Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
My favorite form of simple "juicing" is taking Wandering Path so small nodes are doubled, Stream of Consciousness so you don't have to gently caress with Scarabs and just get more content, and take all the "maps have increased modifiers" nodes at the top of the tree to get 60% increased map mods (you probably know this, but for new players reading this that increases all the monster mods but also scales the quant/rarity/pack size as well). I then just use whatever sextant mods pop up.

All you have to micromanage are your actual map mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Can someone advise me on some simple map juicing strat? I can run juiced-ish T16s without issue. What I'm hoping people will tell me is their favorite combination of atlas mods, map items (e.g. scarabs), and good maps to run for currency farming.

Simpler is better, like for example buying X scarabs in bulk, alching and go.

Run dunes, with legion, div cards and shrines.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Splitting Steel feels so good. I'm level 66 now and got the two swords for the build. Every upgrade is substantial. Now I burst in and fill the screen with shrapnel. Just have to run my 2nd and 3rd labs so I stop getting stunlocked.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LifeLynx posted:

Splitting Steel feels so good. I'm level 66 now and got the two swords for the build. Every upgrade is substantial. Now I burst in and fill the screen with shrapnel. Just have to run my 2nd and 3rd labs so I stop getting stunlocked.

I just finished the last lab which gets you "banner skills have no reservation" & lets you cram Grace in there and it's awesome, super tanky with very respectable damage. Only thing I don't like is sometimes you end up in an awkward spot where your projectiles are bouncing off level geometry the wrong way & you have to shuffle around to change your angle to get the Long Shot bonus and make your damage not suck. Overall though I am cruising.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Sorry friends I don’t do build guides for how to beat the campaign. That’s your problem.

I leveled with a widowhail, hyrri’s quiver, and rain of arrows using a full set of twink gear. Then at 62 I put on a tulfall and destroyed everything till 70 and put all my gear and gems on.

Currently at 92 on the jugg, in the next 3 levels I should pick up another 100% crit multi. Still using flasks from level 40 and a small mana potion I’ve literally never taken off since character creation. Build should be fully fleshed out in a day or so. It’s real good for t16 alch-n-go with some modest juice.

Have you had a look at precursors emblems? Some juicy stuff on some of them, lots of different ones to choose from. Also surgebinders would give 70% spell and 70% elemental damage, worth it?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Can someone advise me on some simple map juicing strat? I can run juiced-ish T16s without issue. What I'm hoping people will tell me is their favorite combination of atlas mods, map items (e.g. scarabs), and good maps to run for currency farming.

I really like Harvest strats early on. My go to when I'm in your position is to run Wandering Path, Growing Hordes, with all the small harvest nodes for lifeforce doubling and chance of harvest, and enough map sustain stuff to get 100% connected drops and 100% chance for one tier higher. I'll add the nodes that make yellow juice more likely if it's much more expensive but right now they're all about the same. I start with only a few of the top hat nodes and add more as I gain power. The rest of the nodes can go to other mechanics that scale well with pack size and have ok small nodes, more map sustain to sell t16s, or altars of your choice. Beyond and delirium are pretty alright as far as mechanics go but I tend to go with blue altars and aim for quant whenever I can. I buy like 100 of the cheapest rusted scarab, favorite a map I enjoy that's adjacent to a valuable map, and slam them out selling the valuable connected maps. Later on you can add sextants to force the harvest if you want, or to force a certain juice colour, and then reinvest the saved points into other mechanics. If you invest a lot into sustain you can also end up running only 8 mod corrupted maps and selling the rest, which is pretty solid. Quite a few people have talked about this strategy in this thread if you search "harvest wandering path."

Maxroll has a similar but a bit lower investment and a bit easier strat on their site here:

https://maxroll.gg/poe/currency/alch-and-go-harvest-currency-strategy

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
So I am still working through the atlas and just killed story exarch and he dropped a profane bloom forbidden flame. And apparently there's almost none on the market. But the other half of that is only a few divines. So it's time to see if they sell for 21 divines

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Don't be like me and only realize after fully leveling two characters that the wildwood +30 movement speed was in addition to the speed on your boots instead of a replacement. Embrace +130% movement speed while you can.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

blue juice good

icecastle
Jun 9, 2008

theshim posted:

blue juice good

nice chaos orb

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
After looking for him forever again for the last quest I finally find the king and he breaks 2/3rds of the way through the fight. He just stops and is invincible. The end. Time to do another eternity of looking

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Would love some advice on how to improve my build dps: https://pobb.in/elAo4emJDm_A

My only idea for a big power jump is shavs, letting me replace Traitor with Inner Conviction. Juggling resists would be a bit annoying for that though. I've been saving up to get mistwalker flame/flesh but barring occasional oneshots I feel quite tanky, especially with 2300 es leech and >100% ele recoup. So it might be worth switching my priorities.

Also considering switching ascendancy and maybe even going for a non-trigger thing like power siphon trickster or the like. But projectile gearing is always so expensive and my rear end is poor.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

theshim posted:

blue juice good

8 chance orbs, gawd daym

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theshim posted:

blue juice good

Oh nice a cortex drop

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

nerox
May 20, 2001
It was no mirror drop, but I got an eldritch pack as soon as I entered a map yesterday with the 3.7% for a mob to drop a divine orb mod. I got 13 raw divine drops in a single map and the drop sound dopamine rush was going the entire map.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Have you had a look at precursors emblems? Some juicy stuff on some of them, lots of different ones to choose from. Also surgebinders would give 70% spell and 70% elemental damage, worth it?

Surgebinders are indeed a boatload of damage, and it’s fairly easy to get them with a spell crit corruption to boot. However, you’re going to be starving for resists and other stats being so unique heavy. If you can pull it off or have a lower risk tolerance than I do, go for it. They’re really great.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Is the King’s fortress associated with a certain wisp color?

Edit: found a good guide to finding him and the fight

https://youtu.be/X0c0X7_8014?si=ZV6WyOeuM2aD2m8N

whydirt fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 18, 2023

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Vasudus posted:

Surgebinders are indeed a boatload of damage, and it’s fairly easy to get them with a spell crit corruption to boot. However, you’re going to be starving for resists and other stats being so unique heavy. If you can pull it off or have a lower risk tolerance than I do, go for it. They’re really great.

Idk if you have space in your tree, but you can get jewels with +10% all res, +10% dual res, and they aren’t that expensive. That and a bismuth flask with all-res layered on can make up a huge gap.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm actually using Surgebinders on my character, but I don't think that's necessarily a good idea. Literally my only items with flat life are my rings (both with crafted life) so despite having a pretty large amount of %increased life, I still haven't broken 4k at 91. It's another big chunk of damage, but I'm honestly not sure you need it, or that it's worth giving up that much bulk.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Consider this chest if you are lacking life in every slot.
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Utula%27s_Hunger

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I allocated Singular Focus but still got a non-favored map drop in my map (not a Kirac mission map or anything either). Anyone knows why that is?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does not apply to map rewards iirc. Like in delve (remember delve ?)

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Consider this chest if you are lacking life in every slot.
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Utula%27s_Hunger
Running Replica Covenant for Even More Damage or that might be a good idea :v:

e: also I would need 6 off colors on that :ohdear:

theshim fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 18, 2023

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

euphronius posted:

Does not apply to map rewards iirc. Like in delve (remember delve ?)

Aha, makes sense. Was from a strongbox probably.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

had to slay the king of the mists. sorry sir. your people need you and nobody really needs me I just do it to gain power and for myself and for the love of the game. wish this crazy world didn't lock such great benefits behind your death . R.I.M.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Sorry friends I don’t do build guides for how to beat the campaign. That’s your problem.

I leveled with a widowhail, hyrri’s quiver, and rain of arrows using a full set of twink gear. Then at 62 I put on a tulfall and destroyed everything till 70 and put all my gear and gems on.

Currently at 92 on the jugg, in the next 3 levels I should pick up another 100% crit multi. Still using flasks from level 40 and a small mana potion I’ve literally never taken off since character creation. Build should be fully fleshed out in a day or so. It’s real good for t16 alch-n-go with some modest juice.

I’d be interested in seeing your actual pob if you’re willing. I’m just getting to maps on a jugg using your outline and wondering about some minor stuff

Btw this build looks like a monster, thanks for showcasing it

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

So having spent about 20 hours playing this past week, thought I would do a brain dump of my thoughts about the game so far.

-I really, really like the moment to moment gameplay. Clicking mobs feels good, the pace feels good, packs of mobs are everywhere and also seem to give good experience. Just really enjoyable overall
-I have noticed that I do feel more powerful as I progress, much more so than in D4. Again, I'm running a Toxic Rain league starter, and just got to the point where I now set up some toxic ballistae to go alongside me and things just melt.
-The passive tree isn't as intimidating as I thought it would be (although following the guide certainly helps). Basically, it seems like you pick a goal and then go for the nodes that enable that, which I realize sounds incredibly obvious but that tree does look pretty intimidating at first glance.
-I am sure that if I took the time, I would enjoy the story that seems to be there. But it is incredibly difficult for me to want to slow down and read everything when there are packs of monsters to kill.
-Loot filters are extremely helpful, especially as someone so new. Having an indication that "Hey jackass pick this up" is very nice, same for "Ignore me, I'm worthless".
-Investing early on in a currency stash tab was an excellent decision, as was a gem tab. Keeping my storage organized is a whole minigame for me, these help immensely
-Oh my god I get to decorate a home base that alone will add several hundred hours

I do have a couple of questions:

-I've gotten a few corrupted items from somewhere (armor as well as Vaal gems). From my reading around, it looks like a corrupted item just has different (more powerful?) affixes on them, while gems have a secondary ability that you need souls for? There isn't a downside to using them, is there?
-Should I be identifying things that I know I'm going to sell, or does it not matter? I haven't been, unless it's something that I feel might be outdated and in need of replacement.
-Am I gimping myself by not being in a guild?
-While I'm sure it exists somewhere, I haven't seen any advertisements for RMT stuff in the global chat. Is this a game where they actually moderate these things? If so, can I give them a list of other games to moderate please?

Overall, having now started to figure it out, I can absolutely see why it is so popular and how it has had the longevity it has. I'm really glad I finally took the time to give it a fair shot. Halfway through Act 4 and loving it!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Ruggan posted:

Im doing expedition/legion farming with legion scarabs and frankly making GBS threads out currency.

Does need a build that can fill the screen with bullshit like this scourge arrow balliista pathfinder does

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
PoB finally got updated to support (most) Transfigured gems :woop:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

A Real Horse posted:

-I've gotten a few corrupted items from somewhere (armor as well as Vaal gems). From my reading around, it looks like a corrupted item just has different (more powerful?) affixes on them, while gems have a secondary ability that you need souls for? There isn't a downside to using them, is there?

Corrupted on its own changes nothing except adding the Corrupted tag; no stronger affixes, etc, though it does stop you from modifying it with most currency.

Some methods of corrupting items will add benefits like replacing implicits with potentially good options. Items that drop corrupted may have this already applied.

A corrupted gem has no benefit whatsoever. A Vaal gem on the other hand, has the extra ability. All Vaal gems are corrupted, but not all corrupted gems are Vaal gems.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

A Real Horse posted:

-Should I be identifying things that I know I'm going to sell, or does it not matter? I haven't been, unless it's something that I feel might be outdated and in need of replacement.
-While I'm sure it exists somewhere, I haven't seen any advertisements for RMT stuff in the global chat. Is this a game where they actually moderate these things? If so, can I give them a list of other games to moderate please?

Overall, having now started to figure it out, I can absolutely see why it is so popular and how it has had the longevity it has. I'm really glad I finally took the time to give it a fair shot. Halfway through Act 4 and loving it!

Corrupted items means it can't be modified, mainly. There are some clever ways around some of those things (tainted oil lets you annoint, the crafting bench can let you change sockets and links, etc). Corrupting an item (using a vaal orb or a few other methods) has various potential outcomes depending on the item type, but generally it's either:
- item poofs
- Item is rerolled to a rare item
- Nothing, just gets the "corrupted tag"
- Add an implicit

Adding the implicit is the cool part for items. What they can be depends the item type.

Vaal gems give you abilities that need souls, yep. Corrupting a 20/20 gem can also make it lvl 21 and quality 23, but also bad things.

There's a lot of things with Corrupted and Vaal orbs, but those are the high level basics, but note there's a ton of "but actuaaaallllly" caveats to it all, depending on a lot of other things.

Identifying things you vendor changes what the vendor gives you for it. Unid stuff gets you transmutation shards, Id'd things give you alteration shards. 20 shards make the orb. This is part of the Vendor recipe system

The goon guild is mainly just chat, and people drop useful leveling gear in the stash. There's a guild hideout too, and I don't think I've ever once went there.

You can only be in one global chat channel at a time. Most goons hang out in 5555. It's extremely rare that a gold seller lands in there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

A Real Horse posted:

a couple of questions:

To add to what Magus said about Vaal gems: they do require souls to use, which come from kills or hitting rare/unique monsters. Most of them only store 1 use but some can store multiple, souls are tracked for each individual Vaal gem, during their activation there will be a period where they cannot gain souls (to prevent permanent uptime) and souls do not persist when changing zones (loading screen).

If by "sell" you mean "vendor", then you probably want to, as Alterations and Alchemys (which you can get shards of from selling ID'd items) are more valuable than Transmutes (what you get for selling un-ID'd gear). However, if an item would vendor for Chromatics/Jeweler's/Fusings then it doesn't matter if you ID it or not.

Being in the guild means having access to the guild stash, which can be helpful for levelling gear, but it's not mandatory by any means.

They do seem to be vigilant about that sort of thing. Also, turn of global chat and never venture into trade chat.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Question about the Trialmaster boss fight. I can stand AFK in thirty T16 Ultimatums in a row and be fine, but the two times that jerk has shown up to the last round I get him down to 75% life then I'm instantly deleted in a single hit. Not like quickly losing health, just one-tap for sure both times.

I have 50,205 Armour, converting 25% of phys taken to fire, 6500 ES, 90/90/90/CI for res. What in the hell is this guy hitting me with? Here's a table of his attacks:

https://poedb.tw/us/The_Trialmaster#TheTrialmasterTrialMasterBoss

I can't seem to find a machanics breakdown on YouTube either, just messy footage.

edit: OK I think I figured it out, I clicked "Monsters Overwhelm All Physical Damage Reduction" and it carries over to the boss fight. So if his base damage for an attack is 7329 physical damage, I assume I just takes that much off my ES? That would explain it.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 18, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Thatd do it. Although it wouldn't reconvert the physical to elemental damage, I don't think that's considered damage reduction. There are forms of non physical damage reduction you could use: sap, enfeeble, stuff that's generic (various ascendency traits). You could also pop molten shell/steelskin and still get that as extra hp.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

A Real Horse posted:

So having spent about 20 hours playing this past week, thought I would do a brain dump of my thoughts about the game so far.

-I am sure that if I took the time, I would enjoy the story that seems to be there. But it is incredibly difficult for me to want to slow down and read everything when there are packs of monsters to kill.

If you're cool with youtube, kitten cat noodle has an excellent series of videos on the lore. check this playlist, start at the bottom in act 1, or skip around to interesting figures. nice to have on in the background while playing.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVbBUf18CULLbx1-Uun8fTumMs32DnrVM

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

You can tell they put a lot of thought into the game lore. The game is even well voice acted.

I still don't know the ideal way to deliver that lore in this genre, when all I want to do is explode packs of angry cocaine crabs.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hooplah posted:

I’d be interested in seeing your actual pob if you’re willing. I’m just getting to maps on a jugg using your outline and wondering about some minor stuff

Btw this build looks like a monster, thanks for showcasing it

https://pobb.in/7guibl8OahZR

Still missing my third charm and screwing around with some gearing options. PoB does not support Ice Nova of Frostbolts properly yet.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

External Organs posted:

You can tell they put a lot of thought into the game lore. The game is even well voice acted.

I still don't know the ideal way to deliver that lore in this genre, when all I want to do is explode packs of angry cocaine crabs.

Right? If the text boxes would scroll faster I would be more apt to care. I will definitely check out that video though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fabulous cocaine explosion league is the best league of all time