Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

nerox posted:

Wouldn't that make the Mozart ratio 1 billion people to 1 Mozart, thus we should have 8 Mozarts right now.

You'd think they'd be easy to find, too, what with the powdered wigs and ornate clothing and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

How do we know Ice Spice isn’t supposed to be the next Mozart?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

holtemon posted:

At least it's 1000 Mozarts and not 1000 Musks lol

Was just about to say this. Ten to one he just said "Mozart" as a sly winking way to avoid saying "we need to produce the next Elon Musk, like breeding the red heifer"

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

bobjr posted:

How do we know Ice Spice isn’t supposed to be the next Mozart?

Pretty sure Taylor Swift counts as about 15% of our existing Mozart quota. Following the 'Dad is a studio exec, grew up in the courts of power' Mozart career plan.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

nerox posted:

Wouldn't that make the Mozart ratio 1 billion people to 1 Mozart, thus we should have 8 Mozarts right now.

most mozarts don't make it to adulthood. Fact.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I have to put down traps for the little bastards, always getting into the harpsichord and whatnot.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What’s the Hitler ratio?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

why did it have to be chandler instead of elon

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Murdstone posted:

What’s the Hitler ratio?

14/88 :elon:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cool we have a thousand Mozarts, our world is suffocating from overpopulation, pollution and climate change, but we got some people who make good music

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How many Mozarts could we fit into the world packed shoulder to shoulder

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Murdstone posted:

What’s the Hitler ratio?

You can only have a single Hitler operating at any given time, so more people means worse Hitlers rather than more Hitlers. As long as we don't hit the population threshold where we have to deal with The Mule, we should be ok.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

What's the "mind virus"? This is just open-face greed.

Saying it out loud instead of keeping it to yourself.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

Cool we have a thousand Mozarts, our world is suffocating from overpopulation, pollution and climate change, but we got some people who make good music

what if the dudes playing clasical music as the titanic sank had actually saved everyone from drowning. what then

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
*slaps roof of a Cybertruck* "you can fit so many Mozarts in this baby!"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
calling it now next elon kid named "moxart"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Helluva posted:

Using the drawer as a handrest and leaving the "moisturizer" for all to see, he is a genius.

(Elon briefly stops typing at his computer. The design for an energy saving device goes on hold.
As he looks at his desk, he sees the moisturizer.
He then looks at the bottle of Detergent. 'Yaccing Brand Detergent. Get your whites, whiter than white with white power.'

Suddenly, he has an idea that will not come to fruition until 2021.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Just finished watching this, and while it's good overall, I do think Oliver pulls his punches a bit when it comes to detailing just how insanely racist Elon's views are. In particular, I wish he'd spent more time discussing Elon's obsession with white birth rates, and I wish he'd brought up Elon's recent tweet about how "women in the West" are brainwashed into being pro-choice because they're "taught that an accidental pregnancy is the worst thing that could possibly happen to them".

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
X detergent??

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Time_pants posted:

It's going to make you so mad when he posts it and there are basically zero consequences.

You're talking to a guy who knows that Elon was able to make Tesla stock go up because he brought out a man in a robot costume who did a jig. Dropping the N-word will probably give him a better contract with the government.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I see it's time to flip the "days since elon musk said the stupidest thing ever" sign back to zero again. Shame, I think it had reached its high score of 1.

DaveWoo posted:

Just finished watching this, and while it's good overall, I do think Oliver pulls his punches a bit when it comes to detailing just how insanely racist Elon's views are. In particular, I wish he'd spent more time discussing Elon's obsession with white birth rates, and I wish he'd brought up Elon's recent tweet about how "women in the West" are brainwashed into being pro-choice because they're "taught that an accidental pregnancy is the worst thing that could possibly happen to them".

They can always do a second episode on Musk, and probably will.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
he got swirlied at school so hard his hair came off

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

teen witch posted:

Why the laundry detergent

When I was in scouts some of the older adult volunteers would bring an empty detergent bottle like that when they were camping, especially in the winter. To pee in. So they wouldn't have to go out in the night.

It's a poop sock, is what I'm saying

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Then we'd have more black Mozarts and we all know Musk wouldn't want that

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
For real though for the not terminally online, Musk is the genius that is invented electric cars, cheap space travel and is the richest man ever because of his big brain

There's a lot of years of public brainwashing to clear up before the general population realize what an idiot he is. Just my opinion anyway

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

All the NYC parkways really. The "low overpasses" thing was a feature of all Robert Moses' aesthetically lovely little tree-lined bucolic roads into the burbs which coincidentally prevented buses from getting to the beaches or the mountain parks or anywhere outside the central city.

It's a bit more complex because ostensibly the real goal was to bar trucking traffic, but it just so happened to prohibit buses too, which, ohhh what a shame.

Yeah, his comments were so infuriating for anyone living in New York. I wanted to grab him by the collar and scream "ROBERT MOSES YOU IDIOT!"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Aramis posted:

You can only have a single Hitler operating at any given time, so more people means worse Hitlers rather than more Hitlers. As long as we don't hit the population threshold where we have to deal with The Mule, we should be ok.
Law of Conservation of Hitlers. The more Hitlers there are surrounding the hero, they easier they are to punch out and stuff in a closet.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
We can’t properly feed or manage a human population of 8 billion and these guys want to bump it up more than 100-fold? A thousand Mozarts would probably go unnoticed amongst the piles of the dead and dying.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
gee, i wonder why these guys want a world where people would feel grateful to work in a sweatshop for pennies a day

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The last week tonight piece is pretty good considering they have limited time and our building from an audience of people who know about Elon generally. It’s easy to remember in this thread that we have been following this saga daily since October of last year with five+ notable items a week.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
We made too many Mozarts, have to eject a couple from earth to make room for pianos.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Netflix has apparently unpaused their advertisements on X.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Almost Smart posted:

We can’t properly feed or manage a human population of 8 billion and these guys want to bump it up more than 100-fold? A thousand Mozarts would probably go unnoticed amongst the piles of the dead and dying.

Obviously the Mozarts will just eat the piles of dead and dying.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
John Oliver is, as the youthes would say, "is cringe"

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Densely packed Motzarts

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

yook posted:

We made too many Mozarts, have to eject a couple from earth to make room for pianos.

There's just too many Mozarts

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There are thousands of Mozarts today pissing into jugs at Amazon warehouses to stay alive

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Also wouldn't 1000 Mozarts defeat the point of a Mozart? Like the whole reason Mozart is Mozart (and why someone like Shakespeare was Shakespeare) is because his work stood out from the general background noise of slop based on its quality. If you have 1000 people all producing Mozart quality material all at once that that simply becomes the baseline and while that seems good on its head, you quickly introduce the Incredibles problem where if everything is an amazing work of art, then suddenly nothing is.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

nine-gear crow posted:

Also wouldn't 1000 Mozart defeat the point of a Mozart? Like the whole reason Mozart is Mozart (and why someone like Shakespeare was Shakespeare) is because his work stood out from the general background noise of slop based on its quality. If you have 1000 people all producing Mozart quality material all at once that that simply becomes the baseline and while that seems good on its head, you quickly introduce the Incredible problem where if everything is an amazing work of art, then suddenly nothing is.

That doesn't sound like a real problem. No one ever says "I can't stand it, there's just too much beauty in the world!"

Not to imply that Musk is in any way right about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

Also wouldn't 1000 Mozarts defeat the point of a Mozart? Like the whole reason Mozart is Mozart (and why someone like Shakespeare was Shakespeare) is because his work stood out from the general background noise of slop based on its quality. If you have 1000 people all producing Mozart quality material all at once that that simply becomes the baseline and while that seems good on its head, you quickly introduce the Incredibles problem where if everything is an amazing work of art, then suddenly nothing is.

I'm from the tesla gigafactory and I say kill em all