Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I blame increased isolation for the rise in poo poo like this

That's my assumption. One of the school districts near me had this happen three times in as many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I blame the predator teacher

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Yeesh. We had a middle school teacher get disappeared last year for something like this.

https://leoaffairs.com/police-arres...0QwtBwOdYF6PD20

Right before I got hired, an administrator at the district level got busted by the FBI for something like this. What little I know of the details are disgusting.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I blame increased isolation for the rise in poo poo like this

What do you mean? Like the kid doesn't have access to trusted people to report to?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I blame the predator teacher

You can blame more than one thing and/or person.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

spacetoaster posted:

What do you mean? Like the kid doesn't have access to trusted people to report to?

Nah that these predators are popping up more often because people are increasingly isolated and go after whatever affection they can scrounge up, even if it's being dicked down by a teenager and losing your job.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the gently caress

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ArmedZombie posted:

You can blame more than one thing and/or person.

no I'm going to blame the predator sorry

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nah that these predators are popping up more often because people are increasingly isolated and go after whatever affection they can scrounge up, even if it's being dicked down by a teenager and losing your job.

uhhhhh

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gently caress you

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

[depressed loner thinking harder than he's ever thought]: It's because they're depressed loners

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So this didn't happen recently, couple of years ago.

We had a very, VERY, eccentric teacher. Think someone who was really into hello kitty. Drove a hello kitty car, wore hello kitty clothing (matching shoes, pants, shirts, socks, hats, jewelry, etc), decorated her classroom with hello kitty everything. Turned conversations to hello kitty whenever possible.

Turns out she had a hello kitty themed, extremely graphic, onlyfans too. That she shared with the boys in the school.

When I say she got disappeared, I mean she got disappeared. Came in one day and her room looked like nobody had ever been in it. Every roster and board her name was printed on was gone. She was even erased from the school website and social media (They take months to update that crap usually).

It wasn't actually hello kitty, but you get the idea.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
It was invader Zim wasn't it

Or nightmare before Christmas

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
neon genesis evangelion

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it was pokemon

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
spongebob (square pants)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nothus posted:

That's my assumption. One of the school districts near me had this happen three times in as many years.

can you clarify this please

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fortaleza posted:

[depressed loner thinking harder than he's ever thought]: It's because they're depressed loners

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure it's just the overall decline in teacher numbers and increasingly desperate/stupid admin hiring whoever they can get. Which, in an environment where the job is subjecting yourself to awful poo poo for hardly any pay/benefits, means that the only people left willing to apply are increasingly wierd perverts!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

This is why my sandwich artist always fucks the sandwich

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

"technically it's called ephebefeelingisolated"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hey man, go gently caress yourself

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Nothus posted:

:thunk:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Crazypoops posted:

This is why my sandwich artist always fucks the sandwich

drat the secret menu has gotten crazy since the last time i went to a subway

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
u know it smell crazy in there

(like artificial bread)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
An italian meat trio please. Can i get that uhh **eyes darting to the door** pittsburgh style?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fortaleza posted:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

There definitely has been a big uptick in people just not understanding how to fuckin behave appropriately in really weird ways and it's gotten even worse since COVID but yeah let's not go too far here lmao

Anyway this thread was much more interesting when it was about how hosed the education system is metaphorically, not, you know, literally

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hailthefish posted:

There definitely has been a big uptick in people just not understanding how to fuckin behave appropriately in really weird ways and it's gotten even worse since COVID but yeah let's not go too far here lmao

Anyway this thread was much more interesting when it was about how hosed the education system is metaphorically, not, you know, literally

Here's something scary. There's 13 million missing kids.

As in there's 13 million kids who just didn't come back to school after covid and nobody really knows where they are, or what to do.

also

65% of kids are below their grade level in reading. https://education.seattlepi.com/poverty-illiteracy-schools-2334.html

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 21:46 on Dec 17, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

no I'm going to blame the predator sorry

i do too

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Here's something scary. There's 13 million missing kids.

As in there's 13 million kids who just didn't come back to school after covid and nobody really knows where they are, or what to do.

They're being :airquote:home-schooled:airquote:.

quote:

also

65% of kids are below their grade level in reading. https://education.seattlepi.com/poverty-illiteracy-schools-2334.html

No, I don't think this has anything to do with kids basically being :airquote:home-schooled:airquote: for 1-2 years during lock downs, why do you ask?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
where did the 13 million disappeared kids come from?

Im just not finding anything close to that

https://nationalpress.org/topic/schools-children-learning-after-covid-thomas-dee/

https://projects.apnews.com/features/2023/missing-children/index.html

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

khazar sansculotte posted:

No, I don't think this has anything to do with kids basically being :airquote:home-schooled:airquote: for 1-2 years during lock downs, why do you ask?

what lockdowns

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

lmao “one to two years of lockdowns”

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I will accept “used lockdowns as an excuse to homeschool the kid, which was always the thing I wanted to do as a fundie parent” for correction. your post essay grading will be adjusted accordingly and resubmitted to the SA board of compliance

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fosborb posted:

where did the 13 million disappeared kids come from?

Whoops, I think the article I read added up several years worth. Also, it appears to be counting some long term absences.

Yeah, we've had some homeschooled kids come back to our public school completely illiterate in the 3rd grade.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

I sloppily referred to the "zoom school" era as "lock downs." Turns out being physically and socially separated from peers and adults has negative consequences for learning. But a lot of idiot parents looked at it and said "yes more of this please," and have been doing zoom coop home school bullshit ever since with predictable results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Yeesh. We had a middle school teacher get disappeared last year for something like this.

https://leoaffairs.com/police-arres...0QwtBwOdYF6PD20

Thanks for the link to “LEO Affairs” website I guess

The Top G has issued a correction as of 11:22 on Dec 18, 2023