Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

yikes

quote:

Marayna Rodgers, a medical assistant from Washington state, was reported missing on December 7 after having met with Comanche and Harnden two days prior on Dec. 5. After an initial investigation, Harnden was arrested on Dec. 13 by Las Vegas police, while Comanche was apprehended on Dec. 15 by the FBI in Sacramento.

Both were initially charged with kidnapping, but those charges were later amended to open murder, per the LVMPD. The statement reads in part:

"Based on information obtained after the arrest of Harnden and Comanche, detectives were able to recover human remains in a desert area in Henderson, Nevada. The remains were later identified by the Clark County Coroner to be of Marayna Rodgers.

"Detectives determined that Harnden and Comanche were responsible for the murder of Rodgers. The charges for both individuals will be amended to open murder through coordination with the Clark County District Attorney's office."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

quote:

Comanche, 27, went undrafted in 2017 before playing in the G League and in Turkey. He made one appearance in the NBA for the Portland Trail Blazers in April of 2023.

Long live the Jail Blazers

e: kinda lol that his lone appearance in the NBA was in a 56-point blowout by the Warriors

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

New Orleans has come out of the IST with a helluva chip on their shoulder.

It's amazing what giving a poo poo and adhering to the offensive gameplay will do.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fart simpson posted:

even shaq never had 32 fta in a single game

He has the playoff/finals record with 39 FTA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ju2Y2dCr0

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wasn't the judge record something that was yankees specific so it didn't matter to anyone that isn't a Yankees nerd?

He has the AL record for most home runs. He has the MLB record for striking out in 37 consecutive games.

Doltos posted:

IST rune for trade, fill your gull daggers

I do wonder how much the IST has skewed the first quarter of the season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/RyB_311/status/1736579448844009808

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Fifteen minute quarters used to be a thing
https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2023/12/quarterly-scoring-added-for-most-pre-shot-nba-baa-clock-games/

Red Rox posted:

So if Dray continues to be a psycho and Klay continues to be a whiney baby will this be the saddest end to a dynasty ever?

Witnessing Dickey Simpkins be the MVP of the 1999 Bulls was kind of sad.

New methods on the cutting edge of artificial parity.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Zogo posted:

He has the playoff/finals record with 39 FTA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ju2Y2dCr0

He has the AL record for most home runs. He has the MLB record for striking out in 37 consecutive games.

I do wonder how much the IST has skewed the first quarter of the season.

oh i guess i was looking at regular season stats

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Exchange student allegedly breaks into Steph Curry's Atherton home; arrest warrant issued
https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisc...d-san-mateo-da/

'Gao then walked onto the property and through the home's unlocked front door, according to the DA's office. The suspect was soon confronted by a nanny who demanded to know what he was doing at the home, he responded that he wanted Curry's "signature."'

dokmo posted:

...I can't find RAPTOR or PIPM, so those may be history as well.

Years later and still surprised they passed up on the opportunity to go with PIMP.

Rick posted:

Yeah this is my general thought, just recently saw someone claim it was "the best combo stat" and I was having trouble deciding why they felt this. I guess according to the creator's website, it's a demonstrably better predictive tool than the other ones but the difference wasn't huge to me.

Most of the AIO stats have very strong correlations with each other.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Zogo posted:

Most of the AIO stats have very strong correlations with each other.

i assume theyre all basically variations of the same formula using the exact same input data

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

slave to my cravings posted:

Real talk here is another Chris Paul team loaded with talent imploding

CP3 once again a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. His time is running out.

pyrotek posted:

I'm so glad the refs are cracking down on this. Eject every player that complains every time. Eject every player that looks like they might be considering complaining. If the crowd starts a chant against the refs, eject the crowd

Imagine an NBA where no one was allowed to say anything on the court or in the arena.

♫If I Could Turn Back Time♫
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTq8p2mjiZA

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WRT Zach LaVine I'm afraid he's overrated. He has some deep flaws that totally counteract all of his good side. His reputation says he's launching a ton of threes and making 45% of them. But he's not even close to that. In reality he's a 33% 3P shooter this year. Good 3P shooting for the 1980s but hilariously mediocre in 2024.

His career ORtg is 109 and his career DRtg is 114. DRtg being higher than ORtg is a classic telltale sign of a player who will sink many teams. Even the oft-maligned RW has a career ORtg of 108 and a DRtg of 106.

It's not surprising that his teams never win more than a few games in a row.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jordan Poole -Nightmare of basketball

His DRtg is 27 points higher than his ORtg this year. By far the worst in the NBA.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

imagine if you made a team out of all the guys with the highest defensive rating. that team would be unbeatable

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

WRT Zach LaVine I'm afraid he's overrated. He has some deep flaws that totally counteract all of his good side. His reputation says he's launching a ton of threes and making 45% of them. But he's not even close to that. In reality he's a 33% 3P shooter this year. Good 3P shooting for the 1980s but hilariously mediocre in 2024.

His career ORtg is 109 and his career DRtg is 114. DRtg being higher than ORtg is a classic telltale sign of a player who will sink many teams. Even the oft-maligned RW has a career ORtg of 108 and a DRtg of 106.

It's not surprising that his teams never win more than a few games in a row.

His DRtg is 27 points higher than his ORtg this year. By far the worst in the NBA.

Hahahahaha
He really reminds me of pistons josh smith. Just playing pure klownball. Not caring a bit

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://x.com/nickiswashed/status/1736567699331813808?s=46

We live in such a strange time

Tldr Anthony Edwards got an Instagram model pregnant she tried to guilt him into keeping it by sending him a picture of a toddler and saying she regretted a prior abortion. He ended the conversation by sending her $100,000 through his lawyer

Weird as hell to see that unfold via text screenshots

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 18, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What a nice guy!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
If the fans in Miami aren't chanting "SEND DA VIDEO" tomorrow they are not alive.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Feel like the thread title shortly will be "get a abortion lol"

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
That's pretty sad - they write like 14-year-olds.

Have any Instagram Models stories been fun rather than just depressing? Maybe the Suns gangblow one?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Nah that one was shady too

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Dmr8IWwqQ

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I've heard Black Tray and Jalen Rose (https://twitter.com/Travonne was on the pod with amin el hassan and the annoying power rankings guy forever. Dont know if it still exists. But his deal was that he was best friends with a fringe NBA player while also being a school teacher. So he would cryptically discuss these things that otherwise remain secrets. Now he's a creative and has an e-book about social media brand building so take that however you'd like)

talking about the logistics about "imports" and so on when it comes to girls and NBA players. You have a member of your crew who does logistics for them and boilerplate legal documents for consent and so forth. I don't know if you can waive child support or baby anything in that sort of venue, seems unlikely. But you could make it look that way, which is why a person would give up a chance for millions in child support for a one time small taters 100k lump sum.

Plus you get to stay in the NBA groupie world, which has lots of benefits. You can end up marrying some journeyman with a net worth of 80,000,000. Similar to actresses and models doing the yacht circuit til they get married to a hedge fund guy or movie star.

Pro athletes live in such a different world than us. I almost feel like the prevalence of player podcasts reflects it. They know deep down that they are living lives that the wealthiest kings couldn't imagine. Want to connect with normal people by talking about the troubles of day to day.

What a world we're living in

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Red Rox posted:

That's pretty sad - they write like 14-year-olds.

Have any Instagram Models stories been fun rather than just depressing? Maybe the Suns gangblow one?

I had an early internet friend who became an instagram model and eventually went on the bachelor and then married a different millionaire, had some kids, seems pretty happy now. Legit one of the funnier/cooler people I know, glad the world opened up for her . I guess it's been like ten years since I've talked to her though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean Zach was having an extremely bad start of the season.

Those are waaay below his normal offensive numbers.

I'm assuming he didn't forget how to shoot.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im assuming he did forget

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://x.com/nickiswashed/status/1736567699331813808?s=46

We live in such a strange time

Tldr Anthony Edwards got an Instagram model pregnant she tried to guilt him into keeping it by sending him a picture of a toddler and saying she regretted a prior abortion. He ended the conversation by sending her $100,000 through his lawyer

Weird as hell to see that unfold via text screenshots

We need more ac greens in the league.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah watched a friend have drat near that exact convo, with a lady he knocked up, over the course of a weekend in college

Ended up having to come up with 1k to pay for the abortion.

Just use a goddamn condom. And all this poo poo can be avoided.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 18, 2023

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I would appreciate if more millionaire athletes practiced asceticism. It'd be easier to keep up my cool, aloof facade that way.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Veryslightlymad posted:

I would appreciate if more millionaire athletes practiced asceticism. It'd be easier to keep up my cool, aloof facade that way.

Kyrie Irving does

Oops, I read that wrong

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1736762300038549515?s=20

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

that scene from the Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge get sent to parenting class and Homer is writing "garbage goes in garbage can" and then he shrugs and says "hmmm...makes sense" but it's Draymond and it says "don't punch or kick people"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
"The only thing that goes around a neck is a tie, or if its seasonally appropriate, a festive scarf. Not your forearm, I cannot emphasize this enough people."

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Azathoth posted:

that scene from the Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge get sent to parenting class and Homer is writing "garbage goes in garbage can" and then he shrugs and says "hmmm...makes sense" but it's Draymond and it says "don't punch or kick people"

I was thinking more like the scene in Dr Marvin Monroe's where they are set up with shocking dog collars and he is just slamming the shock button on Sabonis and Gobert.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Whooping Crabs posted:

Kyrie Irving does

Oops, I read that wrong

Hahaha. Aaaaaaaah, ya got me.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

“Kerr, I caught my fist on the Euro again”
“Why you podcastin little!”

“No, he’s gotta pass this class for Curry. Dray… let’s stop the tusslin and chokin”

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Azathoth posted:

draymond choking out Cletus during the final test

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/UNC_Basketball/status/1736748559607677422

eric montross died. he was 52. for a player who wasn't very good in the nba, he was on my tv an awful lot in the 90s.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Routinely blows my mind that these Instagram models have some internal conversation like "yes that is something I would like to do to my body, sure that looks normal and comfortable, the Jessica Rabbit Nightmare Mod yes that's for me"

I saw some girl with those kind of insane proportions last month and am here to say that what might look great lying on a towel or standing in front of a mirror holding a phone, does not look so great at the self-checkout line at Target, it made just existing in the physical world look fuckin miserable.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
edit: I see the Jordan Poole thing has already been posted but I missed it in the sea of Ant stuff

morestuff fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 18, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/theantedwards_/status/1736787455691407764

The Ultimate Woman's Right to Choose Respecter has made his statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Anthony Edwards loves to walk back things on Twitter