Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Agents are GO! posted:

I am so stoked for cross save

Me too, hoping it is active on my account soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

gnoma posted:

Two cats is low efficiency these days. Duplex Bond doesn't fit on Venari but will add 3 copies of your companion Kavat or Vulphaphyla.

Four Khora with Kavat pet = 8 Cats
Four Khora Specters = 4 cats
Duplex Bond = +3 cats x 4 Khora = potential +12 cats?

Who is up for a 24 cat Survival

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Give them all contagious bond and nuke the servers with cats

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Echophonic posted:

I assume we'll get the rifle skin as part of 1999.

Also what the heck is that. Is there a hand sumdali now?

It's the reward for the superboss if you do a SP murmur assassination and get 60 eyes before fighting the boss

It was a lot of fun to get and I'm glad it exists, but I'm also very glad that the reward is particularly silly-looking cosmetics

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

gnoma posted:

Two cats is low efficiency these days. Duplex Bond doesn't fit on Venari but will add 3 copies of your companion Kavat or Vulphaphyla.

... looks like I have some grinding to do to make the ultimate Crazy Cat Lady Frame

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Prop Wash posted:

It's the reward for the superboss if you do a SP murmur assassination and get 60 eyes before fighting the boss

It was a lot of fun to get and I'm glad it exists, but I'm also very glad that the reward is particularly silly-looking cosmetics

how hard will it be for my ample collection of 2018-2020 modded frames? like octavia andor hildryn, etc
checked reddit this week and :reddit: is crying how hard it is and takes a fully coordinated team of 4 to beat the boss

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Prop Wash posted:

I have all the nodes cleared, what's the trick for unlocking the steel path one?

Edit: Oh, I misread, it's just an SP murmur assassinate with 60 eyes. Sounds pretty spicy.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 17, 2023

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Erulisse posted:

how hard will it be for my ample collection of 2018-2020 modded frames? like octavia andor hildryn, etc
checked reddit this week and :reddit: is crying how hard it is and takes a fully coordinated team of 4 to beat the boss

To be honest, when I think warframe, I don't think well coordinated premades with a gameplan.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Friendship ended with VORUNA

Now KULLERVO is my best friend

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
He's not new anymore, but I still can't get over how absurdly broken Kullervo is. It's brilliant.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

yea if you put an ok melee weapon on Kull I'm pretty sure you could solo steel path even without mods, he's insanely good both in terms of damage output and survivability

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Glaives used to be my favorite melee weapons but with the auto-melee change not working on them, I guess I'll go back to gunblades instead.

Wish they'd make auto-melee work on Glaives though.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Erulisse posted:

We went in with a 4-person relatively coordinated squad (and me with Zephyr because the bird is the word), barely lost the first time, and beat it without too much trouble the second time. The big thing is you need to actually avoid its attacks (primarily the laser swipes) because they'll nullify your abilities for a few seconds. I think almost all frames can contribute, but you'll want a good source of damage - I went in with boar incarnon and it did very well both for pumping out a lot of damage on the boss and then using incarnon mode to wipe the adds.

You can also solo it with varying degrees of cheese. I've heard of people doing infinite invuln Yareli, helicopter Styanax, and "crouch in a corner while the ball does the work" Octavia, among others.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Erulisse posted:

It's pretty spicy, you either want to never be hit or be able to reliably gate in situations where your abilities can get turned off for a few seconds after a hit that will wipe out a 40k+ overguard buffer. I did it solo with Styanax and while it took a couple attempts to figure out certain patterns and decide on weapon choice (Laetum), my successful 3rd attempt was pretty comfy.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Glaives used to be my favorite melee weapons but with the auto-melee change not working on them, I guess I'll go back to gunblades instead.

Wish they'd make auto-melee work on Glaives though.

Now you're just trolling, no one would ever want to melee with those awful Glaive stances.

If you like gunblades and clunkyness you might check into Quassus heavy attack. You kinda drop all momentum when you do it but it does a medium-range blade shotgun that forces Slash. Or if you want something more mobile, Hate Incarnon fires slash/heat protectiles while you run around auto attacking. There's a bunch of gunblade-like weapons that aren't gunblades.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Now you're just trolling, no one would ever want to melee with those awful Glaive stances.

If you like gunblades and clunkyness you might check into Quassus heavy attack. You kinda drop all momentum when you do it but it does a medium-range blade shotgun that forces Slash. Or if you want something more mobile, Hate Incarnon fires slash/heat protectiles while you run around auto attacking. There's a bunch of gunblade-like weapons that aren't gunblades.

I've been using Glaive P to murderize poo poo for years now. It's my most used melee weapon. Forward Combo on Gleaming Talon works nicely for most situations.

As for gunblades, I've been sticking to Redeemer P with Bullet Dance, for utility. It's my second most used melee weapon. There are a lot of situations where you need to reload your actual gun but there's still someone alive left, and a gunblade usually will solve that problem without any hassle.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Should I be putting the max corrosion stack bonus from green emerald shards on Saryn, or just sticking to the ability damage bonus to corroded enemies?

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
If anyone hasn't enabled Upscaling/DLSS in the graphics settings get (it's not enabled by default), check that this out cause if it's available cause it can massively increase framerate and also makes the game look better. I haven't seen any downsides yet either.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Jothan posted:

Should I be putting the max corrosion stack bonus from green emerald shards on Saryn, or just sticking to the ability damage bonus to corroded enemies?

+4 corrosion stacks lets you full strip with spores which is very, very good. So 2 shards for that and then 3 of the bonus ability damage is probably ideal.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
where do people look these days for builds? I don't play very often and I'm pretty sure it's been years since I updated any of my frame/weapon mods

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the one site i knew for builds that wasn't just "put the One Build on everything and hope it's good enough" and actually did practical testing on TTK and practical performance stopped updating around the Nidus Prime patch lol

overframe.gg is more "up to date" but has zero quality control

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It really depends on the weapon for Overframe. If one of the people who's actually good at it like ninjase or Themoon has looked at it, it tends to have better builds in general. You want to figure out if the gun you just got a riven for and it's a middling rifle? Good luck.

I don't always agree, but it usually gives me at least an idea of where to start. I don't generally bother with Faction mods, so I have to get a little creative there.

Speaking of which, this build from reddit ended up being pretty impressive for the Grimoire.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 18, 2023

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I also turn to overframe first but with the caveat of being able recognize trash and builds that are going for three hour long steel path runs, and ignoring both of those.

You can still get general ideas for how people are building something new.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What's funny about builds is that I guess besides SP MAX LEVEL 999999+ stuff you can just whatever whenever. It might not be optimised but we have 55 frames and a bajillion guns, so you can probably have a few under-optimised builds.

Viral/Slash/Heat is meta but I doubt you'll really miss out on much by building a stupid Cold/Corrosive build, or Blast/Puncture or whatever combo. I love my Gotva Prime because I can put on all the magazine and RoF mods and it makes the best sound.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the one site i knew for builds that wasn't just "put the One Build on everything and hope it's good enough" and actually did practical testing on TTK and practical performance stopped updating around the Nidus Prime patch lol

overframe.gg is more "up to date" but has zero quality control

Ninjase on overframe is basically the only one I look at for actual build advice on overframe, since they know what they're doing.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i haven't played this game in a year or two and im glad that it's still as incomprehensible as ever

Faxanadus posted:

If anyone hasn't enabled Upscaling/DLSS in the graphics settings get (it's not enabled by default), check that this out cause if it's available cause it can massively increase framerate and also makes the game look better. I haven't seen any downsides yet either.

A pro gamer move is to enable DLDSR and DLSS at the same time, the visual quality is better then either alone and DLSS knocks a good chunk of DLDSR's performance hit off.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Noticed a ton of ghosting when I tried upscaling.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I just gave DLDSR and DLSS a shot on my 3080 and I'm not sure I notice an improvement. I lose like 60FPS in either upscaled resolution, which is improved back to my usual 144 (my VRR cap) with DLSS. I also can't run it in borderless windowed, which is kind of a buzzkill given how often I tab out.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I just gave DLDSR and DLSS a shot on my 3080 and I'm not sure I notice an improvement. I lose like 60FPS in either upscaled resolution, which is improved back to my usual 144 (my VRR cap) with DLSS. I also can't run it in borderless windowed, which is kind of a buzzkill given how often I tab out.

It should eliminate some of the artifacting caused by DLSS because it's upscaling a higher resolution image.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The hit enemies with amphores bounty objective in alchemy is the worst. I swear the hit detection on those things is completely busted. And that's on top of sometimes the right ones don't spawn, pipes don't spawn, and other players can't seem to figure out how the mode works.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 18, 2023

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

chumbler posted:

The hit enemies with amphores bounty objective in alchemy is the worst. I swear the hit detection on those things is completely busted. And that's on top of sometimes the right ones don't spawn, pipes don't spawn, and other players can't seem to figure out how the mode works.

Yeah, it's picky. And for a lot of rooms, the pipes are on the opposite side, you have to be within a radius to get the marker.

I just ragequit a pub alchemy. Had two people just wandering around and doing a poo poo job of finding voca. 18 minutes before I called it a waste of time and aborted because we'd gotten one done. I'll just farm the loving Mandonel in survival, I guess. And solo so I don't get matchmade into a drat bounty.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah alchemy is great in a goon group or even solo but can be extremely miserable with pubs. Road and I were averaging about 12 minutes for rotation C earlier so it’s almost certainly the best for finding mandonel parts. I think it’s pretty fun, better than volatile because the pipes are a bit more easily accessible (didn’t encounter the pipes not spawning bug) but good lord the visual clutter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the pipes not spawning was from a host migration or something. After the rehost the indicators were who knows where on the map (probably OOB) because alchemy maps are insanely huge for some reason, then after a bit they disappeared.

It absolutely can be a very fast mode, and I like it when things go smoothly, but that bounty objective is awful, and pubs can make it torture.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've encountered the 'pipes not spawning' bug once, but they eventually did several minutes into the mission phase - which led to what I would call an unchill, even tense, couple minutes of my pub squad scouring all of creation for some pipes to break while the thermals were pegged at 100%

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I had a fun bug on Netracells today where the drone waypoint led me to a room that the drone was not in. Usually when I can't find the drone I drop down an aoe archgun because it likes to hide inside objects, but this time it wasn't in the room at all, and then I noticed that the room overlapped with another tile so I ran 600m to that one and found the drone immediately. Cool stuff!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oops, put a tennokai mod in the ghoulsaw because I forgot the ghoulsaw heavy attack is the literal worst heavy attack in the entire game and that the ghoulsaw's hitboxes do not seem to actually exist and also that the ghoulsaw sucks. Man how'd they whiff so bad on giant power saw weapon.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

VOCA

LOID

goddammit DE

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

chumbler posted:

Oops, put a tennokai mod in the ghoulsaw because I forgot the ghoulsaw heavy attack is the literal worst heavy attack in the entire game and that the ghoulsaw's hitboxes do not seem to actually exist and also that the ghoulsaw sucks. Man how'd they whiff so bad on giant power saw weapon.

Saw weapons have never exactly been DE’s forte. The Miter used to be the worst weapon in the game by a fairly large margin and the Panthera still might be, honestly.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Holy poo poo they apparently hosed these arcanes even harder than the duviri ones on release, average time to get a full set of one one the two legendary arcanes, is 1 year and 5 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Runa posted:

VOCA
LOID
goddammit DE
:allears: Never change, you nerds

Prop Wash posted:

I had a fun bug on Netracells today where the drone waypoint led me to a room that the drone was not in. Usually when I can't find the drone I drop down an aoe archgun because it likes to hide inside objects, but this time it wasn't in the room at all, and then I noticed that the room overlapped with another tile so I ran 600m to that one and found the drone immediately. Cool stuff!
I noticed a bunch of tilegen self-overlap (on different heights) in the first week because netracell missions are just so massive (i don't think any other mission goes for that many tiles that large?).
So yeah, always gotta check with the 3d waypoints (as long as they work).