Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
They don't let women in the Yakuza, that's why they should be a joshi biker gang, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

World Princess posted:

They don't let women in the Yakuza, that's why they should be a joshi biker gang, duh

cringe normies: omg women in suits cool yakuza

realheads:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Bad AEW opinions videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pxyGeTouU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYyZw82mA8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPev9RhZlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjDQJd8CyhQ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I refuse to click but choose to believe the first thumbnail is 100% correct

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Joey McChrist posted:

*talking about cm punk* HE WAS ABUSIVE TO DA STAFF

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

cringe normies: omg women in suits cool yakuza

realheads:

Sukeban is the other promotion

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Seams posted:

The Joshis in a mafia stable but they’re Italian mafia and they all do the hand thing and talk about ziti and gabbagool

sounds badass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
woke up this morning playing as the ghost of bruno sammertino walks into the ring to the biggest pop ever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seams posted:

The Joshis in a mafia stable but they’re Italian mafia and they all do the hand thing and talk about ziti and gabbagool

Look if this leads to them doing the Jojo part 5 dance before each match than it'd be the best stable ever

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sukeban is the other promotion

Sukeban is more associated with school girl uniforms. This is more in line with bosozoku, which often have ties with yakuza.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

The fact that like 80% of the comments on all of these videos is just people spamming 'TINY CON NEEDS TO BE A BOSS AND NOT A FRIEND" makes me feel like nobody has any clue what that means. Do they really think Bischoff and Vince were never friends with their talent?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Sukeban is more associated with school girl uniforms. This is more in line with bosozoku, which often have ties with yakuza.

Yeah but bosozoku isn't a promotion so I really didn't have a joke there

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah but bosozoku isn't a promotion so I really didn't have a joke there

There is some crossover since both are associated with juvenile delinquency. It's just that sukeban is specifically referring to teenage girls.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Lid posted:

That image by itself definitely doesn't belong in this thread

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Bucks haven't had a match since Full Gear.

Show's been better so yeah, checks out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m gonna ask Shida to do an Italian accent

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

coconono posted:

PINCH the sky, "Very respect"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

The fact that like 80% of the comments on all of these videos is just people spamming 'TINY CON NEEDS TO BE A BOSS AND NOT A FRIEND" makes me feel like nobody has any clue what that means. Do they really think Bischoff and Vince were never friends with their talent?

Remember, this is the Vince who did coke with the wrestlers so he could be "one of the boys." And Bischoff ran a free-admission PPV at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally year after year, losing money, so he and his wrestler buddies could play at being bikers.

But all "Tony has to be a boss, not a friend" really means is "fire the Bucks/Elite." It's certainly not a criticism of Tony bending over backward to appease Punk after his return.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

I must be loyal to my oyabun

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
“Tony needs to be a boss.”
“So he should fire for gross misconduct a man with a track record for fighting backstage when one of those fights put Khan in danger of injury.”
“No, not like that.”

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

coconono posted:

Thatsa spicy gyudon

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gumball Gumption posted:

I must be loyale to my oyabun

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was it taka/all of kaientai who were offered a Yakuza gimmick in the 90s and turned it down because the irl Yakuza would have killed them when they went back to Japan. Sure I remember reading that once

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
DDT already had an itallian mob gimmick called the Itallian 4 Horsemen with Antonio Honda, PIZZA Michinoku, Francesco Togo and I forget who else they just had rotating members with itallian themed names

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Was it taka/all of kaientai who were offered a Yakuza gimmick in the 90s and turned it down because the irl Yakuza would have killed them when they went back to Japan. Sure I remember reading that once

I also remember reading this somewhere at some time.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lid posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Both should have checkmarks since both are good.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

the sex ghost posted:

Pretty sure that was Tajiri if I remember right

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TinTower posted:

“Tony needs to be a boss.”
“So he should fire for gross misconduct a man with a track record for fighting backstage when one of those fights put Khan in danger of injury.”
“No, not like that.”

I watched a video posted in the aew thread that pretty much said that Tony not getting the bucks and punk on the same page and punk going to wwe is the reason why wwe is doing 10k plus shows all the time and why aew is in empty arenas so yeah I think that's what some folks think

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Wintermutant posted:

Pretty sure that was Tajiri if I remember right

Yeah, that was Tajiri in 2003 when he was given 2 henchmen with Akio (aka Jimmy Yang) and Sakoda. Someone (probably Vince) said it should be a Yakuza stable, Tajiri said "gently caress no, I don't the actual Yakuza to kill me", and the stable name was changed to Kyodai.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Shard posted:

I watched a video posted in the aew thread that pretty much said that Tony not getting the bucks and punk on the same page and punk going to wwe is the reason why wwe is doing 10k plus shows all the time and why aew is in empty arenas so yeah I think that's what some folks think

If anything, the problem was that Tony was too lenient on Punk after All Out. Hangman basically saying “hey where’s Colt Cabana these days?” was tame compared to the promos Punk’s been cutting all his life, and if he tried shooting on someone backstage in WWE, he’d get Taker kicking the poo poo out of him there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

If anything, the problem was that Tony was too lenient on Punk after All Out. Hangman basically saying “hey where’s Colt Cabana these days?” was tame compared to the promos Punk’s been cutting all his life, and if he tried shooting on someone backstage in WWE, he’d get Taker kicking the poo poo out of him there.

There have been numerous backstage fights in WWE and punishments are mild.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He also doesn't give a poo poo about most punishment considering the punishment of "Your contract ends, you get no money, you have no legal standing to fight this" didn't work. I guess maybe "The undertaker will kick your rear end right now" is motivating for him but the undertaker probably can't actually do that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Remarkable the number of people on Twitter who are experts at running a wrestling promotion when an infinitely small percentage of the population have ever done that sort of thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The most recent one I can think of was Randy Orton upset about Lesnar busting him open hardway. Was there a more recent one?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

He also doesn't give a poo poo about most punishment considering the punishment of "Your contract ends, you get no money, you have no legal standing to fight this" didn't work. I guess maybe "The undertaker will kick your rear end right now" is motivating for him but the undertaker probably can't actually do that.

i think the undertaker can do that

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

phillip pillowfists vs soupbones, big evil, the most decorated striker in the biz

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

You’d at least be told to job for a month or two in WWE.

Tony gave him a customary suspension but he was injured anyway, and when he came back, he basically gave Punk his own TV show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

The most recent one I can think of was Randy Orton upset about Lesnar busting him open hardway. Was there a more recent one?

If I remember correctly, Randy signed off on it, but it was such a dangerous spot that the other wrestlers didn't know it was planned. I think Jericho pushed Brock up against a wall or got in his face and Brock was like you gonna kiss me or fight me. I think Michael Hayes broke it up saying it was a planned spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TinTower posted:

You’d at least be told to job for a month or two in WWE.
That's normal for like 90% of the WWE roster tho