Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

But yes, his best teammates appear to be Bronya and Yukong. Thankfully, I've invested heavily in both. With his current gear, he gets 95/255 crit with all buffs. He's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Bad Video Games posted:

It's much easier to find 20-30% crit rate in substats than it is to find 60% damage. He good.

If I'm that worried about it, I could just farm Celestial Differentiator instead. We'll see how he performs in the new mode.

Crit Damage modifiers are roughly twice the size of Crit Rate modifiers on relics, so 30% crit rate and 60% crit damage are the same difficulty to gear. Of course, if you're already hitting 95% critical chance in actual play, any further Crit Rate isn't very valuable.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Yukong takes too much thinking and pay attention to turn order

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Yukong takes too much thinking and pay attention to turn order

Turn 1: Roaring Bowstrings, Bronya Skill, Argenti Skill, Luocha Basic

Turn 2: Yukong Basic, Bronya Skill, Argenti Skill, Luocha Basic

Repeat. Ult when available.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started looking harder at the achievements.

holy hell am i missing a ton of hidden achievements

https://stardb.gg/en/achievement-tracker

I only got like 403 and though I was pretty good, and then I see this its like omg. 529 on this tracker and i'm not sure if its even up to date

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait there's an hidden achievement for having 1 billion credit? Lmao that's going to be impossible for anyone to ever achieve

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

its 100million, not a billion.
i'm already at 12million atm, so its not that far out

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's impossible to get every hidden achievement. Some of them rely on binary choices.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for instance the hidden achievements for picking male protag specific and female protag specific dialog options are actually different, so

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Video Games posted:

It's impossible to get every hidden achievement. Some of them rely on binary choices.

I wonder how achievement brain-poisoned people feel about that - are they mad because they can't have everything or is it fine because they're hidden?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

I wonder how achievement brain-poisoned people feel about that - are they mad because they can't have everything or is it fine because they're hidden?

Probably have 4 accounts so they can do everything.

Like, revealing the identity of the Mara struck lover in Bailu's quest is 1 achievement, hiding her identity is another. You can't replay it, so the only way to get both is on separate accounts.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Praise RNJesus! Finally got a Rutilant Ice Sphere to drop! My Jingliu about to go Super-Saiyan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bad Video Games posted:

Looking at Dr. Ratio's kit here:

https://www.gameleap.com/guides/honkai-star-rail-dr-ratio-kit-skills-materials-and-banner

He has a 40% chance to launch a follow-up after using his skill. This increases by 20% for each debuff the target has. So his bis support is probably Silver Wolf. With both of their techniques active and SW having Revolution Shines, his follow-up is guaranteed. Welt also provides 3 debuffs, between his Technique, Talent, and Ult.

Other good supports are Pela, Guinaifen, Luka, Sampo, and Serval. Each provides 2 debuffs.

I'm sure I missed some characters.

It sounds like he only needs 2 debuffs to hit 100%, which is pretty easy. You can presumably even get them from certain LCs.

The one issue is that it sounds like he wouldn't slot into an all-followup team that well, since I don't think any of Topaz/Clara/Jing Yuan do much in the way of debuffs outside of their break effects.

Maybe you'd do something like Topaz, Ratio, healer/shielder, and someone like Silverwolf who can single-handedly output multiple debuffs? Don't think any of the healers/shielders can do debuffs, unfortunately, unless you're freezing stuff with Gepard.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

As an achievement brain-poisoned person, it's basically just one achievement with 2 different names based on your dialog choices, and the tracker I'm using accounts for mutually exclusive ones, so my feelings are "eh, whatever"

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

GateOfD posted:

its 100million, not a billion.
i'm already at 12million atm, so its not that far out

Earning credits is the easiest part. Saving it up is the impossible part. It means that you'll have to stop leveling your character, LC, putting in traces, and upgrading your relics for quite a while.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ytlaya posted:

It sounds like he only needs 2 debuffs to hit 100%, which is pretty easy.

3. He starts at 40%, each debuff is 20%, you need 3 to reach 100%.

quote:

The one issue is that it sounds like he wouldn't slot into an all-followup team that well

I mean technically Topaz/Ratio/Kafka is an all-follow up team that each applies at least 1 debuff [Reminder that Topaz marks people to take more follow up damage, which is a debuff]. You are losing out on a lot of Kafka's dot damage though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Topaz + her LC is two debuffs!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Ryanbomber posted:

As an achievement brain-poisoned person, it's basically just one achievement with 2 different names based on your dialog choices, and the tracker I'm using accounts for mutually exclusive ones, so my feelings are "eh, whatever"

What tracker do you use? I’m curious if I’m missing anything easy/not obvious on my list.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mulva posted:

3. He starts at 40%, each debuff is 20%, you need 3 to reach 100%.

Someone mentioned that he provides one, which would mean only 2 needed from other party members (if that's accurate).

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

qbert posted:

What tracker do you use? I’m curious if I’m missing anything easy/not obvious on my list.

I use https://starrailstation.com/en for both the pull tracker and its achievement tracker

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Topaz + her LC is two debuffs!

A shame LC banner doesn't exist. Alas.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Unrelated to anything, I don't like Bronya and Hanya together. Skill point management becomes a thing that defeats the purpose of Hanya.

Ytlaya posted:

Someone mentioned that he provides one, which would mean only 2 needed from other party members (if that's accurate).

He actually provides 2. His Technique is one and his ult is another. But he can't reapply his tech, and his ult is only 2 actions.

Mulva posted:

I mean technically Topaz/Ratio/Kafka is an all-follow up team that each applies at least 1 debuff [Reminder that Topaz marks people to take more follow up damage, which is a debuff]. You are losing out on a lot of Kafka's dot damage though.

This is basically the team I run now, only with Clara instead of Ratio. It works great, and they are very fast.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Ryanbomber posted:

I use https://starrailstation.com/en for both the pull tracker and its achievement tracker

Oh that's perfect. I've already been using that for the pull tracker and just never looked at any other features it offered.

Edit: Is there any way to import my Achievement data or do I have to manually check the ones I've completed?

qbert fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 16, 2023

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Bad Video Games posted:

He actually provides 2. His Technique is one and his ult is another. But he can't reapply his tech, and his ult is only 2 actions.

I think his ultimate is an effect, not a debuff. It's his skill that applies the other, a -eff res debuff.

He is someone whose debuffs are secondary to his kit though, have a 100% base chance to land but you wouldn't be deliberately targetting to put effect hit rate on.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

Unrelated to anything, I don't like Bronya and Hanya together. Skill point management becomes a thing that defeats the purpose of Hanya.

what does this even mean

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

qbert posted:

Oh that's perfect. I've already been using that for the pull tracker and just never looked at any other features it offered.

Edit: Is there any way to import my Achievement data or do I have to manually check the ones I've completed?

Not that I can see, unfortunately :( They at least have the same order, so it's just a bit of tedious list-scrolling

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

what does this even mean

It means it takes more brain power using Bronya instead of Asta or Pela, and I often run out of sp due to inattention.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
But the actual point of Hanya is to feed hungry SP teams like DHIL or Bronya...

Now I'm confused is this just a bit

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eej posted:

Hanya's only +1 per turn, so if you were doing Bronya (without her LC) and a skill-hungry carry and, say, Huohuo, I could see you still having issues.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

It means that a rotation of Hanya skill into Bronya skill into dps skill only leaves you 1 skill point. If your sustain needs to use a skill point, like March or Fu Xuan or Huo Huo, then Hanya has to use her basic attack. If there's only 1 enemy on the field, you lose Hanya's buff before your dps can go again. It's not an insurmountable problem, but it is one that can cause sp management issues.

Edit: This rotation works fine with QQ e6 because she refunds a skill point and gets Hanya's bonus. But Pebbles is broken. Also, this rotation issue applies to any support whose skill doesn't proc an attack.

Asta is good with Hanya. She can use her skill every turn and leave Hanya's buff for your dps. Both are decent supports for Kafka as well, since both boost attack.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 17, 2023

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Boss-genti is becoming easy to clown on. Yukong/Bronya/Luocha/Argenti is an awesome team. I managed to unlock his final ascension, and the damage upgrade from that alone makes a huge difference. I'm seeing 600k on his max ult. 4 ults is enough to put his boss form down. I can't wait for that to get patched properly.

coolusername posted:

I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Looks good!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have a fairly specific question, but it kind of would apply to other characters. My Argenti is lvl 73/80, crit ratio 61/133, traces lvl 8 ult, 7 skill, 6 talent (missing the lvl 75 and 80 talents). He is using my Seele’s relic set 4pc Genius and 2 piece Rutilent.

There is obviously a lot wrong here but I’m not sure where the most efficient place to put my stamina is. I’ve heard although Genius is the wrong set that the 4pc bonus is at least somewhat beneficial over putting in random pieces. My relic situation overall could be better, with Topaz having my best pieces (Duke set + Salsetto), otherwise a Musketeer set with decent pieces but not as good as my Genius set and then a couple healing sets and some ok but not great pieces spread across my supports. I still haven’t found any good Crit dmg piece so rely on high crit damage substat rolls and use crit rate piece instead.

Would it benefit me to enter relic grind hell and get him a 4pc physical set? Or should I level him so I can get his lvl 75 and 80 traces? Or the parallel hell of planetary grinding to get him a good Salsetto setup? I have a decent atk rope but Topaz is using it, and my only physical dmg sphere is Rutilent (though I do have an atk Salsetto sphere). I know all of that wants to be done but what offers the most noticeable performance increase for him?

Overall I just have no idea what the best route is to finish building him. And it’s kind of a trend where I get a character around here and then throw poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. Usually I go lvl 80, lvl 8 talents as well as the lvl 75 and 80 talents and then move on, but especially after the bp is just currency (stamina rewards used up) my stamina is a lot more precious and I’d like to use it well especially for getting Argenti as strong as possible. And I still need to build Hanya for him (I’ve been running Argenti, Tingyun, Huohuo and flex but usually Topaz since she is my best built and seems to offer good additional damage even if offering nothing to Argenti).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So for Argenti's max damage phys 4pc is your long term goal but either 4pc musketeer or 2pc2pc is a decent place to settle if you have no other physical chars or don't plan to build break Wolfie, Ruan Mei or Xueyi and thus the break set has no value for you. As for Salsotto on Argenti, you can use Rutilant on him and it's not that much worse. Or Glammoth. Planar set is a lot more flexible now that there are three strong options. So just farm the world that has the most utility. I'd say finish off his traces to 8 first, and then work on artifacts, whatever route you go. And like if you get main set paralysis, musketeer can be used on literally on every character so you can farm nothing but cowboy til the end of the game and you'll have a set that's pretty good on every character.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Traces over relics is the general rule. Genius set is fine on any damage dealer, and Rutilant isn't even bad for him. Between the two Rutilant is probably higher priority to replace imo

Personally I'm also kinda wary about farming the physical set for him because I feel like they're going to introduce a new relic set that will boost ultimates or something in the near future, like how they put in the FUA and DOT-specific relics last patch.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I was wondering if some new set might end up being better too, since the physical set doesn’t really seem perfectly well catered to him. I am hoping to get Xueyi but will need to see how my 4 star luck goes (it was good this patch so expecting a dry spell) - I’ll just hold off on phys set farming for now.

Appreciate the help from both of you - thanks!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

There are no known 4-piece relic sets coming down the pipeline, so the next set should be like 3-4 patches away at a minimum.

In general for relics, I'd focus more on having good stats than having the perfect set if you're still in the building up phase of your account, which it sounds like you are. Having even a totally mismatched set of relics with the right main stats that gained useful substats 4+ times are going to do more for you than a matched set of relics with terrible stats on them. There is a real difference between having a set bonus that works well with the character and having one that doesn't do anything (or just not having set bonuses), but that difference isn't as big as the one between having good stats and lovely stats.

You can start farming for the right relic set with the right stats once you're not trying to figure out whether to spend stamina between levels, traces, and relics.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

I hope they're having convulsions, seek treatment and finally learn they can't have everything in life at the same time.

Achievements on the whole (unless they offer an actual tangible reward) are for broke-brains. Disable those notifications and never look back.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I find the hidden ones charming, the rewards are so minuscule I don’t bother looking them up and stumbling into punny little ones during natural gameplay is a fun touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

rio posted:

I have a fairly specific question, but it kind of would apply to other characters. My Argenti is lvl 73/80, crit ratio 61/133, traces lvl 8 ult, 7 skill, 6 talent (missing the lvl 75 and 80 talents). He is using my Seele’s relic set 4pc Genius and 2 piece Rutilent.

There is obviously a lot wrong here but I’m not sure where the most efficient place to put my stamina is. I’ve heard although Genius is the wrong set that the 4pc bonus is at least somewhat beneficial over putting in random pieces. My relic situation overall could be better, with Topaz having my best pieces (Duke set + Salsetto), otherwise a Musketeer set with decent pieces but not as good as my Genius set and then a couple healing sets and some ok but not great pieces spread across my supports. I still haven’t found any good Crit dmg piece so rely on high crit damage substat rolls and use crit rate piece instead.

Would it benefit me to enter relic grind hell and get him a 4pc physical set? Or should I level him so I can get his lvl 75 and 80 traces? Or the parallel hell of planetary grinding to get him a good Salsetto setup? I have a decent atk rope but Topaz is using it, and my only physical dmg sphere is Rutilent (though I do have an atk Salsetto sphere). I know all of that wants to be done but what offers the most noticeable performance increase for him?

Overall I just have no idea what the best route is to finish building him. And it’s kind of a trend where I get a character around here and then throw poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. Usually I go lvl 80, lvl 8 talents as well as the lvl 75 and 80 talents and then move on, but especially after the bp is just currency (stamina rewards used up) my stamina is a lot more precious and I’d like to use it well especially for getting Argenti as strong as possible. And I still need to build Hanya for him (I’ve been running Argenti, Tingyun, Huohuo and flex but usually Topaz since she is my best built and seems to offer good additional damage even if offering nothing to Argenti).

I'd say level up his ult and talent first (to at least lvl 9), then level him up to at least 75 (moc 10 requires 75 to negate the damage res from level difference, but 11 and 12 would likely require 80), and finally turn back to farm relics.

For Argenti it's 4 physical > 4 genius (with Guantum weakness) > 2+2 (Prisoner / Musketeer / Physical) > 4 genius (Without quantum weakness). But the gaps here are relatively small (the biggest gap here is between 2+2 and 4 Genius without quantum weakness). So overall it's still stats > sets.

Current 5* Erudition characters all need 100% crit rate quite badly (to ensure their big hits land on the boss), so you probably needs more crit rate. It'll be 63 with Fu Xuan, 47 with Yukong, or 75 if alone.
I'd say your relic is already quite good if you're not using his signature LC. I only have 70/100 :(

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 17, 2023