Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
FWIW, I thought assembling the X-wing was a much bigger pain in the rear end than the Y-wing. The gribbly bits snap into place, whereas fighting with the laser cannons on the X-wing was one of the worst Bandai experiences I've had.

A dude who will voluntarily assemble a WWII kit is fine either way, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I haven't built one of them myself, but Hasegawa does snap-together color-molded kits of industrial equipment, like combine harvesters and rollers.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I was looking at Bandai Star Wars kits recently, hoping to find a good TIE Interceptor. It looks like their 1/72 scale model is pretty good, but I don't understand why their TIEs are all twice as expensive as the other, similar sized ships.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Deviant posted:

i also need to remember that while young me had to cry and or deal if they ruined a water slide, adult me can just buy two sheets in case i screw one up.

I mean, if I managed an aneurysm neurosurgery in Life & Death 2, that must mean SOMETHING at least

Foglet fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 16, 2023

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
Also I now really hope for a p-bandai RG Sturm und Drang kit, gimme that beam blade ten times as long as the mecha wielding it

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

Okay, about six times as long, I guess.
...but that sounds like a step towards a Hyper Mega Bazooka for the Hi-Nu.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
Speaking of SW kits, anyone has any opinions on the Bandai Mandalorian?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

my partner's father got me a model kit, and their style of modeling is very high quality, but very old school and a gunpla this is not

Probably try and get it together today.

Ooh a Moebius kit, I put together a Michael Myers kit of theirs last year. Definitely a different beast lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who wants a MODEROID of Evangelion's cribbed-off homework?

(It's RahXephon)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Evangelion's cribbed-off homework?

(It's RahXephon)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Qylvaran posted:

I was looking at Bandai Star Wars kits recently, hoping to find a good TIE Interceptor. It looks like their 1/72 scale model is pretty good, but I don't understand why their TIEs are all twice as expensive as the other, similar sized ships.

Because they've been out of print for a while and you're looking at third party sales sites. They usually go for between thirty and forty USD for the whole line, barring the big Falcons.

Wait a while and they'll eventually come back at a reasonablev price. Y-wings and Mandalorian-related stuff are the most recent reprints, so those are all available and reasonably priced.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

it should come with quon instead

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Isn't there a completed design for Quon's mecha that didn't get used for the show? loving make that, I'd buy six.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Also, I've been told that the latest and final Eva work ends the "who should Shinji get with" debate by having him hook up with an older woman, so I'm afraid Eva is now a Rahxephon rip off.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I stopped into don quijote today and they're doing this "neat" mystery bag thing where they're charging 100 dollars for assorted kits thrown into a nice looking tote bag in either RX-78 or Epyon flavour with the bundle valued at 170, allegedly. I peeked into one and it had what I assume to be RG Hi-nu and sazabi and decided not to get it. But you know, they're pretty nice bags.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Also, I've been told that the latest and final Eva work ends the "who should Shinji get with" debate by having him hook up with an older woman, so I'm afraid Eva is now a Rahxephon rip off.

Ah, but it's a reverse Rahxephon, because she's his mom's college friend who's the same age as him due to plot weirdness, while Rahxephon has the girl be the protagonist's childhood friend who's older than him due to plot weirdness.

(They're both riffing on Raideen anyway. Mari was even named after the heroine there after Anno found out about Rei Asuka.)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

The last movie cashes all the previously written checks in the series and other movies. What you describe is part of that resolution, yes, but there's much more going on.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
New 30MM kits are getting announced right now, and Look at this absolute unit. :eyepop:.
edit: Comes in tan as well, and has an Alto for size comparison. That is one broad lad.

Also Colour-swapped Revelnova and Gardenova, so you have matching pieces to combine the existing ones with without painting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6bhVyx_R0Q

edit:

Replacement limbs for the new mech. Big chunky claws and rocket arms. They also come with a core body so you can make a grunt mech with them that's kinda AcGuy-esque.

P-Bandai gets a customized Spinatio Knight; THE BLACK KNIGHT! :black101:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 18, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well, depending on price I might just have found my first 30mm kit then! Because I really dig that big armored core looking thing. It's probably going to cost a small fortune, isn't it?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I just want more RG Evangelion kits. There's loads of potential they haven't tapped into yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

Well, depending on price I might just have found my first 30mm kit then! Because I really dig that big armored core looking thing. It's probably going to cost a small fortune, isn't it?

Nah, that's a standard release kit and they're pretty cheap on-average.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

PriorMarcus posted:

I just want more RG Evangelion kits. There's loads of potential they haven't tapped into yet.

They should release an RG Ramiel.

Just eight flat sheets of plastic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They're starting to talk about 30 Minutes Fantasy now, with some concept sketches and sample models.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, that's a standard release kit and they're pretty cheap on-average.

Oh, really? I assumed the little dude next to it was standard and it was like, psycho gundam tier lol. Now I'm even more excited to find that thing in stores.

PriorMarcus posted:

If they ever make an RG sachiel I'll have to get it, and then get all the rest. I used to have the old line of eva kits which were still really great, but the sachiel kit was not only really hard to track down, but super fiddly since you had to basically build its spindly rear end skeleton and then stretch the rubber condom of its skin around it, and a lot of it was really thin fragile bone spikes and stuff.

EDIT: typing this just unlocked the loving suppressed memories of what happened to mine. So, in order to get the bone spike things to work, you had to cut the holes in the skin yourself so they could attach to the skeleton. Except, that's not easy to do, because like, the instant you cut that poo poo, that cut is going to just spread and tear and it's hell. So you had to be super, super, careful to poke a tiny hole just big enough to get the bone spike in without basically gutting sachiel by accident. Unfortunately I suck, slipped, and tore a good chunk of it right open.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 18, 2023

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BisbyWorl posted:

I'd buy every angel if they made them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

Oh, really? I assumed the little dude next to it was standard and it was like, psycho gundam tier lol. Now I'm even more excited to find that thing in stores.

30MM kits are fairly cheap, because where they get you is the accessory packs. They're also cheap, but there's so many weapons and bits and you get ideas and I don't have a problem, I swear! :shepspends:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New line coming

Started on the Nyuren.

God your hands are creepy as gently caress. Also lol at the color seperation.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 18, 2023

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Neddy Seagoon posted:

New 30MM kits are getting announced right now, and Look at this absolute unit. :eyepop:.
edit: Comes in tan as well, and has an Alto for size comparison. That is one broad lad.
edit:

Replacement limbs for the new mech. Big chunky claws and rocket arms. They also come with a core body so you can make a grunt mech with them that's kinda AcGuy-esque.
Absolutely yes :black101:

I want like five without hesitation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh you know I'm gonna mod the poo poo out of the Armored Core 6 30MM kits with that chonker

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Tamiya already put this out.

Yeah I know cheap joke.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

BisbyWorl posted:

If they did an RG Ramiel that could manage the stuff that Ramiel does in Rebuild I'd buy that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RG MP Eva, please and thank you. P-Bandai can be the add on pack with Rei faces and smashed heads.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

chrome line posted:

If they did an RG Ramiel that could manage the stuff that Ramiel does in Rebuild I'd buy that

Man, if Bandai released transforming kits that violate the law of conservation of mass, that would be pretty sweet

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gripweed posted:

Man, if Bandai released transforming kits that violate the law of conservation of mass, that would be pretty sweet

The kit is still eight flat sheets, but the instructions are a bit more complicated.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Schwarzwald posted:

The kit is still eight flat sheets, but the instructions are a bit more complicated.

lousy non-euclidean decals

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
water slides instantly drying out as they touch the zero-pressure void between angles

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Get in the loving mold, Shinji

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1737269852749095253?t=a4UsRSlZCDKs5R8am4EanA&s=19

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1737270506993463483?t=bIyuhppFuVQ1Xv2xz7GrsQ&s=19

Master Grade Narrative Gundam ver Ka and Sinanju Stein Narrative version ver Ka coming in 2024. Now I like the Sinanju as much as the next person but did it really need a Katoki redesign before any number of other kits deserving 1/100?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 20, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I saw the Sinanju tweet first and I had yet again forgotten that the Narrative Gundam existed, so I thought "Why is it fighting the Unicorn and not Rita"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poor off brand unicorn.