Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

like are there seriously game show heads out there like "yeah but i'm not into Jeopardy, i'm into real game shows" lol. i shouldn't be surprised i guess.

remember Concentration, Trebek's OTHER game show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Shageletic posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and do that for England.

Uh London gets invaded by...Kent. That's a place right

E: Essex plays all sides

Hell yeah, let's game this out. The East Anglia region is gonna be a neutral wall of brambles and swamps overgrown by a druid ritual gone wrong. Nobody crosses the fens. It'll act as the buffer state between the northern parliament of Manchester United and the Londoners who have returned to steampunk Victorian aesthetics.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Popy posted:

ive been watching jack reacher and i still dont think i know what military police are suppose to do

maybe catch the guys stupid enough to get caught moving heroin idk

Good news! Neither does Lee Child or the writers of Reacher.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

my gripe with this isn't that California and Texas are too ideologically different to form an alliance (they absolutely are not) but how the gently caress did they form an alliance without the three states in between them

dont know the show but those states are in one of the deadliest deserts in the world and wouldnt exist without the Herculean effort to keep them supplied with water

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Anyway everyone knows Nevada belongs to Mr. House and New Mexico belongs to Caesar’s legion.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Al! posted:

dont know the show but those states are in one of the deadliest deserts in the world and wouldnt exist without the Herculean effort to keep them supplied with water
all the more reason for Calitexas to claim the territory

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I think it’s funny that no one can even conceive of the possibility that Mexico might try to reclaim territory if the United States ever balkanized like that.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Dec 18, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

1glitch0 posted:

Even for a totally made up Civil War map for a dumb movie this is dumb as heck.

So many problem areas, but Nevada and the northeast aligned and Idaho and Washington on the same side?? Hell the left and right side of Washington wouldn't even be aligned.

And Texas would absolutely absorb Louisiana and prolly a few others.

Yeah. There's already a sepretatist movement in the PNW and northern NV for Jefferson. The south would go for uh, a more traditional name for their thing.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

skooma512 posted:

Yeah. There's already a sepretatist movement in the PNW and northern NV for Jefferson. The south would go for uh, a more traditional name for their thing.

no tehre isnt lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

2 guys shouting about how cascadia should be thing != movement

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the sticker on my coffee mug though...

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
There's already the Virginia/West Virginia example in actual history, so it does seem kind of lazy to have this strict adherence to existing state borders for your no doubt very serious and well thought out American civil war film

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no tehre isnt lmfao

I’m using the term movement as a shorthand for “most prominent group purporting separatism”, where that’s only just a bunch of miscreants and assorted Nazi militias. Most everyone else just doesn’t care of course.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Variety/status/1736829839418523877?s=20

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Into The Festerverse

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol I see they’re not going to let Epic Fester go to waste.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

oh hell yes he was exceptional, just flawlessly channeling Jackie Coogan

i hope they really lean on the sidestory stuff from the Wednesday show where he's a drifter and a fugitive

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/THR/status/1736838583040741801?s=20

:sad:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

KirbyKhan posted:

Hell yeah, let's game this out. The East Anglia region is gonna be a neutral wall of brambles and swamps overgrown by a druid ritual gone wrong. Nobody crosses the fens. It'll act as the buffer state between the northern parliament of Manchester United and the Londoners who have returned to steampunk Victorian aesthetics.

The Kingdom of Goddodin arrives back from the mists, immediately calls for the expiration of all free school lunches

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Wales will rise

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my npr station is called jefferson public radio so its going to happen any day now imo

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Watched the MCU Spidermans movies this weekend.

They weren't too bad surprisingly. I'm surprised they managed to get both Mcguire and Garfield in on this, and I can't lie and say seeing Tobey as Spiderman wasn't cool, I was in middle school when the first movie came out so I would have attached to anything let alone capeshit. People forget this now though, but the credit song in the 2001 movie was by Nickleback. I also like how they're just accepting the reality of there being new Spiderman poo poo every couple years and are leaning into the multiverse. I feel like Spiderman is the only one to do it right, with the Spiderverse movies doing the heavy lifting on that of course.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Warrior won't return for Season 4 on Max.

TVLine reported Monday that the series has been canceled after three seasons.

Deadline said Netflix has picked up the existing seasons in a non-exclusive deal. The show is expected to start streaming on Netflix in February.

Sources said Netflix may order a Season 4 of Warrior if the series does well with subscribers.

Variety confirmed the news.

Warrior originally premiered on Cinemax in 2019 and moved to Max for Season 3, which debuted in June.

The series is based on a concept by late actor and martial arts star Bruce Lee and is created by Jonathan Tropper, with Lee's daughter Shannon Lee as executive producer.

"Warrior is a show that simply refuses to die. Through platform and regime changes, the writers, producers, cast, crew, and our stunt team continued to make something powerful, relevant, and wildly unique. And now, thanks to Netflix, we've been given yet another lease on life, and I'm thrilled for everyone involved that millions more viewers around the world will discover it," Tropper said in a statement to Deadline.

Warrior followed Ah Sahm (Andrew Koji), a martial arts prodigy living in 1870s Chinatown in San Francisco during the Tong Wars. Olivia Cheng, Jason Tobin, Dianne Doan and Kieran Bew also starred.

Deadline said Koji has moved on from the show and will star in the Sky and AMC+ series Gangs of London.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

swap Kang with Annihilus. it’s a better storyline to put to film anyway.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I knew an old rear end guy who was an MP right after Korea. He said the job mostly consisted of throwing people in the drunk tank, and retrieving runaways who got homesick and ran back home during basic, which basically consisted of knocking on their parents front door and asking “Is Steve there he’s supposed to be back at base” , at which point the guy would dejectedly come out and they’d drive him back.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Warrior won't return for Season 4 on Max.

TVLine reported Monday that the series has been canceled after three seasons.

Deadline said Netflix has picked up the existing seasons in a non-exclusive deal. The show is expected to start streaming on Netflix in February.

Sources said Netflix may order a Season 4 of Warrior if the series does well with subscribers.

Variety confirmed the news.

Warrior originally premiered on Cinemax in 2019 and moved to Max for Season 3, which debuted in June.

The series is based on a concept by late actor and martial arts star Bruce Lee and is created by Jonathan Tropper, with Lee's daughter Shannon Lee as executive producer.

"Warrior is a show that simply refuses to die. Through platform and regime changes, the writers, producers, cast, crew, and our stunt team continued to make something powerful, relevant, and wildly unique. And now, thanks to Netflix, we've been given yet another lease on life, and I'm thrilled for everyone involved that millions more viewers around the world will discover it," Tropper said in a statement to Deadline.

Warrior followed Ah Sahm (Andrew Koji), a martial arts prodigy living in 1870s Chinatown in San Francisco during the Tong Wars. Olivia Cheng, Jason Tobin, Dianne Doan and Kieran Bew also starred.

Deadline said Koji has moved on from the show and will star in the Sky and AMC+ series Gangs of London.

Warrior is too good for this world

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Al! posted:

my npr station is called jefferson public radio so its going to happen any day now imo

Does NPR still have that show where that nerd would cosplay as Jefferson?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

green room is a documentary

:rip: anton

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

roond marvel

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

"Back in December last year we announced Games Workshop and Amazon Studios had signed an agreement in principle to work together to bring the Warhammer 40,000 universe to screens, big and small.

Well, today we have an update, and it’s one we’ve all been longing to hear. We’ve now signed the full agreement and the next stage can begin!

Now comes the fun part: working out all the creative details with our partners and getting the first script written and into production. What Warhammer 40,000 stories should we tell first? Should we kick off with a movie or a TV show? Both?!"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Popy posted:

Warrior is too good for this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyHx3HNCHjw

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Popy posted:

"Back in December last year we announced Games Workshop and Amazon Studios had signed an agreement in principle to work together to bring the Warhammer 40,000 universe to screens, big and small.

Well, today we have an update, and it’s one we’ve all been longing to hear. We’ve now signed the full agreement and the next stage can begin!

Now comes the fun part: working out all the creative details with our partners and getting the first script written and into production. What Warhammer 40,000 stories should we tell first? Should we kick off with a movie or a TV show? Both?!"

they should just ask Cavill what he wants to do. No way he'd steer them wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

British people are so stupid

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

galagazombie posted:

I knew an old rear end guy who was an MP right after Korea. He said the job mostly consisted of throwing people in the drunk tank, and retrieving runaways who got homesick and ran back home during basic, which basically consisted of knocking on their parents front door and asking “Is Steve there he’s supposed to be back at base” , at which point the guy would dejectedly come out and they’d drive him back.

in the reacher books its the 110th’s job to find the soldiers that do rapes, drugs, murders etc and reacher leaves the unit (and military) when one of the cases points to a senator’s son and he gets told to drop it. instead he knocks out the senator and the son, puts them in a car, parks it on the railroad tracks, and starts wallking across the country. reacher rules

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Into The Festerverse
I could deal with five or six different Festers.

But No More!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Average Child Has 18 Uncle Festers.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

they should just ask Cavill what he wants to do. No way he'd steer them wrong

He's apparently Executive Producer. I don't know if that will give him enough clout to prevent what happened with The Witcher but it'll probably help.

I feel like the show's main problem is that making a 40k show that doesn't look like dogshit will be expensive as gently caress and probably burn out a few more VFX studios.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

skooma512 posted:

didn't they all move on to Greater Idaho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

In Training posted:

British people are so stupid

Actually I think they understand America and what it is far better than Americans you see