Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

carcinofuck posted:

So when's dune2 coming out?

Edit: planning on visiting Iran and Iraq for pilgrimage after Ramadan, hope things don't change there. OTOH I'll take it for a sea change in the ME.

wait mecca is in saudi arabia.

edit

oh im stupid thats right Qom and Karballa and Mashad my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

copying to this page

:siren: IF YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE IN GAZA GET ONLINE FOLLOW THESE STEPS :siren:

First, whatever you do....DO NOT ACTIVATE THE eSIM

1. Download an app where you can purchase an eSIM for Israel or the Middle East.

The top three needed right now are:

Nomad (Israel 20GB plan/$30 or Middle East 10GB plan/$32 – preferably ME)
Holafly (Israel - Price List by day, unlimited data)
Simly (select Middle East and use promo code ARB for a 25% discount – 6GB valid for 15 days, price before discount $35, after discount $26.25)

2. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE ESIM

3. Take a screenshot of the eSIM QR code. For Nomad, close the app after purchasing and screenshot the email with the QR code. Simly will display the QR code in the app after purchase. I haven't used Holafly yet, but I imagine it is similar.

4. After screenshotting the QR code, email it to gazaesims@gmail.com.

Only email to this address.
For the subject line, use "[CARRIER NAME] eSIM".

5. DTI DTA

If you're concerned this isn't legit, it is.

Here are some instructions on Twitter in case mine don't make sense.

https://twitter.com/AltruismAmber/status/1736550553700946377/

Burn Zone has issued a correction as of 06:17 on Dec 19, 2023

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Burn Zone posted:

copying to this page

:siren: IF YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE IN GAZA GET ONLINE FOLLOW THESE STEPS :siren:

1. Download an app where you can purchase an eSIM for Israel or the Middle East.

Simly (select Middle East and use promo code ARB for a 25% discount – 6GB valid for 15 days, price before discount $35, after discount $26.25)

3. Take a screenshot of the eSIM QR code. For Nomad, close the app after purchasing and screenshot the email with the QR code. Simly will display the QR code in the app after purchase. I haven't used Holafly yet, but I imagine it is similar.

5. DTI DTA

I've bought three eSIMs so far, and as soon as I get this weeks paycheck I'll grab more.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

aljazeera is showing clips from israeli talk shows on channels 11,12,13 (why the gently caress does israel have so many government channels wheres channel one or two) and maybe theyre cherry picking but every guest they had on including former military heads and the former chief of Shabak and shin bet are all saying that israel has lost the war and the prisoners wont return alive unless theres a negotiated settlement, theyre also resigning to the fact that Sinwar beat them, and theyre all really terrified of all the polls saying that Hamas has gained tremendous popularity and that if an election in palestine where held today hamas would win in a landslide.

maybe these are cherry picked clips but seeing israelis sad faces and going through the five stages of death on TV is sooo sooo yummy in my tummy :sickos:

Channel 1 closed down a couple years ago and was replaced with Kan. Channel 2 was split into channels 12 and 13.

Also - I'm struck by how (as seems to be the case from your posts ITT) Israeli sources are regularly translated and shared by Arabic media, because the opposite happens waaaay less. Really makes ya think.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

based

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Sancho Banana posted:

"The price of oil (Brent index) leaps by a percent following the announcement of the oil company BP that it'll stop sailing in the Red Sea"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1736722084347191561?t=0gEkV9SFZvEsDq1Y5UnEuQ&s=19

an oil shock would trigger ww3 for sure

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Comrade Koba posted:

a little something for FF

(nothing graphic)

(from t.me/ResistanceTrench2/1195, via tgsa)

Oof. Permanent hearing loss and probably a TBI

Lol, fartlow

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Also - I'm struck by how (as seems to be the case from your posts ITT) Israeli sources are regularly translated and shared by Arabic media, because the opposite happens waaaay less. Really makes ya think.

im also quite surprised, two decades ago they wouldve never done this much effort. i think it boils down to two things:-

1)Memri was taken seriously as a weapon that is used against arabs all the time to smear them, so a bunch of arab institutions took the effort to turn the tables and translate what israelis say on their TV so that arab people van be educated on how much racism israelis hold against them. its also a very useful tool against normalization and to throw in the face of zionist puppets.

it also helps demistify israel as not this cabal of super competent supersoldiers with super spu powers but it reveals them as they actually are:- a colonialist front of racist over-armed incompetent thugs and criminals.

2) the 'resistance' axis, but especially Hamas and Hezbollah (that aljazeera carries alot of support for specifically Hamas) did what no other arab armies bothered to do:- read and translate what israelis write to themselves in their reports and documents, i am not exagerrating when i say that Hamas and Hezbollah are probably the best Hebrew speakers and understanders in the arab world. so they are able to read and understand the israelis intentions, mindset and actions and reactions much much better than any other group in the middle east.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

boo boo bear posted:

pension for life don't mean poo poo when you're clapping for apple sauce every day.

Dark chuckle

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol

https://x.com/kahlissee/status/1736855017930268911?s=46

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
has there been much economic pain from eilat being shut down

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

When couch call of duty goes outside.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what's that, a 3.6 billion dollar economic bailout for israel youre proposing?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh i misread. 3.6 trillion

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

eilats shipping has halted 80% of all shipping no longer goes their

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

oh i misread. 3.6 trillion

Quarterly or monthly?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Quarterly or monthly?

we give them a button that turns on a big red light in congress

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

eilats shipping has halted 80% of all shipping no longer goes their

Going to be very interesting what the shipping prices for certain routes will be once the kinks are worked out with the prices.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Zadok Allen posted:

When your indiscriminate, belligerent mass murder regime has become so maniacal and unhinged you even have “do u condemn Hamas” Piers Morgan goes after Israeli official for his bullshit about 3 Israeli hostages being shot dead by the IDF and two Catholics were murdered

https://x.com/PiersUncensored/status/1736852376689017209?s=20

this is actually pretty surprising how far piers went after this guy's bullshit. I mean too little too late maybe but my impression is you never hear even this degree of step by step questioning.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

A high-drag, low-speed floperator

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's kinda funny that we were told for years on end that American hegemony was important and a net good, as manifested in the US Navy, because that was the thing that kept sealanes safe and open for trade and transport and now that the rubber is meeting the road all they can come up with is some strongly worded letters

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's kinda funny that we were told for years on end that American hegemony was important and a net good, as manifested in the US Navy, because that was the thing that kept sealanes safe and open for trade and transport and now that the rubber is meeting the road all they can come up with is some strongly worded letters

im astonished this is happening,

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

They used call of duty as a recruitment tool and got unfit jimmy and suzie screaming on the xbox chat rather than ghost.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The American empire is nearing its end, and Israel losing its war with Hamas is proof of that. America will likely have a Soviet Union style collapse in the next 6 - 8 years or so. Our internal politics going completely off the rails over the last 20 years was the writing on the wall that America is coming to an end, and our close allies struggling to handle resistance groups is further proof that we can't do this whole empire thing any longer.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

crepeface posted:

lmao, even the loving dumbasses down under are smart enough to tell the US to handle their own mess

Honestly I'm impressed. And shocked.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
From about 2025 onwards you're also going to start seeing base load power stations being shut down for various reasons with no planned replacements and overtaxed grids that can no longer cope due to reduced capacity and ever increasing demand. When you can't reliably keep the lights on you'll know it's over.

Again won't be all at once. Just a steady thing.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Centrist Committee posted:

Someone had to call the bluff eventually, It's just funny that YEMEN of all places did it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The American empire is nearing its end, and Israel losing its war with Hamas is proof of that. America will likely have a Soviet Union style collapse in the next 6 - 8 years or so. Our internal politics going completely off the rails over the last 20 years was the writing on the wall that America is coming to an end, and our close allies struggling to handle resistance groups is further proof that we can't do this whole empire thing any longer.

nah i wouldnt go that far it will be a long slow decline with lots of genocides as america tries to hold on, were in for a few decades of this sadly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

dipshit Israeli yelled at the ticket agent. shocking

"Getting angry at retail/service employees" continues to be one of the best litmus tests for whether someone has a rotten and filthy soul. It's just such a fundamentally alien way of interacting with the world for any decent person.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

nah i wouldnt go that far it will be a long slow decline with lots of genocides as america tries to hold on, were in for a few decades of this sadly.

Fair, I figured we are near the tail end, but maybe actually more like in the middle somewhere? The hard part will be accepting that whatever rises from the ashes, is probably going to be full on fascism in North America. Its not gonna be pretty.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

DECEMBER - 2023
NETANYAHU IS MASTER GENOCIDES
ONLY THE HOUTHI FLEET STANDS BEFORE HIM
OCEANS ARE NOW BATTLEFIELDS

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

I said come in! posted:

even assuming a non-nuclear WW3, it's unlikely that america will have any threats in its hemisphere. they'll probably diminish but relatively less than the US UK is now.

unless an actual civil war/balkanisation happens

crepeface has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Dec 19, 2023

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

oh come on that dude had like three opportunities to help his bro out

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Dec 19, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

crepeface posted:

even assuming a non-nuclear WW3, it's unlikely that america will have any threats in its hemisphere. they'll probably diminish but relatively less than the US is now.

unless an actual civil war/balkanisation happens

Yeah, we'll probably just be unable to throw our weight and influence around. Economy will mega collapse, and infrastructure will have a super difficult time being repaired/replaced. We as Americans won't have the comfy life styles we are use to, and by extension the world won't get a lot of our innovation (and weapons) anymore. Countries like Israel that were propped up only because of our weapons and military won't be able to exist any longer.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Toxoplasmid posted:

(oldie but a goody)

I'm told that Netanyahu is Hitler too.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

carcinofuck posted:

this is actually pretty surprising how far piers went after this guy's bullshit. I mean too little too late maybe but my impression is you never hear even this degree of step by step questioning.

He's been stepping it up lately. Not like I trust him or anything, But he's had some decent interviews lately, and I generally can't stand him but have watched. He's done ok all thing considered.
If I'm going to be cynical, I think he's been getting a lot of views esp since Bassem Youssef and had been going along that line, pushing back against Israel. His show constantly seems to be coming up , something with the demographics seems have changed lately with him and I think he's milking it tbh . Still glad he's giving a platform though

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Dec 19, 2023

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Burn Zone posted:

copying to this page

5. DTI DTA

hell yeah! sent a couple of sims. I used Nomad since you don't have to download any apps or whatever, process was really easy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Phigs posted:

Honestly I'm impressed. And shocked.

I do wonder how much that Utopia scene about China either reflected or even inspired the attitudes in the party room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

been in Turkey the past week watching the news in the morning. despite the government sitting on its hands, the media is pretty explicit in airing photos and videos of Israeli abuse, including Turkish cnn. not that I didn’t expect this but night and day from American domestic media.