Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If that's a standard intermodal container, that's, what, like 2200kg/4800lbs even if completely empty? Seems less than ideal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

There's always money in the bananatainer

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Just dont punch the gas it'll be fine

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
back 3/4 is empty, peak OSHA thread commentary unavoidable

all theories must incorporate arrival at destination

any post that uses numbers must incorporate the concept of a lever somewhere, show your work

ComradePyro fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 19, 2023

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

New thread title. Don’t care if it doesn’t fit, pretend it’s a 40’ container on a flat bed and throw it on there. Just make it happen.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Why not just load it like this?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Well that's gonna need some road lowerin'

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The real fun will be when he has to go around a corner

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Scholtz posted:

Hell, it works in death stranding.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Everyone losing their minds about it wouldn't even bat an eyelash if it was a kei truck.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

wiegieman posted:

That's a bike lane. I don't think it's built to hold a cargo truck full of bricks, though it probably should be.

OK sure, but I'm pretty sure the bike lanes in say Finland aren't built on top of massive yawning caverns. That just seems like an incredibly bad idea!

wiegieman posted:

It's raining too, might be new sinkhole caused by washout.

As someone who doesn't know anything about sinkholes (other than they're terrifying and horrible), is that normal? Is that a thing that happens? Is it unique to Asia due to rain levels/specifics of the soil? Or is the opposite the case that for instance here in Finland we're just basically mostly on solid rock so rain can gently caress off and come back in 5000 years?

E:

Grand Fromage posted:

Think of how much money you can skim off if you skimp on building materials.

:hmmyes:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Sinkholes mostly happen when you're building on top of sandy soils - if water gets in underneath your road, it can wash out the soil underneath over time, leaving your road just a freestanding arch on top of a washed-out void.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It can also happen over limestones that are slowly weathered by ground water.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenote

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
some artisanal local fuckling

https://i.imgur.com/Pigltn6.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zssOGsM.mp4

there was nobody inside, harbor inspector just forgot the handbrake during a wind storm

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was gonna say, the boat clearly had the right of way.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can't moor there mate

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I know I joke and say the 4-way flashers are "park anywhere" lights, but that's taking it a bit far.

I do wonder why it didn't sink immediately though. Those seals must be real good on the doors/windows that the weight of the engine isn't pulling it down.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/BUHKh8Z.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Those things are pretty fun, but also the kind of thing where you get through four or five ears and think "ok, that's enough farmwork for me"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Can it do fingernails?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My parents have one of those and it's fun as heck

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's not very OSHA that the above device doesn't have a sticker saying you shouldn't stick your penis in it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ah, summers on the farm. Just need a video of wandering the fields harvesting zucchini and somehow finding some 3 foot long bastard that we'd missed for weeks and I'll be set.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Hand-cranked corn thresher was my nickname in high school.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

It's not very OSHA that the above device doesn't have a sticker saying you shouldn't stick your penis in it.

"Not that kind of cornhole"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mierenneuker posted:

Must mean it's perfectly safe, godspeed

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Human size it and
h.r Giger will plagiarize it as an execution machine

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Can it do fingernails?

Ya, once.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK sure, but I'm pretty sure the bike lanes in say Finland aren't built on top of massive yawning caverns. That just seems like an incredibly bad idea!
Utility tunnel maybe?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Doesn't seem very useful to me

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:golfclap: the watermark is superb

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Slanderer posted:

Probably a confluence of rapid heavy urbanization, climate change and prolific CCTV that lets us see it. Lots of places have car swallowing sinkholes, but CCTV footage seems to be hit or miss

It also likely has to do with too little attention to hydrological engineering. Need a road? Build it, think about the ground water situation later.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

like anyone's using the hand crank instead of a drill

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

shame on an IGA posted:

like anyone's using the hand crank instead of a drill

I assumed there was a way to hook it up to a tractor's PTO

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

That thing was probably designed in the 19th century which is kind of neat that someone figured out how to do all that from a pencil and trial and error.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Drilling my cornhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Scholtz posted:

Drilling my cornhole

These wounds they will not heal