Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
If they’re tradcath then they want to go back to like canon law and pre-Vatican II church rules and want the world (or at least the West) to submit to church authority

If they’re Christian dominionist/nationalist or some kind of evangelical or born-again then it’s a 50/50 on whether they yearn for a theocratic state/society/world or whether they’re just straight up apocalypse cultists who think they’re in the end-times or want to bring them forth

And if they’re just sort of esoterically spiritual or vaguely Christian or some kind of self-described pagan or even agnostic, then it’s usually some kind of vague ‘return to nature/simpler times’ poo poo or ‘create an ethnostate’ poo poo, or both

Or all of the above, like with Kanye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

duck trucker posted:

It's been awhile but I think Grimbeard put some ghost hunting equipment into a stuffed pug creating Parapugtm. Then it got possessed or something.

I don't know why but once a week I think of the random gag where in the middle of his review it just randomly coughs.

I enjoyed that for a while Grimbeard would randomly get very angry at the humor in High on Life during his videos.

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

It reminds me of the people who get weirdly angry at the way Munecat pours beer.

Re: history recommendations: I like sharing the black pants legion video on the Christmas Bullet every chance I get because it seriously needs more views. It's done by a military historian with a masters in archival science it's the first thing he's done with proper history on the channel. https://youtu.be/4KH3Qou2omY?si=HveRGFsnrnS_0Kti

Before this he also does a whole series of a Ken Burns style approach to explaining battletech. https://youtu.be/c71x68uWd5k?si=D3uFAfAb3AcKM4uH

He doesn't do ad reads in his videos, and every major release goes to benefit charity. He's a pretty standup guy for a poo poo poster.

Wither munecat?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Libluini posted:

That's because the answer isn't very interesting. As in all cases involving extremely stupid conspiracy theories, it's a mix of total ignorance and the sad, stubborn refusal to change their minds if conflicting facts inconveniently show up.

"Why" is always "because Humans are stupid animals, and will never be able to raise above their station"

The thing is that imo there is actually kind of an interesting answer you could cook up to this question that would probably be appealing to all these conspiracy theorist wackos: that the threat of MAD has been the primary reason that we haven't had an actual major powers hot war since WWII. "A cabal of nations made up this nuke bullshit to solidify their global hegemony and also allow them to go around and do whatever they want to other nations not in their secret clique without fear of serious reprisal, oh and of course they all act like they hate each other and are divided into "sides" like BRICS vs NATO but that's actually bullshit they're all in on it and it's just a scheme to divide people and make them not realize we're all being controlled!111!!!" absolutely seems like the kind of thing you'd find flying around moron conspiracy circles these days.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Garrand posted:

I'm not familiar with this person at all but I went and looked up the video in question. I expected something darker like an oingo boingo - little girls thing, not a "all body types are beautiful" video, who the hell is getting upset about this?
its kind of the perfect shibboleth because dude is like 'i wanna gently caress 2b from nier and i love trans people' and one group of people is like 'how dare you, a man, say you want to gently caress' and another group of people is like 'how dare you love trans people'so they both send him pipebombs in the mail

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

It was a poo poo bit and literally just devolved into calling him gay and autistic after like 2 days.

It was a good bit by the op, when it blew up people got weird about it tho yeah.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think we should live in a world where the guy is able to like big video game boobs in peace.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell, I also think we should be allowed to say trans rights

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think we should live in a world where the guy is able to like big video game boobs in peace.

i disagree

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even in this thread its like 'idk man... im getting bad vibes...' dude come on. saw some dude on twitter like 'its LITERAL OBJECTIFICATION OF WOMEN... HES JACKING OFF TO HIS FUNKO POPS...' its a 30 second video where he says he wants to fcuk tali from mass effect. get therapy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
big anime titties disgust me

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's a little cringe but that's all, it's not some horrible or immoral thing. Although I feel like this wouldn't have blown up nearly as much as it did if he just didn't quote tweet the original tweet to "clarify" that he was the one who made the video, causing his fans to go after her.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this entire thing made me read posts about the morality of liking big video game boobs for like 10 seconds, which is 10 seconds more than i want to spend on doing that

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Endorph posted:

its kind of the perfect shibboleth because dude is like 'i wanna gently caress 2b from nier and i love trans people' and one group of people is like 'how dare you, a man, say you want to gently caress' and another group of people is like 'how dare you love trans people'so they both send him pipebombs in the mail

https://twitter.com/VaushV/status/1736847986330845654?t=PJzj6t74sk1l9RiZOWCnzA&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I was really wondering what Vaush thought about this, thank you

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

the main crime is that it's cringe, which a subset of the internet see as deserving of being destroyed as maniacally as possible rather than just something to laugh at and move on, see Sonichu et al.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

oh really?? heh heh heh...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bigg anime titties ftw

ladies and gentlemen, i think we know who to cancel next!!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Just big ones?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Turns out the denizens of Elon Musk's propaganda platform are unhinged. Who knew?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Antigravitas posted:

Turns out the denizens of Elon Musk's propaganda platform are unhinged. Who knew?

yeah people going rabidly after some random video because they think it's unwoke is Elon Musk's fault

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

the main crime is that it's cringe, which a subset of the internet see as deserving of being destroyed as maniacally as possible rather than just something to laugh at and move on, see Sonichu et al.

that's right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

people act like this all over the internet man

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
It's good... a positive thing.

Boogie!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

please, for 5 minutes think about something other than elon musk

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alaois posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Here's two I like:
RedEye Reviews, who does a quick plot recap then some bits and likes Bruce Willis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itK5EfG4V5A
and
Space Ice, who does a quick plot recap in a silly voice and likes Jean Claude Van Damme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIzjbBXNz7o

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes someone reposts a funny joke that happens to have to be sourced from twitter and then someone brings up Elon Musk to shame someone for interacting with Twitter in any possible way and it makes me want to inflict looney tunes level of implausible and humiliating but also clearly harmless simulated violence upon that poster (actionable threat)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Runa posted:

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes someone reposts a funny joke that happens to have to be sourced from twitter and then someone brings up Elon Musk to shame someone for interacting with Twitter in any possible way and it makes me want to inflict looney tunes level of implausible and humiliating but also clearly harmless simulated violence upon that poster (actionable threat)
i liked when i said threads' numbers didnt look good and a bunch of people yelled at me as an ELON MUSK DEFENDER and then like two weeks later everyone simultaneously forgot threads existed forever

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
you must kill the musk inside your head. In more ways than one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there's this one tech news site that constantly posts about threads despite the fact that nobody loving uses threads

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Endorph posted:

i liked when i said threads' numbers didnt look good and a bunch of people yelled at me as an ELON MUSK DEFENDER and then like two weeks later everyone simultaneously forgot threads existed forever

instagram periodically puts promotional posts in my feed showing off what people are talking about on threads and it looks miserable there

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I don't like that Jocat gets to be run off the internet, he didn't deserve that. And people being weirdos about his video don't deserve that victory.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
threads seemed to have a humor level roughly along the lines of LinkedIn

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Clerical Terrors posted:

I don't like that Jocat gets to be run off the internet, he didn't deserve that. And people being weirdos about his video don't deserve that victory.

Yeah honestly it just sucks rear end

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there's this one tech news site that constantly posts about threads despite the fact that nobody loving uses threads

lmao threads

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

yeah, 100%

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Pigbuster posted:

you must kill the musk inside your head. In more ways than one

Let the musk die. Kill it if you have to (in minecraft).

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

lol, Elon obsessed goons ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

lol