Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Vasudus posted:

Sorry friends I don’t do build guides for how to beat the campaign. That’s your problem.

I leveled with a widowhail, hyrri’s quiver, and rain of arrows using a full set of twink gear. Then at 62 I put on a tulfall and destroyed everything till 70 and put all my gear and gems on.

Currently at 92 on the jugg, in the next 3 levels I should pick up another 100% crit multi. Still using flasks from level 40 and a small mana potion I’ve literally never taken off since character creation. Build should be fully fleshed out in a day or so. It’s real good for t16 alch-n-go with some modest juice.

Been loving around with this and it's been fun, not a huge fan of the two button play style but god daum it just nukes poo poo from orbit.

Was loving around with Worb and I think it could work again, damage definitely seemed there with only changing the gems. Build is good, only odd thing to me is the boots don't cause the charge icons to appear in the top left, so there was a couple times I was like is this poo poo really working? *Takes off boots* yup sure is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

J posted:

Fabulous cocaine explosion league is the best league of all time

Best patch sure, best league mechanic itself nah not even close even with the ascendancies

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
GGG has been answering a lot of questions about POE2 over on the POE2 subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExile2/?f=flair_name%3A%22GGG%22

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

omg she told me her True Name.... im so happy :-)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Folks, a pause button

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I will be absolutely stunned if the pause button survives into the actual release

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

External Organs posted:

Folks, a pause button

It ruins the thrill of discovering that I'm finally tanky enough to go AFK comfortably while normal mobs wail on me, but being able to pause will be a big QOL increase.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Papercut posted:

I will be absolutely stunned if the pause button survives into the actual release

Why? They've got the tech - ultimatum pauses the game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They already have the pause tech. Why would it not be included

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

PoE 2, patch 1.0a: fixed bug: enemies with the "action speed cannot be reduced below minimum" no longer ignore the pause function.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

External Organs posted:

Why? They've got the tech - ultimatum pauses the game.

Because it would be very abuseable for combat and they've already taken u-turns on previous poe2 promises

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Papercut posted:

Because it would be very abuseable for combat and they've already taken u-turns on previous poe2 promises

...this is a fair point. If you're not playing with "Awakened PoE turned based" are u even playing at all

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

A Real Horse posted:

Right? If the text boxes would scroll faster I would be more apt to care. I will definitely check out that video though

You can scroll them faster with your mousewheel

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Magus42 posted:

You can scroll them faster with your mousewheel

For some reason this moves at a pace only slightly faster than the normal text crawl. But I’m also very picky about reading speed (basically if it isn’t instant I am too impatient), so this could easily be a me thing.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

three pauses per map

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol at the dev response in this one https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExil...nt=share_button

nerox
May 20, 2001
Make pauses available in parties like DOTA2 so people can get into pause wars during trades in people's hideouts.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

xZAOx posted:

GGG has been answering a lot of questions about POE2 over on the POE2 subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExile2/?f=flair_name%3A%22GGG%22

Maybe it’s because I’m on mobile, but the link just takes me to the general subreddit and doesn’t highlight any posts

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

External Organs posted:

...this is a fair point. If you're not playing with "Awakened PoE turned based" are u even playing at all

Right? Like how happy would they be when every hardcore streamer is pausing and inspecting every rare mob at the start of every encounter and then pausing repeatedly in boss fights to assess the situation and adjust their mouse position and all that

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

External Organs posted:

Folks, a pause button

Just need the ability to play offline. :pray:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whydirt posted:

Maybe it’s because I’m on mobile, but the link just takes me to the general subreddit and doesn’t highlight any posts

Probably mobile, yeah. It's the "GGG" flair.

Although I'd note, that reddit is giving me a completely different UI now than it was this morning. Dunno if that has anything to do with anything.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

A Real Horse posted:

-Should I be identifying things that I know I'm going to sell, or does it not matter? I haven't been, unless it's something that I feel might be outdated and in need of replacement.

By act 4 you should be finding enough rare items that it's not worth your time to pick up any unless they might be an upgrade for you (and of course you have to ID those to know if they're actually upgrades). Although, R-G-B linked items vendor for a chromatic orb, so pick those up too (your loot filter should highlight those)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That sounds fine ? (Pausing)

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

The response is just this image, for people having trouble with it:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

occluded posted:

The response is just this image, for people having trouble with it:

CoD is the worst and somehow people still play it all the time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

How does the "projectiles have a chance to chain when they hit terrain" tincture work with splitting steel/returning projectiles setup? I find myself having trouble getting my Long Shot bonus in maps with tight corridors and I can't tell if that would help or if it would make any difference

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

The Wiki says you can't have returning and chain, and returning takes priority.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Chain

I only know this because I wondered the exact same thing for the same reason.

EDIT: Wait apparently I read it wrong the first time and it can do both? I have no idea how this game works.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Path of Exile: “I have no idea how this game works”

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

WTFBEES posted:

EDIT: Wait apparently I read it wrong the first time and it can do both? I have no idea how this game works.

Yeah, you read that wrong. Return has the lowest priority (Split > Pierce > Fork > Chain > Return). In gofer's case, presumably the projectile hasn't hit it's distance limit when it hits the terrain, so it will then (maybe) chain. Afterwards, if the projectile doesn't expire and hits its distance limit, then it will return while piercing through all enemies.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

WTFBEES posted:

Yeah it says return is last priority, but the projectiles are still definitely returning. I'm giving it a shot but honestly can't tell if it's helping or if it's all in my head lol

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Couple hideout MTX related questions,

Is the timer I see on people's map device from a loot box? I tried searching for it in the shop and didn't see anything.

I once had someone change their hideout seemingly in realtime while I was inside it. Seemed like he interacted with a scourge looking doodad and the hide out went from normal to evil looking and then back to normal. Any ideas what the heck this was?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The scourge one was from last year's core supporter pack and is presumably gone, never to return. Basically lets you have 2 swappable hideouts, a normal version and scourge version.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The time keeper map device is from the Ancestor Mystery Box, so you gotta wait a bit for it to hit the shop.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Thanks.
That's too bad. I really liked the scourge swapping tech.
I should probably just set a timer up on my phone instead of shelling out money for a widget

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Can I has a guild invite on SolarisGoonaris pretty please? Or EntrTheNameOfYourRanger
also discord
cmon cat, Ill behave
I might even bring a cake

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 19, 2023

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Vas what are your stats on fuseshredder, because I may have just beaten it

Average number of tainted fusing to 6l something is 4. I'm at 30 on this armour with no success.

(slo btw)

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
dropped a hinekora's lock and two 10+ div charms tonight

blue juice is absolutely the poo poo

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

THE WORLD OF POE HAS JUST SHIFTED !!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

You may not be at the level (in your "skill" at playing poe, not character level) where you need to be rolling maps en masse but it is how you should eventually be rolling your maps. Go to poe.re, set up a regex for mods you can't/don't want to run, and save that in the awakened poe overlay. Then roll a ton of maps at once with that regex and never suffer this problem again.

A little tutorial here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828536&pagenumber=25&perpage=40&userid=87372#post534156829

Thank you. I don't know what most of the verbs in that post mean but I'll keep it bookmarked.

What do people normally do for flasks? Because I just currently have a mana flask i don't need since i cast from ES now, a quicksilver and i think a phasing flask i never actually remember to hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Thank you. I don't know what most of the verbs in that post mean but I'll keep it bookmarked.

What do people normally do for flasks? Because I just currently have a mana flask i don't need since i cast from ES now, a quicksilver and i think a phasing flask i never actually remember to hit.
You can mostly automate utility flasks using Instilling Orbs (or more accurately using the bench craft recipe that uses those) to do things like "use when charges reach full" so they're constantly being used while mapping. You should do this.

Most of the time I like to run a Panicked life flask with corrupted blood/bleed removal and 4 utility flasks, usually a quicksilver, either a jade or granite depending on character, a silver, and a flex slot depending on what I'm running. Some unique flasks are also very good and surprisingly cheap, again depending on your character.