Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

WhatEvil posted:

It's just that you would think that a $140bn company would have its poo poo together... if you had no experience of the world under capitalism.
For corporations, getting away with charging outrageous fees while providing outrageous service is the epitome of having your poo poo together

E: 55 contains an aliquot sum of 17. I’m not linking the Wikipedia page, you can look it up yourself. Merry Christmas! 👹

TACD fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Just as an FYI, we got word from our Freight partners that the big shipping companies are avoiding the Suez canal because of the attacks on cargo ships off Yemen.

It wont affect anything in the run up to Christmas, but pretty much all goods east of the Med will get an extra 4 weeks travel time. I'd say it would affect clothing & electronics goods the most so we might get delays.

The Evergiven was only stuck for 6 days, now a bunch of the biggest shipping companies have all stopped sending freight through there, for a longer period of time, this is going to be even worse in terms of sex arse shortages.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

can't wait for the frothing daily mail letters when Barry Jones, Nuneaton has to wait a bit longer for his aliexpress phone charger

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He had to write the letter because for obvious reasons he couldn't call into LBC about it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cannot believe that the Archbishop of York has not sided with Ali Abdullah Saleh in order to get my rubber sex bum here on time.

This is entirely down to Generation Z supporting Hamas.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Nenonen posted:

I'm glad that trans kids get to be used as a wedge issue in the next election, I'm sure this bodes well

it's fine, i'm sure that if we just keep on calmly stating our point of view that maybe we aren't going to drink your child's blood and turn them trans in reasoned debates with twenty people shouting "PENIS" then we will win in the marketplace of ideas and keir starmer will benevolently agree to maybe pin a trans flag to the wall of a disused store cupboard by 2030

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The Evergiven was only stuck for 6 days, now a bunch of the biggest shipping companies have all stopped sending freight through there, for a longer period of time, this is going to be even worse in terms of sex arse shortages.

This is not as severe because the canal is not closed and even for the companies that have announced that they will avoid it, their ships that are already past the Yemen coast will keep going. The Evergreen crisis was different in that the halt was abrupt, total and there was no information of when it would be cleared.

Although this time there's a chance that your lust bum will arrive with extra holes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

reasoned debates with twenty people shouting "PENIS"
The only upside is that 19 of them are
leering out of the side of an uber and getting a doner wrap all over themselves while claiming that they're being persecutionalated.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Nenonen posted:

This is not as severe because the canal is not closed and even for the companies that have announced that they will avoid it, their ships that are already past the Yemen coast will keep going. The Evergreen crisis was different in that the halt was abrupt, total and there was no information of when it would be cleared.

Although this time there's a chance that your lust bum will arrive with extra holes.

Yeah but it can go on longer. Would they rather have the canal completely closed for 6 days where they know the problem is being dug out, or essentially half-closed for months while knowing that could keep getting extended?

That's the kinda thing that can result in people winding down production, because where do you warehouse all these sex arses? Just In Time doesn't do warehousing.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Just as an FYI, we got word from our Freight partners that the big shipping companies are avoiding the Suez canal because of the attacks on cargo ships off Yemen.

It wont affect anything in the run up to Christmas, but pretty much all goods east of the Med will get an extra 4 weeks travel time. I'd say it would affect clothing & electronics goods the most so we might get delays.

Finally they stopped the boats

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Yeah but it can go on longer.
Vulcanized lust buttock defenders take position abreast the critical crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGUel70BfgY

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tigey posted:

Your sex arse is now in Rwanda

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Live Aid but it's just to send sex toys to Rwanda.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thread title is now the Edwardian Tabloid version of that.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Do they know it's sex-arse time at all?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's thicc rear end time, there's no need to be afraid.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Me, after wandering through jungle for months and finally setting my eyes on a familiar figure:

"Dr. Lustbum, I presume?"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“And there won’t be snow in Africa this Christmas.
The greatest gift they’ll get this year is our Sex Arses”

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Vulcanized lust buttock defenders take position abreast the critical crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGUel70BfgY

This scene in that film where the elite para dies while retreiving a crucial supply drop but it turns out to be a supply of berets, imagine that it's sex arses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG3f9d-OhZU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Yeah but it can go on longer. Would they rather have the canal completely closed for 6 days where they know the problem is being dug out, or essentially half-closed for months while knowing that could keep getting extended?

That's the kinda thing that can result in people winding down production, because where do you warehouse all these sex arses? Just In Time doesn't do warehousing.

Sell them to the US carrier group stuck out there on extended deployment. I'm sure the Navy could appreciate a load of arse.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tigey posted:

Rishi: STOP THE BOATS

Yemeni rebels: :getin:

Rishi: NOT LIKE THAT

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Water companies are using up to 28% of their income from customers to make interest payments on their enormous debts, because of course they are:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/dec/18/water-firms-use-up-to-28-percent-of-bill-payments-to-service-debt-in-areas-of-england

quote:

Stanley Root, a former audit partner, with 29 years’ experience at one of the Big Four accountancy firms, disagreed with the mortgage comparison: “A house is a once- or twice-in-a-lifetime purchase for most people. They take out a mortgage because the cost of a house far exceeds their salary.

“Water companies take out loans every year … even when their annual income is more than enough to fund investment in building new assets. This is because they need to pay dividends to shareholders.”

A better analogy, he said, was “a person who is given a credit card with a big credit limit”, and chooses to pay a recurring cost like repairs from their card.

“They could pay for the regular annual repairs to their house out of their income […] but they pay for the repairs to their house with their credit card and use their income to pay for a luxury holiday in the Caribbean.”

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Z the IVth posted:

Sell them to the US carrier group stuck out there on extended deployment. I'm sure the Navy could appreciate a load of arse.

That's what the barrel is for.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This scene in that film where the elite para dies while retreiving a crucial supply drop but it turns out to be a supply of berets, imagine that it's sex arses:
You know, Harry, I always wanted to ask you, but why do you always carry that thing with you? :dong:

Pistol_Pete posted:

Water companies are using up to 28% of their income from customers to make interest payments on their enormous debts, because of course they are:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/dec/18/water-firms-use-up-to-28-percent-of-bill-payments-to-service-debt-in-areas-of-england
Well at least they're not using it to cover for putting literal poo poo and piss in everyone's water table

oh... they're also doing that on top too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Saw ofgem are suggesting the price cap can go up £16 next April so energy companies can afford to write off the 2 billion in bad debt.

I'm pretty sure if they didn't pay dividends they could do that without raising the price.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They didn't split up National Grid Electricity Transmission and the Electricity System Operator into the profitable one and the loss making one so that they could rinse you on bills and keep paying dividends to shareholders for no reason.

(That was the reason :ssh:)

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

You know, Harry, I always wanted to ask you, but why do you always carry that thing with you? :dong:

Knew no Jerry would carry a black sex arse. Had to prove I was an Englishman, you see.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

hosed up that Generation Zed/Zee forced the wokesters at the Vatican, the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, and the Archbishopric of Canterbury to make up all of this stuff about the IDF bombing a convent and sniping at nuns on Gaudete Sunday.

It was the Archbishop of Westminster (the RC one). Can't see anything from the Archbishop of Canterbury (the CofE one) who is a tory.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

Most. Efficient. Way. Of. Distributing. Resources.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It was the Archbishop of Westminster (the RC one). Can't see anything from the Archbishop of Canterbury (the CofE one) who is a tory.
He forwarded Cardinal Nichols and Pizzaballa's messages that what happened was an atrocity, which at least looks as though he's taking a position on it.

The IDF may have gone a bit too far on this one even by their own metrics.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pizzaballa :discourse:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

My UPS story: I booked my phone in with Apple for a new battery during the lockdown, and got an email saying "UPS will pick up your phone with a special box. Under no circumstances must you pack your phone inside anything, or it WILL be rejected!!!"

UPS sub-sub-contractor (guy in a van) turns up, looks at my bare iPhone like "wtf am I supposed to do with that?", goes away again while I sort it out with Apple.

Spent a few days going back and forth with Apple support (guy in his bedroom in England), escalated to a manager (guy in his bedroom in Ireland), none of them had any idea how to make these two ideas work together.

I just gave up in the end.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I can't wait for Scotland to cede the crown so that we can watch Charles get yeeted out of Balmoral

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kecske posted:

how dare you

that's Primate and Patriarch Pierbattista Pizzaballa to you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierbattista_Pizzaballa

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Diet Crack posted:

I can't wait for Scotland to cede the crown so that we can watch Charles get yeeted out of Balmoral
"I've got the True Protestant Crown and nobody will ever find me in Spitsbergen" is the more likely outcome for the Billy Boy king.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The evil fiends:

https://x.com/Ostrov_A/status/1736814566326071340?s=20

Jewish beards:

Amish beards:

ZZtop beards:

Viking beards:

Hipster beard:

Ranulph Fiennes beard:

Btw one of the guys in the hostage photo voluntarily drives Palestinian kids to hospital on the Israel side of the border. He's probably safer where he is. Can't have a Pal sympathizer being allowed to reenter Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tom Cruise beard: