Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Lost in 2/3 playoffs. On the other hand, lol eagles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
🚨INCOMING PISSBABY RANT🚨

I know these are champagne problems but the Eagles just lost and I need to vent.

My league has a long standing dynasty pot that you need four “points” to win within a 3 year span, a point being obtained by either winning the regular season or the championship. I swept two years ago and didn’t make the playoffs last year.

This year despite losing Chubb, I still had a solid team built around Tyreek and AJB. I was constantly tied for 1st all season but week 10 I had Tyreek and AJB on bye and lost to a bottom 3 team by 1.2. I had to win out the remainder of the season because I still had a good points lead on the other 1st place team I was tied with.

Well, this final regular season week his opponent shits the bed and he wins, and I play the guy who had all the Rams explode plus Rachaad White and he popped off for 150, so I lose my dynasty pot chances. I had even traded a 1st next year for CeeDee after my Week 10 loss, and I usually never trade 1sts.

I’ve never been so deflated in fantasy football since I started playing. Granted I still had to win the championship, but to lose my dynasty pot chances because Week 10 Stroud couldn’t have one less fumble, or one less pick, or some other short yard play from someone else. I’m recognize that I’m being a complete sourpuss right now but it kind of makes me care less about the playoffs now that the dynasty pot is out of reach.

Berate me or whatever, I just had to do a whiney dump since the only thing that could have slavaged my football weekend was the Eagles winning.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I whine here so I don’t bother my BILs with my stream of consciousness posting

:rip: op

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I had Rhamondre and Jacobs and Mattison as my RBs. Since it's dynasty other people had their various backups and sure enough, the vultures came for their blood, but I held strong in my faith.

In the end despite that (and Davis putting up zero) the fantasy gods smiled on my devotion.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
That last Seahawks TD was enough to send me to the championship game of my special teams league. It's a rematch of last year's inaugural final, I'll be looking to repeat in my own league.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Not my first year, I've been poo poo at this for a decade now :colbert:

we are both dead in SA 20. Brothers in pain -- this year.

I'm not drafting Garrett Wilson again. Until I do, probably next year in SA 20 again.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Whoreson Welles posted:

🚨INCOMING PISSBABY RANT🚨

I know these are champagne problems but the Eagles just lost and I need to vent.

My league has a long standing dynasty pot that you need four “points” to win within a 3 year span, a point being obtained by either winning the regular season or the championship. I swept two years ago and didn’t make the playoffs last year.

This year despite losing Chubb, I still had a solid team built around Tyreek and AJB. I was constantly tied for 1st all season but week 10 I had Tyreek and AJB on bye and lost to a bottom 3 team by 1.2. I had to win out the remainder of the season because I still had a good points lead on the other 1st place team I was tied with.

Well, this final regular season week his opponent shits the bed and he wins, and I play the guy who had all the Rams explode plus Rachaad White and he popped off for 150, so I lose my dynasty pot chances. I had even traded a 1st next year for CeeDee after my Week 10 loss, and I usually never trade 1sts.

I’ve never been so deflated in fantasy football since I started playing. Granted I still had to win the championship, but to lose my dynasty pot chances because Week 10 Stroud couldn’t have one less fumble, or one less pick, or some other short yard play from someone else. I’m recognize that I’m being a complete sourpuss right now but it kind of makes me care less about the playoffs now that the dynasty pot is out of reach.

Berate me or whatever, I just had to do a whiney dump since the only thing that could have slavaged my football weekend was the Eagles winning.

Fantasy isn't a hobby unless it creates emotions. It's good to feel.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I won the $250x2 for each of the best record and most points scored purses, and I’m facing a team that started 8-1 and has lost 6 straight to finish out the season :getin:

If I win this week I’m guaranteed $500 for second, playing for $1500 for first.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m not guaranteed any $ but in first place and am thankful I drafted CMC, Cee Dee, Amon Ra, Lamar, Nico, and LaPorta

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

I’m not guaranteed any $ but in first place and am thankful I drafted CMC, Cee Dee, Amon Ra, Lamar, Nico, and LaPorta

Are the dudes you play with brain dead or what

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

are you in a three team league or something? how the hell did you get all of those first rounders?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Competitive 12 team redraft league ive been in for like 8 years

ARSB was my keeper, somehow CeeDee fell to me in the rear end end of the 2nd round, took a 14th round flier on LaPorta

Basically

1 CMC :dance:
2 CeeDee Lamb :dance:
3 Lamar :dance:
4 Diontae Johnson :geno:
5 Amon Ra St Brown :swoon:
6 Samaje Perine :doh:
7 Jahan Dotson :doh:
8 Elijah Mitchell :doh:
9 Nico Collins :dance:
10 Quentin Johnston :geno:
11 Brian Robinson :)
12 De’Von Achane :)
13 Alec Pierce :geno:
14 Sam LaPorta :swoon:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

It really sucks that Tyler Lockett sucks now.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah 46 points for my team this week, my lowest week in the like 11 years I've done FF :rip:

It was a fun run while it lasted I guess (it was not my team was maddeningly inconsistent this year)

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I threw a few dollars down on DK scoring an anytime touchdown. I needed him to stay under 21 points. I figured, either way I win.

Those few dollars were worth progressing to the next round!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I like Denver DST a lot next week. Starting them in 2 leagues.

I'll preface by saying this is mostly me being pessimistic about my team. The Broncos have been run all over this year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

By all accounts I had a terrible game, scoring a lousy 89 points, and leaving guys like Walker, McLaurin, and Jakobi Meyers on my bench, but I still won so I can't complain. Next week is the playoffs and I face the 2nd place guy, but the points leader. My only hope is he has CMC and Deebo and SF goes against Baltimore. Maybe CMC won't go off for 30 points this time?

I'm so sick of teams double teaming Kelce too. He's like the only good piece on the KC offense not named Mahomes and everyone knows it. I also need Tyreek to come back so Tua is not a waste of space.

At least for now, Yahoo is giving me a fighting chance, but LOL about yahoo being right about anything. My team chronically underperforms their expected point total.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

EconDad posted:

we are both dead in SA 20. Brothers in pain -- this year.

I'm not drafting Garrett Wilson again. Until I do, probably next year in SA 20 again.

Btw, guess who you drew for the consolation bracket now that we're both knocked out! :twisted:

You'll win handily if Taylor isn't back.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I somehow won a playoff game despite having not paid enough attention to swap out Jacobs once he was declared inactive. Thanks, Godwin and Kyren!

gently caress me that my very good team got slapped by injuries right at the end of the season between Jacobs and K.Allen and Collins. Probably gonna get destroyed this coming week (projections very high because this is the 2PPR league):

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
ESPN sucks.

I have to face the very good 5 seed instead of the awful 6 seed even though I finished in first place.

Zero sense.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Really annoyed that Rhamondre is considered Questionable and not Out, so I had to drop him instead of stash him on IR. I don't expect him to play this week, and probably not next week, so it's probably not a loss, but I wanted to hang onto him just in case he came back for week 17.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

ESPN sucks.

I have to face the very good 5 seed instead of the awful 6 seed even though I finished in first place.

Zero sense.

I think all platforms default to having playoff reseeding off. As an awful 6 seed myself, I am benefitting by playing the 2 seed rather than the #1 seed juggernaut.

It's bad, and it should probably be turned on by default rather than off.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

As a #6 seed in a Yahoo league, I'm facing the #1 seed after beating the #3 seed last week.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

saintonan posted:

As a #6 seed in a Yahoo league, I'm facing the #1 seed after beating the #3 seed last week.

Same.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Definitely one of those years that reinforces my lovely luck and other’s endless fountain of luck and makes me want to quit fantasy football and never look back lol.

Always get stuck going against my kryptonite, the most annoying smug fucker I know. I finally, finally managed to beat him in both of my leagues every time we played this year, so of course when I play him first round in the playoffs I get

CJ Stroud - OUT
Tyreek Hill - OUT
Jonathan Taylor - OUT
Cristian Kirk - OUT
AJ Dillon - OUT
Pittman -injured early in second quarter
Bijan - why even bother

Just going into a playoff round with the absolute dregs of my roster, while this dude just grabs whatever the gently caress Vikings 3rd string RB and stacks 23 points off him right off the bat. My team didn’t even break 80 points lmao

At least I demolished the Tyreek owner in my other league, but now I get to go up against the other dude with a shining golden fountain of unlimited luck in his back pocket this week

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
In yahoo I'm the #1 Seed playing the 4 seed who beat the 5. The 2 seed is playing the 6 seed who beat the 3 seed. Doesn't matter because my team is unstoppable (I wish lose this week and the 3rd place game and finish out of the money after going 13-1)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

Definitely one of those years that reinforces my lovely luck and other’s endless fountain of luck and makes me want to quit fantasy football and never look back lol.

Always get stuck going against my kryptonite, the most annoying smug fucker I know. I finally, finally managed to beat him in both of my leagues every time we played this year, so of course when I play him first round in the playoffs I get

CJ Stroud - OUT
Tyreek Hill - OUT
Jonathan Taylor - OUT
Cristian Kirk - OUT
AJ Dillon - OUT
Pittman -injured early in second quarter
Bijan - why even bother

Just going into a playoff round with the absolute dregs of my roster, while this dude just grabs whatever the gently caress Vikings 3rd string RB and stacks 23 points off him right off the bat. My team didn’t even break 80 points lmao

At least I demolished the Tyreek owner in my other league, but now I get to go up against the other dude with a shining golden fountain of unlimited luck in his back pocket this week

Tyreek might be back? I kind of hope so because Tua desperately needs him.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Bird in a Blender posted:

Tua desperately needs him.

Tyreek is fantastic but that offense seemed to do alright without him.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Tyreek might be back? I kind of hope so because Tua desperately needs him.

I’m eliminated in the league that I own him in, and I eliminated the owner of him in my other league, he has no more fantasy relevance for me

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

saintonan posted:

Your league has playoff reseeding turned on.

ESPN doesn't even seem to have it as an option. So I guess Good Will Hrunting is right, ESPN sucks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Bob A Feet posted:

Tyreek is fantastic but that offense seemed to do alright without him.

Tua needs him though. He put up 13 last week and 9 the week before without him. I don't expect any big performances out of Tua until Tyreek is back.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

The league I’m in is ESPN and was seeded correctly :shrug:

Which means I’m about to get vaporized by the 13-1 1 seed, lol

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I got into my league's two week championship as the 3rd seed against the 4th. :woop:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Started the season 8-2, finished with a five game losing streak despite being the top points scorer. Love me some fantasy.

On the other hand my best ball teams did well. I’ve got 14 left alive. I even had a QBless team advance.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I would prefer that Tyreek not be back, which means he is going to have a "Q" next to his name all week to give me hope and then he will drop three weeks worth of points on my team in the first half alone.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I managed to win the first round of playoffs (standard, 16-team league) starting Tommy Cutlets, flexing a tight end, and streaming Chicago

Now the real question is whether or not Stroud will be back for my second round matchup. I’m not sure I trust Tommy against Philadelphia this week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I'll preface by saying this is mostly me being pessimistic about my team. The Broncos have been run all over this year.

Denver isn’t great vs the run but are we really going to be scared off by 2023 Zeke? Zappe should give up enough sacks and turnovers to make Denver a fine play

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I would prefer that Tyreek not be back, which means he is going to have a "Q" next to his name all week to give me hope and then he will drop three weeks worth of points on my team in the first half alone.

I would like this too (so waddle makes up for being my #2 draft pick from the drat auto draft)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Denver isn’t great vs the run but are we really going to be scared off by 2023 Zeke? Zappe should give up enough sacks and turnovers to make Denver a fine play

I was only thinking about how the Pats scored against the Steelers. But yeah, with New England on the road I'm also starting Denver this week.

(Although continuing to ride the Indy train is tempting)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Dango Bango posted:

I was only thinking about how the Pats scored against the Steelers. But yeah, with New England on the road I'm also starting Denver this week.

(Although continuing to ride the Indy train is tempting)

Didn’t Zappe throw a pick-6 against the Steelers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Didn’t Zappe throw a pick-6 against the Steelers?

No. Pittsburgh had 3 points against NE (I think our defensive scoring is standard...)