Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Mister Speaker posted:

Late to the party but I'm a 'put up or shut up' kind of dude, so here you go, from last night:

Okay yeah that owns, good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Suggestion - Legendary: "I want to make fudge with you."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

zedprime posted:

Who wore it better

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Heath posted:

Actually a warcrime

Iirc, wasn't there a second print run in the "proper" case design because people hated it so much?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You could mail away for a cardboard cover that matches the rest. They asked why you wanted it on the form, and one of the check boxes was “because it offends my OCD”.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Are you Granos? Because I called the police on you.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ommin posted:

Another thing that's killing me lately is shows that put out season sets for years and then just stopped even though the show is still going (looking at you Always Sunny and Archer). It's really loving rude, if you ask me.

Hollywood has declared that the era of DVD/Blu-Ray is over, despite the fact that a DVD boxset is a much better deal than streaming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Hollywood has declared that the era of DVD/Blu-Ray is over, despite the fact that a DVD boxset is a much better deal than streaming.

For the consumer, not the studio. Pay your subscriptions so execs can have a summer yacht.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/7YGMPS3.mp4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Love when you can tell by the way they pronounce it that some people think it's spelled "antisemetic"

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Obviously the video isn't a funny picture, but the thumbnail is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFQBdjsPwXo

LOL it's a butt.

you missed the opportunity to say "came across this" which would be heroic

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Heath posted:

Actually a warcrime

Get out of my house

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

P. athenae type specimen.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kiimo posted:

you missed the opportunity to say "came across this" which would be heroic

I would never say something like that about your mom.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Are you Granos? Because I called the police on you.

That's fine, because I'm carrying my printer to your house.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

drat, I love this

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For the consumer, not the studio. Pay your subscriptions so execs can have a summer yacht.

Torrent that poo poo. It's not piracy any more - it's privateering.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hyperlynx posted:

Torrent that poo poo. It's not piracy any more - it's privateering.
Exactly. The studios have saved me so much money by taking away my ability to buy their shows.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

AFewBricksShy posted:

At least it was on purpose.
We have this book set in our book case at home, it drives me loving nuts.

yarr

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

AFewBricksShy posted:

Everyone's gonna wince at number 5 but goddammit number 2 is just a rookie-rear end disaster too. All caps, inconsistent numeral, gently caress you

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Everyone's gonna wince at number 5 but goddammit number 2 is just a rookie-rear end disaster too. All caps, inconsistent numeral, gently caress you

What the hell order are those books in

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I took this screenshot of an order during the pandemic, when it was impossible to find toilet paper. online shopping carts were getting desperate to find replacements for TP.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

...Peter Griffin?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
... Billy Carter?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

...Griffin McElroy?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Ken Griffey Jr....?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The pig says … griffey griffey?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

... Patton Oswalt?

... Tim Robbins?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Goons can't recognize David Mitchell if he walk right up to them and he introduced himself.

This is not related to the current derail going on

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i got moon moon over parma

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

I've been hunting for specific Lions pocketbook editions of the Narnia books for some decades because I got the fourth book from my sister in that format when I was a teenager. (I have read them all but I want it to look nice in my bookcase. I'm aware that's stupid.) The weird thing is that when I find single volumes they're like 1-5€ because they were very much mass-market, but a complete set will go for like 50€ or more even if the spines are all sun-faded. Oh well

e: I guess I'm only missing 2 and 3 now.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Grassy Knowles posted:

i got moon moon over parma

Man I haven’t eaten at Denny’s in years…

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0Oqc5nRR8

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

I was stuck waiting for an appointment on a medical campus recently and the only restaurant for miles was a Denny's. The omelet was okay, the bacon was gross and slimy, and the "fresh fruit" was 100% canned or at least packed in some kind of syrup. That being said I was out the door in like 20 minutes and my bill was probably $12 including tip and my server was nice as gently caress, so imo Denny's is still going strong with their business model. Hope that helps.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

Denny's is a concert venue now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPwaAFHDG8

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
When I was a teen Denny's was one of the only places you could go late night if the bars were off limits. The one we all hung out in had a free jukebox, for some reason, and we used it all the time. Then I started this thing where I'd play Cash's Ring of Fire every time I walked in. I don't know how I started it but I still remember the number was 6208

Then other people started playing it when they walked in. Then just playing it over and over again. It got to the point that for weeks (!) you could walk in this Denny's any time the sun was down and hear Ring of Fire. It obviously became untenable so Denny's first took away the index, then the guide, then moved the jukebox away from the front entrance to by a booth.

Finally, they shuffled all the albums and didn't post new indexing. They did this for less than a week in between the last time I visited and noticed the shuffle. Since I was at the jukebox still, I decided to punch in a random song. Since I was a teenager, I decided on 8008 of course. Turns out this was exactly where they shuffled Ring of Fire and those ratchet Tijuana horns immediately sounded across the restaurant to an unmatched chorus of groans from the Denny's staff. Next time I went in the jukebox was unplugged and remained that way indefinitely.

Also there was a serious recurrence of Vietnamese/Somalian gang violence at that Denny's. C'est la vie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day