Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

webmeister posted:

tbh I’m glad we decided against a December holiday in Vanuatu

Yeah they do like forming around there.

If you're gonna go tropics in cyclone season and you're going OS, get as close to the equator a possible. Cyclones cannot form along it. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cyclone breeze sounds good about now. Bit warm

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Outrail posted:

Covid really hosed up my sense of taste

Did you catch covid?

:lol:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

Saw a dead bandicoot today, very sad.

I see a lot of roadkill up here except for DEAD loving CATS.

I did see a live bandicoot a few weeks ago though.

A Green Tree Frog has moved in.

There are a lot of different spiders spinning webs everywhere now that whatever loving poo poo the pest control cunts sprayed here 2 years ago has hosed off a bit.

Ants everywhere.

:love:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Yeah they do like forming around there.

If you're gonna go tropics in cyclone season and you're going OS, get as close to the equator a possible. Cyclones cannot form along it. :science:

Yeah we knew the risk, but we actually decided against the trip because Air Vanuatu only has one plane that fires to Australia, and it needs “repairs” fairly frequently. There was a story a few months back that a bunch of people got stranded in Vanuatu for a week because the plane was grounded and they literally don’t have another one lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The tism cunts just released their new album. Titular track about saying oval office:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCvVd51uK8
:australia:

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 15, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

170kph winds seems a bit excessive Brisbane. Tone it down a bit up there.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I'm not feelin' these new Tism songs. Greg The Stop Sign and Ol' Man River are all timers but I think they aged out

Ol' Man River is a very weird punk song making fun of River Phoenix for dying of an overdose, what a weird thought to turn into a very cool song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGvmBiNiDY

Greg The Stop Sign is about how education is weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwI2NrVYqIE

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 15, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Peccadillo posted:

I'm not feelin' these new Tism songs. Greg The Stop Sign and Ol' Man River are all timers but I think they aged out

Ol' Man River is a very weird punk song making fun of River Phoenix for dying of an overdose, what a weird thought to turn into a very cool song

What I'm hearing is that you're not just a oval office but you're a loving oval office.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

Well, if you're a REAL Tism fan, then nothing after Great Truckin Songs is any good

Caedes
Aug 30, 2002

dr_rat posted:

The tism cunts just released their new album. Titular track about saying oval office:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCvVd51uK8
:australia:

This is an absolute banger, welcome back TISM

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

It's cinda catchy

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah C Word is great, like it a lot more than their other single Hillsong

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 16, 2023

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

The Peccadillo posted:

Old Man River is about the effects of chasing fame. Saying it's making fun of River Phoenix is like saying Hotel California is about a hotel in California.

Also all their new tracks bang imo

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Well, Ol' Man River correctly predicted the death of Michael Jackson, what other songs did that?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DPM posted:

Old Man River is about the effects of chasing fame. Saying it's making fun of River Phoenix is like saying Hotel California is about a hotel in California.

Also all their new tracks bang imo

Sure but it does say he watched him sieze and die

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

can''t park there mate

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they're mating

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The planes are 96ing

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Graunaid got some pics up for 2023

Mountain Valley Stud owner Ian Durkin feeds his Hereford bulls using dry feed as he tries to keep valuable breeding stock alive during dry times in northern NSW.

Jim Osborne among native grasses at his property Yambulla, on the Victoria-NSW border, which he has offered to be co-managed by traditional owners.

Djingili elder Samuel Sandy, who is fighting fracking proposals in the Northern Territory’s Beetalo basin, with his great-grandson Henry.

Kawadji Wimpa dance team at the Laura Quinkan dance festival in far north Queensland.

Traditional custodian Conrad on the site of a proposed Toowoomba road corridor that could affect the 3,000-6,000-year-old Gummingurru sacred site.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Inceltown posted:

Graunaid got some pics up for 2023

Mountain Valley Stud owner Ian Durkin feeds his Hereford bulls using dry feed as he tries to keep valuable breeding stock alive during dry times in northern NSW.

Jim Osborne among native grasses at his property Yambulla, on the Victoria-NSW border, which he has offered to be co-managed by traditional owners.

Djingili elder Samuel Sandy, who is fighting fracking proposals in the Northern Territory’s Beetalo basin, with his great-grandson Henry.

Kawadji Wimpa dance team at the Laura Quinkan dance festival in far north Queensland.

Traditional custodian Conrad on the site of a proposed Toowoomba road corridor that could affect the 3,000-6,000-year-old Gummingurru sacred site.

Nice contribution there, thanks for the explanations!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Jasper cycloneposting may have stopped, but the rain hasn't.

The ex-cyclone has been bombarding the far north since mid-last week, with some areas seeing their annual rainfall average in four days.

The Daintree is exceptionally flooded, all towns and settlements along it will be completely hosed.

Cairns water is still rising

Barron Falls has gone from a standard trickle to a monumental torrent:

NOW

Locals had to spend the night on roofs in Wujal Wujal and Bloomfield, plans are in place to airlift everyone to Cooktown ASAP. There's sadly a decent chance that not everyone has made it so far.

A ranger station in Gaarraay NP (NW of Cooktown )isn't faring much better, as locals and dogs sheltered on the roof.

The Cook Hwy between Port Douglas & Cairns is currently inaccessible

The Palmerston HWY fares no better.

Higgins Storm Chasing posted:

The 24 hours from Sunday 9am to Monday 9am has produced record breaking December rainfall across the North Tropical Coast, with several locations seeing over a metre of rainfall in the 48hrs to 9am Monday - which included areas North of Cairns and over the Daintree, separately, seeing periods of 400mm+ in 6hrs or less. Event totals are now exceeding 2 metres!

Top 24 hour totals:

* Bairds 870mm - *NEW* December Australia record. 3rd wettest day in recorded Australian history.
* Diwan 829mm
* Mossman South 714mm
* Yandill 701mm
* Whyanbeel Valley 700mm

--- PREVIOUS DECEMBER AUSTRALIAN RECORD ---

* Beesbike 656mm
* Stewart Creek Valley 652mm
* Whyanbeel Creek 651mm
* Black Mountain 640mm
* Myola 638mm
* Daintree Village 637mm
* Mossman 621mm
* Kuranda Railway Station 517mm
* Cairns Airport 307mm - this re-breaks the station December record set yesterday.
* Widespread falls of 150-300mm across the Cairns - Innisfail - Mareeba areas, with isolated falls to 450mm.

Top 48 hour totals (Saturday 9am to Monday 9am):

* Black Mountain 1292mm
* Bairds 1196mm
* Myola 1151mm
* Diwan 1064mm
* Whyanbeel Creek 1064mm
* Whyanbeel Valley 1061mm
* Stewart Creek Valley 1042mm
* Kuranda Railway Station 1027mm
* Mossman 1007mm
* Daintree Village 916mm
* Yandill 900mm
* Craiglie 820mm
* Mona Mona 799mm
* Port Douglas 746mm

EVENT Totals (Wednesday 9am to Monday 9am):

* Black Mountain 2166mm
* Bairds 2118mm
* Myola 2025mm
* Mossman South 1935mm (no data for day 4, likely over 400mm)
* Whyanbeel Valley 1934mm
* Yandill 1934mm
* Whyanbeel Creek 1927mm
* Kuranda Railway Station 1831mm
* Mossman 1745mm
* Mona Mona 1634mm
* Stewart Creek Valley 1482 (no data recorded on day 1, with other areas seeing 500mm+ around the area).

* NOTE * The previous December record in Australia for 24hr rainfall was Halifax, QLD - December 16th 2018 with 678mm.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 18, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There's a class 6+ yikes. Might want to recheck your pfd before hitting that bad boi

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

There's a class 6+ yikes. Might want to recheck your pfd before hitting that bad boi

I'm good mate, lets go.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Nice contribution there, thanks for the explanations!

Those are just stolen guardian blubs. Not smart enough to write words myself.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Where is Bairds? I can’t find anything by that name on Google

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just txt a mate currently in Cairns. Apparently rains have started easing up. She just went out to the shops to restock. Supermarkets shelves pretty bare but Dan Murphy fortunately still has pretty full shelves.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Just txt a mate currently in Cairns. Apparently rains have started easing up. She just went out to the shops to restock. Supermarkets shelves pretty bare but Dan Murphy fortunately still has pretty full shelves.

Might as well make the biggest Beer Can Regatta out of this situation

webmeister posted:

Where is Bairds? I can’t find anything by that name on Google

Might be Bairds Table Mountain

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Inceltown posted:

I'm good mate, lets go.

Those are just stolen guardian blubs. Not smart enough to write words myself.

Are these still light on the fizz so you can slam em down hard?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Outrail posted:

Are these still light on the fizz so you can slam em down hard?

Yes, also

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
oh god, soggy angry cassowaries

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Non Compos Mentis posted:

oh god, soggy angry cassowaries

These guys are having an interesting time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCKm4W9IJBk

One from Ida couple years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ksbeG1nio

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

They should redo the kayak ad except he's so fucken munted on hard solos that he keeps getting snagged on branches going down and ends up going over the cliff with the kayak missing.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Final shot of the ad is just a bunch of empty tins washing down the rapids.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They should redo the kayak ad except he's so fucken munted on hard solos that he keeps getting snagged on branches going down and ends up going over the cliff with the kayak missing.

Busted up kayak sitting on the curb while the cops tries to talk to him and he's just saying he's waiting for a mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wqzZOFOcYo

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
They should just bring back the original solo man, free him from prison, and put a GoPro on him

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Can't believe they named a drink after my sex life

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

- hard solo

- alcoholic lemon

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

A bunch of boats have been rescuing people from trees all day by the looks of it. Last I heard was a lot of choppers had been grounded due to weather, but it looks like they're active now.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 18, 2023

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

over 2000 litres of water per square metre in 4 days, loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

spaceblancmange posted:

over 2000 litres of water per square metre in 4 days, loving hell

For non metric people people that's like four hundred forty gallons in ten square feet