Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

https://twitter.com/Wensoing/status/1736809613260108270?t=lYAt6Lvmv9A-b9RhCkpFOQ&s=19
They might further expand on the Greek/Roman stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Favorite racing mode moments so far:

• At the green light less than one second into the race getting instantly pitted, spinning 180, then suddenly flying a random direction, and exploding.
  • Every time I get slammed into by nothing, then a car zips next to me and bounces off where I just was due to desync/latency.

Also the ranking doesn't seem to mean anything. You don't lose enough for a loss and the % for a win is going lim0. But that said, I'm loving it as a kart racer and just keep playing despite it being a pointless distraction in need of love.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I had my favorite racing moment today where a car rammed into me, pushing me into the finish line ahead of it.

And then I got 2nd place.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i had a car pass by me and throw my car into a spin. just by passing by. no collision. my car wildly veered into the guard rail and backwards

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I'm probably not good enough at the game for the weird glitches in racing to actually matter as much to my experience, but what I HAVE noticed is that wow, the quest completion just, doesn't work very well. Some of them seem entirely arbitrary on whether completing the objective counts or not, and some of them are maybe too generous. I can't help but think that the quest to pass other cars while turboing probably isn't meant to be immediately cleared by the boost you get at the start of the race.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

As long as you are populating the matchmaking I don’t think Epic gives much of a poo poo how those quests work

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Well good news everyone. There was an update last night that changed a few things.

Cosmetics now show their rarity in the locker.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Unfortunately I've kind of lost interest in this game until they sort out the locker/presets. Any news on that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Unfortunately I've kind of lost interest in this game until they sort out the locker/presets. Any news on that?

Locker rarity is back, but shuffle return is still being worked on.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Switched back to default skin and accessories and liberated myself from that hell

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mr Hootington posted:

Locker rarity is back, but shuffle return is still being worked on.

What about having my character, skins, emotes etc group together?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Just play the game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't work for epic so I don't know beyond what info is released.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Yon posted:

I'm probably not good enough at the game for the weird glitches in racing to actually matter as much to my experience, but what I HAVE noticed is that wow, the quest completion just, doesn't work very well. Some of them seem entirely arbitrary on whether completing the objective counts or not, and some of them are maybe too generous. I can't help but think that the quest to pass other cars while turboing probably isn't meant to be immediately cleared by the boost you get at the start of the race.

I never know what quest popped because I can't take my eyes off the track to check the blue box pop-up. I'm not a very good driver.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I hope the run speed increase is significant. I’m constantly trying to sprint on empty since picking this game back up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New songs being added Thursday

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
fortnite festival is aids

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh gently caress yes Heartbreaker is gonna kick some rear end

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

PriorMarcus posted:

yeah that's what i need. im far more annoyed none of my poo poo matches without doing extra work.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mr Hootington posted:

It'll be cool playing the song from Riverdale.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

dorium posted:

yeah that's what i need. im far more annoyed none of my poo poo matches without doing extra work.

Yep, still my #1 complaint right now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr Hootington posted:

They should add songs that are fun to play and not just songs people have some vague knowledge of

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

I have no strong feelings about PB, but Imagine Dragons and U2 is extremely some "forced onto your iphone for free" rear end music

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Being slammed into from behind still spun me 180 and directly into a wall at like 700KPH where I safely just came to a dead stop with a "wrong way!" warning flashing at me. But holding down on the D-pad to reset my car position works now at least, so I was able to turn around faster than the lovely turning radius these cars have.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Internals.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/etalkCTV/status/1735761769170133359?t=89Zb2E5asfQLo1g4vXvrLg&s=19

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Lol! The one and only thing I am waiting for them to fix, is still borked. Epic, I want to give you money! Please fix the hellhole that is the locker so I can stop protesting you in my completely unnoticeable, way. :(

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:mcnally:They raised the inventory stack size to 50 in Lego Minecraft:mcnally:

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Seriously all that running and sliding and jumping just to keep me from collecting a bounty on you. Shameful. You know exactly who you are.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

shame on an IGA posted:

:mcnally:They raised the inventory stack size to 50 in Lego Minecraft:mcnally:

On a lot of stuff. Seems mostly mats are fifty and crafted are still 30. That's not hard and fast tho.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

FYI

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GRAPPLER UNVAULTED

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

GRAPPLER UNVAULTED

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The grappler with infinite ammo but ice feet is such a monkeys paw situation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The grappler with infinite ammo but ice feet is such a monkeys paw situation

That was removed. It caused people to move so fast it would crash servers.

Regular grappler is unvaulted

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh nice, the ice feet sort of sucked for any situation other than going fast, so I'm happy about that

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Oh nice, the ice feet sort of sucked for any situation other than going fast, so I'm happy about that

I specifically won a round earlier today because the ice feet helped catch the last dude by surprise.

Glad I got that win in while I could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The ice grappler was so fun, you could just follow the railway line while crouch sliding after each grapple and go three times faster than the train.