Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MJeff posted:

What is it with the Steelers and headcase WRs?

Tomlin's gotten pretty amazing production out of many of them. But Pickens is in that area where he's good enough to have a sure roster spot, but he's not nearly good enough to be an rear end in a top hat without pissing people off.

If you're great you can get away with a whole lot of stuff, if you're merely pretty good (QB issues aside) you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think pickens actually is good enough to put up with, but not good enough to be good enough to put up with while having a very mediocre or bad qb. you need to be a top 5 wr for that. maybe even better

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:same:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

My wish is for a Niners/Lions-Dolphins Super Bowl.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Seattle gets no respect and deserves none.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Nervous posted:

Seattle gets no respect and deserves none.

Seattle needs to attone for Week 18 last season and lose on Monday to assist the Lions.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nervous posted:

Came around in the end. Cavauro still proving he's on Kawas tier

Cav is unsurpassed!! I wish I could tap into what they do but all I have to offer is negativity and misery :D

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Kawalimus posted:

Cav is unsurpassed!! I wish I could tap into what they do but all I have to offer is negativity and misery :D

Hey, let's not put down the birding

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Redeye Flight posted:

Hey, let's not put down the birding

Cav knows the birds too. I posted about a Rose-Throated Becard I saw in Arizona that I was proud of cause I found it by sound then saw it and its nest despite having zero prior experience with the bird. But it was just the female the fancier male didn't show up but it was still cool so I posted about it and said "nobody's gonna ask any questions about that" but of course cav comes in and says "Male Becard?". I'm still mad about that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Tomlin's gotten pretty amazing production out of many of them. But Pickens is in that area where he's good enough to have a sure roster spot, but he's not nearly good enough to be an rear end in a top hat without pissing people off.

If you're great you can get away with a whole lot of stuff, if you're merely pretty good (QB issues aside) you can't.

Cite your sources (Soren Petro)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Broncos loss was tough but kinda expected. I don't expect KC to lose to the pats but I CAN dream :allears:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Seattle needs to attone for Week 18 last season and lose on Monday to assist the Lions.

Counterpoint: I want those jerks to win so the Lions have a better chance at a higher playoff seeding.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Chiefs are 8.5 favorites against the Pats. I can see the Patriots actually covering as their defense is still good but the offense is terrible.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
gently caress birds

go Lions

Finally watched the Barry Sanders doc on Prime and it just reinforced my opinion that he's the greatest running back (possibly even overall player) to ever step on the field and it's not even close.

Dude was insane on the field and didn't give a single gently caress about accolades of any kind, he just wanted to win games and Detroit failed him.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 17, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Black Sunshine posted:

gently caress birds

Kawalimus adds another name to his list.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kawalimus adds another name to his list.

The only list he's keeping is which receivers the Ravens pass on that could have helped save them from Harbaugh's incompetence.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Forrest on Fire posted:

The only list he's keeping is which receivers the Ravens pass on that could have helped save them from Harbaugh's incompetence.

He has so many lists of random poo poo that it's basically CharliePepeSilvia.jpg

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Cite your sources (Soren Petro)

I heard the phrase or sentiment from other sources first, but yeah, that is one of his go to things to say.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

c'mon man. itsl ike you're not even reading his posts. he clearly has stated that we wouldve ruined any receieves we drafted and the only way for the ravens to acquire good pass catching talent is to trade for it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

c'mon man. itsl ike you're not even reading his posts. he clearly has stated that we wouldve ruined any receieves we drafted and the only way for the ravens to acquire good pass catching talent is to trade for it.

The drinking game to go alongside this is drink every time Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, or Shannon Sharpe are discussed

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

The drinking game to go alongside this is drink every time Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith, or Shannon Sharpe are discussed

we need like 5 derrick mason's or one shannon sharpe

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kawalimus posted:

Cav knows the birds too. I posted about a Rose-Throated Becard I saw in Arizona that I was proud of cause I found it by sound then saw it and its nest despite having zero prior experience with the bird. But it was just the female the fancier male didn't show up but it was still cool so I posted about it and said "nobody's gonna ask any questions about that" but of course cav comes in and says "Male Becard?". I'm still mad about that.

I want a thread of "kawa sharing anecdotes about bird thoughts"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I heard the phrase or sentiment from other sources first, but yeah, that is one of his go to things to say.

that and "if not him, then who" which I have to say is a great fuckin argument when people try to say get that QB/coach/GM/owner out of there

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kalensc posted:

I want a thread of "kawa sharing anecdotes about bird thoughts"

That's the afcn thread

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

sharknado slashfic posted:

This is the afcn thread

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that bucs win felt real, real good. i like when my team wins

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFC Player of the week. Packers, your defense is garbage.

https://twitter.com/EMT_Ashlie/status/1736472810883633445?t=IpjKTQFZWkSEV7-Uvc3crw&s=19

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1736484891385110903?t=aKx1H7cwYollxLMCfzUK6w&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

drat, good job Baker!

And Panthers win :toot:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Needs a Jags win tonight for the Cat Team 4-0 on the weekend.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

man the NFL is weird. Miami looked like absolutely dogshit against the Titans last week giving up hilariously awful game-losing drives and Zach Wilson was the player of the loving week then one week later Miami looked like a championship worthy team while the Jets looked even worse than normal

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 2nd WIN HAS HIT THE PANTHERS! It's a week before christmas miracle!

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
E: wrong thread

Kalit fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 17, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Needs a Jags win tonight for the Cat Team 4-0 on the weekend.

Nope

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I was listening to the radio and I learned that Will Levis puts mayo in his coffee and eats bananas with the peel on. So now you know that information as well.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Tin Man lookin’ rough

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
E:wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LOL Bears