Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/charlesadler/status/1736738572504637578?t=feOOR8EUvLRioD-DfJbDQQ&s=19

Sure thing we're not an oppressor. We just give unreserved support to ethnic cleansing and half the country throws a shitfit when we vote for the most lame duck non-binding call for a ceasefire.

It honestly baffles me how so many people can correctly call out shitheels in our government system and massive right wing bigots only to then turn around and cast a blind eye to suffering for which we're all complicit.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

quote:

The rally seemed to be linked to a Boycott Zara campaign, which included another demonstration on Friday at Eaton Centre as well as Yorkdale Shopping Centre and Ottawas Bayshore Shopping Centre

some people get real heated about fast fashion

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/charlesadler/status/1736738572504637578?t=feOOR8EUvLRioD-DfJbDQQ&s=19

Sure thing we're not an oppressor. We just give unreserved support to ethnic cleansing and half the country throws a shitfit when we vote for the most lame duck non-binding call for a ceasefire.

The Black Book of Canadian Foreign Policy

In contrast to the common opinion that Canadas primary role has been peacekeeper in several historic disputes, this study sheds light on several dark corners of the countrys foreign policy. From participation in the U.N. mission that killed Patrice Lumumba in the Congo to support for South African apartheid, Zionism, and the U.S. wars in Vietnam as well as Iraq and Afghanistan today, this investigation provides a comprehensive critique of how Canadian foreign policy is not independent but solidly linked with that of the United States.

:thunk:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I really feel like targeting retail chains like Zara or Indigo who are, can I say, at least one degree of separation away from the Israel Palestine conflict is a confusing and ineffective strategy by activists.

Picket outside the consulate or a weapons manufacturer, sure. But if it takes more than 10 words to explain why you're there, you've already lost half the population.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Frosted Flake posted:

The Black Book of Canadian Foreign Policy

In contrast to the common opinion that Canadas primary role has been peacekeeper in several historic disputes, this study sheds light on several dark corners of the countrys foreign policy. From participation in the U.N. mission that killed Patrice Lumumba in the Congo to support for South African apartheid, Zionism, and the U.S. wars in Vietnam as well as Iraq and Afghanistan today, this investigation provides a comprehensive critique of how Canadian foreign policy is not independent but solidly linked with that of the United States.

:thunk:

Yves Engler is one of the better voices in Canadian media. Gonna check this out, thanks for the recommendation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Another Bill posted:

I really feel like targeting retail chains like Zara or Indigo who are, can I say, at least one degree of separation away from the Israel Palestine conflict is a confusing and ineffective strategy by activists.

Picket outside the consulate or a weapons manufacturer, sure. But if it takes more than 10 words to explain why you're there, you've already lost half the population.

I agree that it's kind of a dumb place to protest for the same reason that I think climate activists vandalizing art galleries is exceptionally stupid. Moreso I was talking about how someone like Charles Adler can correctly call out bigotry from right wingers but then a dumb protest inside the Eaton Centre is suddenly the end of democracy and requires extensive handwringing.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Dec 18, 2023

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Another Bill posted:

BDS is probably the only example of a boycotting movement that is actually effective. how do I know its effective? in certain states in the land of the free, the ones where they most value their free speech, it is against the law to support BDS.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I've been reading more about the Fench Revolution lately and this has just been baked into liberalism from the start. Thermidor is just libs alienating everyone to both the left and right and then wondering why no one likes them.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Indigo is being targeted because Heather Reisman founded a charity to support foreign IDF volunteers, it's barely half a step away from the conflict.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And they're tracking down individuals who protested the Indigo store to destroy their careers. I worked for Indigo, met Reisman once at one of those cultish all-staff meetings and she gave me bad vibes ever since. She can absolutely go gently caress herself and take the cop hitsquad targeting protesters with her.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Indigo is being targeted because Heather Reisman founded a charity to support foreign IDF volunteers, it's barely half a step away from the conflict.

We both know that.

How many news articles spelled that out vs how many repeated the police line that it was a hate motivated crime?

Any successful action has to cut through the media filter, because it will always defer to authority and capital.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imo there's a world of difference between protesting Indigo because the billionaire owner spends millions of dollars a year incentivizing mercenaries to join the IDF and protesting Zara because people think a photo shoot filmed in September happened to resemble the ruins of Gaza

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

another bill calling for civility amongst protestors against an apartheid state actively committing a genocide was not on my canpol 2023 bingo card.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ZShakespeare posted:

another bill calling for civility amongst protestors against an apartheid state actively committing a genocide was not on my canpol 2023 bingo card.

Yeah, that's what I was doing. :rolleyes:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

we need to workshop Black Lives Matter, I mean All lives matter is right there. The messaging isnt with right and the media will rat gently caress us.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Any other things I didn't say that you'd like to attribute to me? Because I'm going for lunch in 10.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Another Bill posted:

Any other things I didn't say that you'd like to attribute to me? Because I'm going for lunch in 10.

Another Bill spilling Otani's private flight to Toronto ruined the Jay's chances at getting him

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Another Bill loudtalking about his new real estate deal in the works in the greenbelt at the Lakeview Diner ruined our hopes for two stairwells in new developments into the future

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What is your point here, Bill? The media/police are going to deliberately misinterpret this protest, okay. So what's the alternative? Protest outside her lavish home, wherever it is? Send out a pointed email instead?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Another Bill disrespected the Michaels on CityPulse last night, causing widespread panic in Hog Town

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

What is your point here, Bill? The media/police are going to deliberately misinterpret this protest, okay. So what's the alternative? Protest outside her lavish home, wherever it is? Send out a pointed email instead?

I'M NOT FINISHED :argh:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Another Bill posted:

I think I summed it up pretty concisely?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

sure, what we're doing is counterproductive in an entirely predictable way, but what were we SUPPOSED to do? something with a clear message???

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

sure, what we're doing is counterproductive in an entirely predictable way, but what were we SUPPOSED to do? something with a clear message???

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

In the battle of public opinion sometimes you must consider the public.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I consider the public to be a menace.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Another Bill posted:

Yeah except you didn't address how calling Reismann's charity "a step removed from the conflict" made no sense at all.

https://twitter.com/LevittMichael/status/1725126718107599115

Literally none of those slogans are more than 10 words long!

And you heard similar bullshit defending the statue of that Ukrainian Nazi that was vandalized while on sanctified private property, including threats of legal action. Was that also a counterproductive protest?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Another Bill posted:

antisemites a protesting smol bean Jewish businesses!

Another Bill posted:

Picket outside the consulate or a weapons manufacturer, sure.

antisemites are protesting smol bean Jewish nation states and the brave heroes defending them!

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

its like you havent been paying attention to anything the media has been saying!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Protesting Indigo for IDF ties makes perfect sense even (especially?) if disingenuous podcast hosts take exception.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

more like Another Lib

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

In the battle of public opinion sometimes you must consider the public.

The idea that political change is driven by PR/public opinion is a falsehood of liberal capitalism

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

indigo: "owner supports idf soldiers"

e: i should have read more first, sorry if i made you feel picked on bill

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Another Bill posted:

nah you're an idiot

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Muscle Tracer posted:

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Get yourself out of the headspace that positive PR is the same as winning or is necessary for winning

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Speaking of Engler, we as citizens paid for HESEG (the idf lone soldier charity) , so we have a stakeholder's right to protest Reisman:

https://yvesengler.com/2023/12/05/reisman-should-not-get-tax-credit-for-funding-israel-army/

quote:

But the Israel lobby/media/police/York University abuse isn’t the main outrage in this affair. It is that the public has given around $40 million in tax credits to Reisman and her husband for the $100+ million they have donated to a registered charity they established to assist the Israeli occupation force even though Canada Revenue Agency rules preclude supporting another country’s military.

Indigo should also be destroyed because its a warehouse of garbage knickknacks and has a terrible board game selection

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
wow starbucks is getting ready for halloween 2024 really early with this cup of blood thing they're doing

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
if we'd said "all lives matter" when we were saying "black lives matter" then the critics would have said "agreed, all lives matter, what are you even protesting?" like you can't loving win with these clowns. either you water your message down to meaninglessness or you have to say poo poo they will object to.

so yeah, if not for "from the river to the sea" then people would figure out a way to say "free palestine" is antisemetic oh wait they loving do anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

dti