endless love for Israel” and contributing to “every bomb dropped by Israel.”

He also accused Israel of “crimes against humanity” and “ethnic cleansing” of Palestinians before collapsing at the end of his speech.

Israeli media outlets such as The Jerusalem Post, Ynetnews and The Times of Israel reported extensively on Bitmez’s remarks about Israel and his condition.

An Israeli Foreign Ministry official, Emmanuel Nahshon, the deputy director general for public diplomacy, commented about Bitmez’s condition on X with a tweet in Turkish.

İsrail'den nefret etmek sigara içmek gibidir; bağımlılık yapar ama sağlığınız için gerçekten kötüdür… 🇹🇷🇮🇱😊 https://t.co/weXZcnzr5o

— Emmanuel Nahshon (@EmmanuelNahshon) December 12, 2023

Nahshon, who posted a video of Bitmez’s anti-Israel speech and his collapse, said hating Israel is like smoking, it is addictive and bad for one’s health.

The official X account of the State of Israel liked Nahshon’s tweet, leading to criticism among some social media users.

Some lawmakers from the AKP also blamed Bitmez’s condition on his speech and “God’s wrath,” according to minutes of the parliamentary session reported by the BBC, due to his accusations aimed at the AKP.

After Palestinian militant organization Hamas launched attacks on southern Israel from the Palestinian enclave of Gaza on October 7 that killed 1,200 people and resulted in the taking of 240 hostages, Israel retaliated by pounding Gaza, leading to more than 18,000 casualties.

Although President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan uses strong rhetoric against Israel, accusing it of committing war crimes in Gaza, his government is criticized for not cutting off diplomatic and commercial relations with Israel.

An investigation by Turkish journalist Metin Cihan has recently revealed that business between Turkish companies and Israel continues as usual despite Ankara’s harsh rhetoric towards Israel.

Cihan shares the results of his investigation on X, citing data from open sources.

The SP is one of the strongest supporters of the Palestinian cause in Turkey.

Bitmez was elected to parliament from the SP in the May general election. An official funeral ceremony was held for him in the Turkish Parliament on Thursday. He will be laid to rest in İstanbul following prayers at the Fatih Mosque on Friday.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Phobos Anomaly posted:

Was my favorite IM album.

becoming insane is a song written for people who would think they are the good guys in a genocide while shooting at what is clearly hostages and finding five bullets in an incubator

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

More Loony Tunes Hamas weapons stashes, except It's less funny and more horrifying considering what this is being used to justify.

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1736119519112794313?t=PgImEIlxRREt-S66eYiGMQ&s=19

Someone who's good at logistics, tell me - is it generally a good idea to scatter your military equipment across every building in the city in tiny amounts, hidden in incubators, teddy bears and underneath beds? Can't help but feel like this would be incredibly inefficent and pointless.

So all of those video games where you found random rear end poo poo that was useful to you, in strange places where it should never have been? Completely realistic.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

OctaMurk posted:

anyone who bellieves this poo poo without being paid for it is so loving stupid that they're beyond salvation

I don't think stupidity is a moral failing.

mawarannahr posted:

rip to a real one. collapsed when telling the truth about akp and israel
Opposition MP who collapsed in Turkish Parliament dies at age 53

Can't believe they have given Turkey access to the heart attack gun.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

It wouldn't surprise me if they've released this 'weapon stash in an incubator' nonsense to try to google bomb anyone searching for the other recent story about Israelis and what they're doing with Palestinian incubators.

I know 'look, we have to destroy the hospitals, the enemy is hiding in them!' has been a common story already, but specifically calling out the NICU and incubators is new.

If they were at all capable of effective propaganda I'd be more uncertain, because it's coming so late relative to the act I think they're trying to cover up, but Israel is so loving bad at predicting what normal people will find horrifying that all their propaganda seems to be reactive instead of proactive.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
The sheer gravity of the evil on display has convinced me that either "Hamas is good actually" or at the very least, "Hamas is less bad than their opposition."

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Zoeb posted:

The sheer gravity of the evil on display has convinced me that either "Hamas is good actually" or at the very least, "Hamas is less bad than their opposition."

More and more, everywhere I go, many are saying this

https://x.com/nypost/status/1736083154442551629?s=20

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Egg Moron posted:

it’s true

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mawarannahr posted:

Like farts and IDF breath, but I repeat myself.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Egg Moron posted:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Seattle march picked up a whole other march's worth of people by the time we ended this week. :3: Free Palestine.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

haha

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Egg Moron posted:

The future is in good hands. Anymore when old people around me complain about whatever trend among the young folk I just assume it's something we don't understand or have some weird hangups about.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

I put AIDS in the incubator :evilbuddy:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Poppers posted:

I put AIDS in the incubator :evilbuddy:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hitler 2 really going wild right now

======

‎Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu:

‎- Hamas has many conditions, including stopping the war

‎- We will not allow the return of the Oslo Treaty mistake

‎- The Palestinian Authority still refuses to condemn what happened on October 7th

‎The Gaza Strip will be under Israeli security control

‎- There is a difference of opinion with the American side, and I told them that the Palestinians cannot have complete sovereignty, and I will not change my position

https://x.com/ajmubasher/status/1736115457336176815?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

i am really glad that the israelis have proved that Hamas was right all along about them

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 03:49 on Dec 17, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm very tired of libs using the "it can't be a genocide if the Palestinian population has been growing" statement.

Legitimate question: how many Palestinians have died since 1948 in total? Cause I'm sure it's not tiny.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

They trained at the first person shooter school of logistics

hamas hid an entire roast turkey in this trash can which can recover all their health!

crafty!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The Demilich posted:

I'm very tired of libs using the "it can't be a genocide if the Palestinian population has been growing" statement.

Legitimate question: how many Palestinians have died since 1948 in total? Cause I'm sure it's not tiny.

this is such a disgusting line of argument it's almost not worth engaging in.

as a simple matter of population demographic science, total fertility rate goes up in the kind of conditions present in Gaza. that doesn't mean that there's not a stated intent and a drat earnest effort.

it's basically like saying "attempted murder? I only winged them and they're healing up fine!"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The Demilich posted:

they're right. it's not genocide, it's just ethnic cleansing accompanied by mass murder. very important to make the distinction because you wouldn't want to get the two confused

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Al-Saqr posted:

‎The Gaza Strip will be under Israeli security control

i mean...will it?

🔻🔻🔻

Israel, surrender and stop the bloodshed.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Demilich posted:

Wait, this is an actual argument? Ugh

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yes its constant, seems to be a hasbara marching order

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.ft.com/content/2e299603-2fed-4855-9694-9801008c48dc
Two were killed immediately and the third died as he ran for cover while calling for help in Hebrew. A military official said that during the shooting the local commander issued a cease fire order that the soldiers did not obey.
Their bodies were only examined because one of the hostages had a “western appearance,” the Ynet media outlet reported, leading to the realisation that the dead men were hostages. Haim, 28, had pale skin and ginger hair.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Richie Torres says it constantly and it's usually followed with a :smugdog: face

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
my ipod nano is also chambered in 5.45

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I was going to make a "do they give the Nobel Prize for attempted genocide" joke but they have on multiple occasions

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Zoeb posted:

I'm with the latter. It's horrible that they killed those civilians on 10/7 but overall they've killed fewer civilians, both proportionally and in absolute numbers, than the IDF. They are the more moral force.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yes its constant, seems to be a hasbara marching order

They like to post the populations between 1948 and 2013 (?) of how many jews were in middle eastern countries and then post the Palestinian population numbers and go GENOCIDE? I DONT THINK SO BUCKO.

It's such disingenuous poo poo. Like they are so bad at it.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
im simultaneously surprised and not surprised by baby incubator propaganda

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

well the Ukrainian population just kept right on increasing so what about the Holodo-*gets shot*

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

A military official said that during the shooting the local commander issued a cease fire order that the soldiers did not obey.

lol of course he did, no reason not to believe that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Real Mean Queen posted:

Yesterday it was all "well they have to shoot everybody because what if they have a bomb vest, that happens all the time," then it turns out they didn't even have shirts so now it's a different thing

It should go without saying, but Palestinians haven't been desperate enough to attempt suicide attacks like this since the 2nd Intifada. Hamas has their own manufacturing base in Gaza. They have RPGs, mortars, short range rocket artillery, grenades, IEDs; they've got no shortage of options that don't require a waste of manpower. All the Hasbarites can do is move on from one desperate lie to the next.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1736026387666932061?s=20

I'm getting real sick of this dumbass soy country and the way it coddles its entire military, even when it comes to soldiers who summarily executed Israelis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
ach the wee bairns 'avin a shoot and a cry