Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

maybeadracula posted:

Do you think you could beat Goku in a dick sucking contest?

17% say yes

You would get disqualified if you started beating his dick in the dick sucking contest. It's in the International Dick-Sucking Federation rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

maybeadracula posted:

Do you think you could beat Goku in a dick sucking contest?

17% say yes

i have beaten goku multiple times in the not dying contest and that has to count for something

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If that's where parmesan came from I'd still eat it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MMmm, much needed roughage.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

At Olive Garden when you're here, it's nasty.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

thiccabod posted:

I'm a big fan of the one where 8% of men thought they could score a point against Serena Williams in a tennis match. Just outright delusional absurdity

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

:lol: hadn't seen that

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

In other news, 1 in 8 men are really loving dumb.
Do we know what the overlap is with the tennis survey and the guys that think they could take a grizzly in a fight? I'm sure it's 1:1

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Hell, I can't even guarantee I could beat a bear at tennis.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Slugworth posted:

Hell, I can't even guarantee I could beat a bear at tennis.

If you and the bear played to a million points he might become distracted by some migrating salmon allowing you to blooper in a point.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
1/8 of men believe they can score a point against an M1 Abrams tank in tennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn271kr_ks0

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Robo Reagan posted:

1/8 of men believe they can score a point against an M1 Abrams tank in tennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn271kr_ks0

Okay, returning the ball into the crowd and it exploding had me lol.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Meanwhile I'm p confident I'd lose to a grizzly at tennis.

I'd be like holy poo poo and it'd be a walk over

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Win a point as in win one game or just have 15 in any game in the match? If it's the latter, there's a good chance that Serena Williams will do a double fault on serve. Like, you just need to stand there and hope she misses. If it's the former, no way in hell, lol.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Paladinus posted:

Win a point as in win one game or just have 15 in any game in the match? If it's the latter, there's a good chance that Serena Williams will do a double fault on serve. Like, you just need to stand there and hope she misses. If it's the former, no way in hell, lol.

Sure, double faulting is a possibility, but I think it's implied more that they shoot the ball over the net and she misses. Which no way in hell some random Joe is going to do.
I suppose I'm reading "scoring" as something different than "being awarded" a point on a fault.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 17, 2023

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

thiccabod posted:

I'm a big fan of the one where 8% of men thought they could score a point against Serena Williams in a tennis match. Just outright delusional absurdity

If I was in my prime, I'm confident I could score a point against Serena Williams when she was an infant.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Paladinus posted:

vs another pro yeah, vs some idiot who thinks lol women, she would barely have to try to smoke the person. might be more of an impairment / change in her game vs an unpredictable idiot though? idk i don't tennis

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Karate Bastard posted:

Meanwhile I'm p confident I'd lose to a grizzly at tennis.

I'd be like holy poo poo and it'd be a walk over

I'm pretty confident i'd win, as I'm also pretty sure if your opponent kills and eats you during a match you win be default.

I feel like this is a rule. I mean that can't just not be a rule right?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

dr_rat posted:

I'm pretty confident i'd win, as I'm also pretty sure if your opponent kills and eats you during a match you win be default.

I feel like this is a rule. I mean that can't just not be a rule right?

Hitting an opponent before the ball touches the ground awards them a point, so I feel this extends to eating your opponent before you serve.
Wait no I have that backwards, hitting them means you get a point, sorry the bear wins this one.

I think in doubles if you hit the forward opponent on a serve it's a let. Idk how that applies in singles.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 17, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thinking more about it, Serena Williams probably wouldn't need to waste any fancy serves that are more likely to result in a double fault on some random guy. So it really depends on whether she would be required to play like she was playing against an actual professional opponent or play specifically to avoid losing any points at all.

Basically, I think there are just more men who know about double faults and think they are lucky enough to get one from Williams. Would love to see answers about getting to 40 or winning a game, though.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 17, 2023

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ok but let's be fair... he was NOT still playing football at the time in question

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Who both cares about tik tok and knows about and still buys magazines.

I feel like this should be mutually exclusive.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Do kids still buy mags? I'd expect anyone buying some magazines to be 40+

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/CT7LaqN.mp4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grey Cat posted:

Do kids still buy mags? I'd expect anyone buying some magazines to be 40+

I presume the target audience is old people looking to buy gifts to their grandkids because they have heard that they spend all their time ticktacking

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

My little sister had a similar toy a long time ago, one of those precursors to this one before everything was a drone where you'd rip on a chord. It had those hard plastic rotating wings that got them recalled because it chipped a bunch of kids' teeth or poked an eye out or whatever.

These:

I'm also reminded of the one that flew into a fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_f7LBjiqA

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

McGavin posted:

The 8% that could win against a lion are all Maasai.

That reminds me a guy I work with is from Kenya and one time at the company Christmas party he was wearing this thing that was kinda like a plaid shawl. He said he got it for killing a lion. I asked him if he used a gun to do it and he said no. I should have asked for details but never did. Maybe he was the coked up afrigoon.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

wesleywillis posted:

That reminds me a guy I work with is from Kenya and one time at the company Christmas party he was wearing this thing that was kinda like a plaid shawl. He said he got it for killing a lion. I asked him if he used a gun to do it and he said no. I should have asked for details but never did. Maybe he was the coked up afrigoon.
Landmine.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/4G4HIMn.mp4

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Jeezus...should have jailed them. Diseased brain chud parents.

Anywhoo...old rear end Santa decoration.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 17, 2023

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Truly cursed. Associated with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher%2C_Oklahoma

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...Q1c2I?entry=ttu

The white piles are colossal piles of lead-and zinc-contaminated rock tailings. That whole area is massively contaminated. Everywhere that you see those white piles also means that the surrounding area is almost completely undermined and slowly collapsing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_district

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 17, 2023

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That vile bastard Jimmy Seville. Even his grave should be desecrated.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It was, wasn't it?

Or was it just a memorial that was taken down?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah I had a coworker from Kenya who went back to visit her estranged father and I asked her to buy me a spear. Her question for me was “lion or human” however the question was moot because she had to almost immediately leave the country as her father attempted to sell her to the highest bidder to families trying to get green cards for their sons( she came from the equivalent of deep Appalachia, US).

I really wanted that spear.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah I had a coworker from Kenya who went back to visit her estranged father and I asked her to buy me a spear. Her question for me was “lion or human” however the question was moot because she had to almost immediately leave the country as her father attempted to sell her to the highest bidder to families trying to get green cards for their sons( she came from the equivalent of deep Appalachia, US).

I really wanted that spear.

What was your answer to her question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

obviously human, you wouldn't get a lot of use out of a lion spear in the states.