Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

um actually :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol: at that huge dip proving we could absolutely reduce homelessness by a lot and are choosing every day to just not do that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: at that huge dip proving we could absolutely reduce homelessness by a lot and are choosing every day to just not do that

literally had these loving monsters claiming they cut child poverty in half and doing superbowl end zone dance over it on tv and then whistling and walking away when they let those programs expire

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

I was curious about '20 vs '21 - "The one-night counts are conducted by CoCs nationwide and occur during the last week in January of each year." So a week after Biden was sworn in.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I was curious about '20 vs '21 - "The one-night counts are conducted by CoCs nationwide and occur during the last week in January of each year." So a week after Biden was sworn in.

So Trump had solved homelessness and Biden brought it back?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
it turns out when landlords can't legally evict you and you're getting money from the government, it's a lot easier to have a place to live

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

it turns out when landlords can't legally evict you and you're getting money from the government, it's a lot easier to have a place to live

Sounds like communism. We need to end the lockdowns.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I was listening to last week's episode of This American Life and the last segment was about the border. What was unexpected was that it was about how the border workers expected Biden to reverse Trump's policies and didn't despite explicit campaign promises to do so (even playing the clip of him saying it), how once the administration wrote its own policy it was worse than Trump's, and featured quotes like "The Democrats don't call them 'shithole countries'. They treat them that way but they don't say it."

When NPR and TAL is making GBS threads on the dems you know their prospects are dim

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

ClassActionFursuit posted:

"The Democrats don't call them 'shithole countries'. They treat them that way but they don't say it."

and that's the most important part

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Thank you for proving that the stupid loving proles just don't understand how the economy works. Thankfully, our betters are here to tell us that 5 is bigger than 6.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

really queer Christmas posted:

Thank you for proving that the stupid loving proles just don't understand how the economy works. Thankfully, our betters are here to tell us that 5 is bigger than 6.

These dumbass voters don't even know that the 2nd derivative of prices is down this month how do these assholes even manage to put shoes on the right feet

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol that poll is so loving dumb

the first question, is that going off of the inflation numbers that don't include food or gas or housing? And like not everyone got a new job this year, I got a decent raise but it's already been eaten up by increases in insurance premiums, property taxes, repaying student loans etc

the second question is about the rate of inflation. no one gives a poo poo if the rate that inflation changes is positive or negative, prices are still going up you ding dongs

the third one, yeah no poo poo that's what happens when housing prices skyrocket. on paper I'm much wealthier now because the value of my house is inflated but it's harder to afford things today than it was in 2019.

the last two are completely subjective lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

the second question is about the rate of inflation. no one gives a poo poo if the rate that inflation changes is positive or negative, prices are still going up you ding dongs

Even if inflation had completely stopped, the complaint is that the prices are too high now.

spacemang_spliff posted:

the third one, yeah no poo poo that's what happens when housing prices skyrocket. on paper I'm much wealthier now because the value of my house is inflated but it's harder to afford things today than it was in 2019.

While this is all true I'd also mention that yes, I was far wealthier after the pandemic than before, in other words I got wealthier from, let's just say 2016 to 2020. The weird thing is that from 2020 to 2023, I got less wealthy...

Using that metric, I wonder if there is some choice I could make to make things in the future more like 2016-2020 and less like 2020 to now?

spacemang_spliff posted:

the last two are completely subjective lol

Actually the third one isn't subjective at all. It's literally math, and someone on a median income can afford a better lifestyle today than a year ago because median income increased 4.5% vs a 3.2% inflation rate. However the two previous years, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022, median income dropped 2.2 and 2.3% respectively and in those two years inflation was about 8 and 7 percent respectively.

So yes, over the last single year those on a median income are better. Over the last three years, those on a median income are far, far worse off.

Of course the fourth one starts at the tail end of the GHWB recession, and most of the gains were from 1993-2007.

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Dec 16, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

<:mad:>

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

well now it would just be rude if you didn't donate to help protect our fave's seat

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Thank you, Bernie, for giving my email address to the P2 Lodge

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Thank you, Bernie, for giving my email address to the P2 Lodge

yeah this is almost certainly what happened. i got the bernie 'fight the power' poster and that's the only donation i've ever given in my life

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

i say swears online posted:

yeah this is almost certainly what happened. i got the bernie 'fight the power' poster and that's the only donation i've ever given in my life

Turning over his donor and volunteer list was a term of his negotiated concession.
the clinton campaign which dominated the primaries more easily gave more up and got less from bernie lmao

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
My favorite part was them expecting the Bernie donations to keep pace once they became Clinton donations

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Coolness Averted posted:

Turning over his donor and volunteer list was a term of his negotiated concession.
the clinton campaign which dominated the primaries more easily gave more up and got less from bernie lmao

did he get anything from biden besides an immediately forgotten "oh yeah we'll totally move left on some stuff"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

did he get anything from biden besides an immediately forgotten "oh yeah we'll totally move left on some stuff"

they didn't shoot him with the heart attack gun, again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he got to please his good friend joe biden. what more of a reward could he possibly need?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:sickos:

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/1736778479457214765

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he got to please his good friend joe biden. what more of a reward could he possibly need?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
genocidin' biden is a dogshit candidate and human that is going to get trump back in office lmfao

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I am practically a single issue voter and my issue is housing affordability. Biden has failed miserably to bring the cost of housing down. Democrats have been failing at this for decades.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If it had'n been for Genocide Joe
I'd been married long time ago

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LuxuryLarva posted:

I am practically a single issue voter and my issue is housing affordability. Biden has failed miserably to bring the cost of housing down. Democrats have been failing at this for decades.

It's such a big problem that even the HIV foundation has made rent control an issue they campaign and donate towards in the past few years -and in response Dem operatives are writing hitpieces about "And yet the foundation is also a landlord, curious"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i'm the joeker baby

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

LuxuryLarva posted:

I'm a multi-issue voter and Joe Biden and the democrats have failed on all of them.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I'm a multi-issue voter and Joe Biden and the democrats have failed on all of them.

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe

Actually the third one isn't subjective at all. It's literally math, and someone on a median income can afford a better lifestyle today than a year ago because median income increased 4.5% vs a 3.2% inflation rate. However the two previous years, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022, median income dropped 2.2 and 2.3% respectively and in those two years inflation was about 8 and 7 percent respectively.

So yes, over the last single year those on a median income are better. Over the last three years, those on a median income are far, far worse off.

Of course the fourth one starts at the tail end of the GHWB recession, and most of the gains were from 1993-2007.

lmao, life style improvement is literally subjective and not math at all ya dingus because it is based on the subjective concept of CPI in that article.

That 3.2% inflation is a number that is not objective. It is based on assumptions of quality adjustments which may or may not be true, and it is weighted in a way that is 100% subjective and has changed over the time. You are also making the common mistake of confusing what CPI is measuring. CPI is trying to measure the relative amount of money being spent relative to goods produced. It is not trying to measure the ability of someone to buy the things they require or the quality of life of what someone can afford.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
look at this dumbass brain damaged ogre, who supports this garbage party

https://twitter.com/vinn_ayy/status/1736813297935298662

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
you can read that multiple ways and they all are correct

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Actually the third one isn't subjective at all. It's literally math, and someone on a median income can afford a better lifestyle today than a year ago because median income increased 4.5% vs a 3.2% inflation rate.

This isn't even true, though, because the things that make up larger portions of spending for the working class (namely housing and food) have had their price increase at a higher rate than is reflected by the official inflation rate (and thus factored into "real wage" calculations).

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Actually the third one isn't subjective at all.

it is subjective, because "a better lifestyle" is entirely subjective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Democrats have always been destroyed.

https://twitter.com/jhweissmann/status/1736713232432116210