Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Borsche69 posted:

i legit kinda wonder if fans of other teams actually feel really confident going into the 4th quarter with a two score lead. i sure as poo poo do not. and i think im probably one of the most optimistic ravens posters

I honestly can't recall the last time I felt confident about a two score lead in the 4th. Maybe during the Panthers 15-1 season? :shrug:

It's definitely been a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at having a 4th quarter lead.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol at having a lead.

Fixed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

I honestly can't recall the last time I felt confident about a two score lead in the 4th. Maybe during the Panthers 15-1 season? :shrug:

It's definitely been a minute

the second half of the seahawks playoff game was murderous

just ron rivera betting that he had enough of the lead to run out the entire half, and the seahawks coming THAT close to pulling off the comeback.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Probably my weird brain, but watching the end of the Panthers game, in awful weather like that i would have rather tried the FG on 3rd down and leave a few seconds on the clock, rather then chance something going wrong on the FG attempt. Squib kick on the kickoff probably ends the game anyway.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

i legit kinda wonder if fans of other teams actually feel really confident going into the 4th quarter with a two score lead. i sure as poo poo do not. and i think im probably one of the most optimistic ravens posters

I never doubt our dudes. I mean if a game is obviously lost sure but I got too many other anxieties in life to wring my hands about Baltimore blowing a lead.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh no don't worry they will in fact get to prove tonight they are a divisional round champion!

also the bye is really dumb bullshit, just look at the fraud eagles last year. Cruised into a super bowl completely underserving because of the bye.

:lmao: the Seahawks divisional round champs. We're the kings of one and done in the wildcard lately. And the only reason we'll get to the wild card at all is because everyone else is trash or dead.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The path for a WC team to get a home playoff game involves a lot of other WC teams winning right? Like if all three wild cards win on the road, the 5th seed has a home game week two. For the 5th or 6th seed it can happen in the championship if a lower seeded WC makes it there as well. And the 7th has no shot at a home game.

That is basically it, right?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The saints had a 3 score lead with 10 minutes left against the giants yesterday, and yet I still felt like that was a game that easily could have been lost even at that point.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I don't recall this being mentioned live, but maybe I just missed it because I was in and out and didn't watch the game straight through. But cool stuff from Andey

https://twitter.com/tkyles39/status/1736749752048378133

Though I'm surprised he would put this on film against a 3-10 team, even a Belichick defense one

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Asproigerosis posted:

Peyton

Hillis

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1736473416637514123?t=8BrId74-dx1IFP0asr1GQA&s=19

He was the "dawg pound captain" for the Browns yesterday. Which means he came out pre game, hyped up the crowd, and smashed a guitar on a lil stage. It ruled.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When the SB is Chiefs vs Eagles let me tell you, you have not yet begun to experience the full power of the Kelces media hype, now supercharged with Swiftness

In it's belly you shall find a new definition of suffering

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm still bummed out about Keaton Mitchell :negative:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

When the SB is Chiefs vs Eagles let me tell you, you have not yet begun to experience the full power of the Kelces media hype, now supercharged with Swiftness

In it's belly you shall find a new definition of suffering

I think it was TikTok that told me she’s touring in Japan during the Super Bowl and very unlikely to be there so that would cut down on that a bit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fknlo posted:

I think it was TikTok that told me she’s touring in Japan during the Super Bowl and very unlikely to be there so that would cut down on that a bit.

She is indeed

Cause I have tickets

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

FizFashizzle posted:

just ron rivera betting that he had enough of the lead to run out the entire half, and the seahawks coming THAT close to pulling off the comeback.

That was the 31 24 victory where a lucky pick and a cam run for 30ish yards on a broken play held the seahawks off? I spent the entire second half with my head in my hands.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl you know Taylor will cut in between songs to congratulate Travis.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

FizFashizzle posted:

This game really set the blueprint for every Seahawks playoff game since. The Hawks had the shittiest offensive gameplan just doing run-run-pass-punt the entire first half and then only opened up the playbook once they were down 4 scores. That day made it glaringly obvious that teams with a good TE could beat us without breaking much of a sweat, not just Gronk. At the time, it felt like the team had given up before they stepped on the field and Russ willed them back into the game.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Waltzing Along posted:

Make it 16. No byes or a week w no games so everyone can rest.

i hate the playoff bye week. i think it's the dumbest poo poo in sports

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Nosre posted:

I don't recall this being mentioned live, but maybe I just missed it because I was in and out and didn't watch the game straight through. But cool stuff from Andey

https://twitter.com/tkyles39/status/1736749752048378133

Though I'm surprised he would put this on film against a 3-10 team, even a Belichick defense one

The amount of coaching for a play like this just seems insane that it can be run successfully. Just the weird snap and toss itself seems so likely to fail let alone all the blocks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fknlo posted:

No she can make the SB.

I know this because they tracked the loving plane flights on KTLA our company's news station.

And that's if she flew commercial (lol) but since she owns her own plane, I'm sorry but she will surely be there in that situation

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1736814299006316946?t=vNGvVVnxpSMsmLYulDTc1g&s=19

Get hosed Steelers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Same

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Mystic Stylez posted:

Not even a Ravens fan but that sucked rear end, he looked special 😔

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes insanely talented, ran hard for a small guy and had great vision, combined with insane speed. so ofc he instantly torches his legs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/GameMedicine/status/1736859142801821857

no cartilage damage so that's good

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

It's fun that the Lions will be divisional champs of the NFC North, AFC South and AFC West

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

This game really set the blueprint for every Seahawks playoff game since. The Hawks had the shittiest offensive gameplan just doing run-run-pass-punt the entire first half and then only opened up the playbook once they were down 4 scores. That day made it glaringly obvious that teams with a good TE could beat us without breaking much of a sweat, not just Gronk. At the time, it felt like the team had given up before they stepped on the field and Russ willed them back into the game.

Both seahawks v carolina games that year were loving nuts. Greg Olsen had big games in both. And Cam and Russ were both at the height of their powers.

Some absolutely nasty shots from both defenses too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think my favorite memory from those Carolina vs Seattle games is when Russ was trying to scramble for a 1st on 3rd down and Josh Norman dropped out of coverage to light his rear end up big style

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Alaois posted:

I think my favorite memory from those Carolina vs Seattle games is when Russ was trying to scramble for a 1st on 3rd down and Josh Norman dropped out of coverage to light his rear end up big style

I don't like this memory very much :smithcloud:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
So is “push sneak” the official NFL sanctioned term for the Eagles special weapon? Joe Buck has been making sure to emphasize it every time it happens.

I’m sure the NFL thinks the term “tush push” hurts the brand, but Brotherly Shove was actually a cool name. Push sneak is very on brand for the no fun league, though. Buck sounds like Michael Cole trying to get one of Vince McMahon’s new buzzwords over.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Da Seahawks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
A season of frauds

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Drew Lock y'all.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1736963559840473102?t=dbngaliHKDckX_AIEouf5Q&s=19

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Eagles are frauds

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Eagles are frauds

Jalen Hurts Frauds

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fraugles

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Remember this Drew Lock drive when the Cowboys lose in the divisional round to the Lions instead of the 49ers

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm freaking humming. Lock's face, Smith Njigba getting his big play, DK taking over

FOOTBALL IS AMAZING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

gently caress Matt Patricia.