Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

bryce young doubled his wins today. talk about impact!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BlindSite posted:

I kind of eluded to this before with my post about ranking MVP seasons overall but did Peyton not deserve the MVP award because he had an all universe offensive line and was throwing to
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Stokely
with Edgerrin James in the backfield ?

Correct, Daunte should have been 2004 MVP

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
BSs posts made me check the score and wow i expected… points. Wins a win I guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

BSs posts made me check the score and wow i expected… points. Wins a win I guess

the man is drinking straight liquid copium

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im happy we won a lovely game. I'm happy he lead a drive and was allowed to lead one.

Who cares about the rest of the season its over.

Go piss in someone else's cornflakes. Let me be happy for a day.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Finally Bryce has been allowed to succeed.

(Success is no touchdowns)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bud you can’t have thin skin with 2 wins. It’ll eat you alive. Your post gave me hope. Reality took it away.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite is such a Bryce homer you'd think he was a lovely MMA fighter who made his entire personality that he loves Donald Trump

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
What

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't get it either but anytime someone is making GBS threads on Colby is ok with me

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 18, 2023

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I have updated my tier list on how teams feel about their QBs.

Love is signed through next season, but I could also see Green Bay taking someone late and giving them looks in training camp in case Love struggles next year.

I think most Packers fans are feeling the Love right now. He'll probably be signed to something longer term in the offseason.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Don't cross forum stupidity. Let me be an idiot in each one individually.

Also my skin isn't thin, I'm just saying he did what he needed to do to get the win today. I guess I should be mad/sad we won? and that Bryce looked good on the final drive? I'm sorry it's a uniquely goon thing to get sad about the little things, because they're not exactly as you dreamed. I take the wins when I can get em.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

C. Everett Koop posted:

I have updated my tier list on how teams feel about their QBs.

what's trevor bust doing there?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the cincinnati brownings are too low and in a weird place

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

BlindSite posted:

sad about the little things

Speaking of Bryce :haw:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Master Stur posted:

Speaking of Bryce :haw:

:thurman:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

it was probably bryce's best game of the year

18/24 for 167 yards, no TDs, recovered both of his fumbles

hasn't thrown a TD pass in over a month

second highest ypa today at 7. Highest was 7.6 against houston

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

hasn't thrown a TD pass in over a month

second highest ypa today at 7. Highest was 7.6 against houston

In fairness, he probably should've had one yesterday near the end, but it bounced off of Thielen's shoulder pad.

The final drive was encouraging (and a win is definitely a win, especially not having the 1st rounder next year), but it is hard to get super excited about that statline.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

and oh my god do bryce's throws hang in the air. i know the conditions were terrible but his passes looked like floating chinese lanterns

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bryce just looks so out of place on a football field. Not just physically. I mean spiritually too. He looks and plays like he's scared shitless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean next week will be the big test. If he can’t carve up a Packers D that has stopped trying what hope is left

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Bryce just looks so out of place on a football field. Not just physically. I mean spiritually too. He looks and plays like he's scared shitless.

wouldn't you be

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean next week will be the big test. If he can’t carve up a Packers D that has stopped trying what hope is left
Prime opportunity for the Packers to gently caress over the Bears future draft capital with tank games against the Panthers and Bears coming up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What’s the opposite of laser

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1736720992062378330?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

He's got a soft lamp of an arm

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A rainbow

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

hey, bryce had a better stat line than dak and allen yesterday!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The anti-laser is essentially the opposite of traditional lasers, which emit light after enough energy is pumped into a light-amplifying material called the gain medium. In the anti-laser, the gain medium is replaced by an absorbing medium. Two light beams are shot into opposite ends of the anti-laser and are perfectly absorbed if the device is tuned to the right frequency.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CJ Stroud

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hes good and fun

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's total BS that Stroud and Dell are injured.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I WANT Bryce to be good. Soft spot for the small Bama boys who get poo poo on their rookie year.

Just hoped for a full good performance from him, not… recovering two of your own fumbles. But overall a win IS a win.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I hope Bryce is good starting the year after the team he's playing on doesn't have their draft picks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cavauro posted:

The anti-laser is essentially the opposite of traditional lasers, which emit light after enough energy is pumped into a light-amplifying material called the gain medium. In the anti-laser, the gain medium is replaced by an absorbing medium. Two light beams are shot into opposite ends of the anti-laser and are perfectly absorbed if the device is tuned to the right frequency.

drat, even Bryce Young's origin story is shabby

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

I hope Bryce is good starting the year after the team he's playing on doesn't have their draft picks

Its not like they're going to be paying anyone this offseason while burns has one foot put the door. They can probably throw overs at a decent receiver.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Intruder posted:

what's trevor bust doing there?

I was gonna post the same thing.

2 years removed from Urban Meyer and all the excuses that went with it, I'm at the point where I'm beginning to question this "generational talent" tag. I mean, Trevor does a lot of good stuff and he's good overall but I'm willing right now to call his accuracy into question and his obvious problems taking care of the football. When I hear "generational talent" for a guy picked #1 overall, I think "potential Hall of Famer" and I just haven't seen it.

I live in NE FL, root for the Jags and watch TL play a lot so I'm not just talking out of my rear end here. Trevor's reminding me a lot of Matt Stafford right now more than anyone else I can think of in terms of a potential career trajectory, which isn't horrible but, you know. He doesn't pass the eye test for me. He doesn't throw guys open. He misses a lot of open receivers. He lacks touch a lot of times where extra mustard isn't called for and seems to rely on his talent more than his head quite often. I never watch him play and feel inspired with confidence because we have him, which is what one looks for in a "generational talent"/

Right now, I'd trade him for Stroud or Purdy straight up and I think he's been given a lot of leeway due to his draft status and the team he's with but in year three, with a good coach and several weapons, he's still borderline top 10 to my eyes and I can easily make that list.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fwiw it seems like Trevor is playing injured

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Functionally his 2nd year in an NFL offense with competent coaches / supporting cast, clearly concussed and carrying a leg injury.

I can forgive it. I'd be hoping to see a turnaround next year though otherwise you kind of.end up in that purgatory where it's probably the coaches seat gets warm and you're looking at the 5th year option wondering if you can do better starting again.

Fwiw I liek what I've seen from Lawrence when he's in full flight. It's the inconsistencies that are troubling. He seems to spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm curious, are there any QBs who really make "The Leap" after their initial rookie deals? Brees/Favre come to mind but they had to change teams first, Steve Young started in the USFL.

Modern day, with all of the QB camps and such, it feels like if a guy hasn't figured it out in his first couple of seasons, at least year 3 barring Urban Meyer-like situations, it's not gonna happen.