Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Thank you. I don't know what most of the verbs in that post mean but I'll keep it bookmarked.

What do people normally do for flasks? Because I just currently have a mana flask i don't need since i cast from ES now, a quicksilver and i think a phasing flask i never actually remember to hit.

Bases: Jade/Granite to boost your Evasion/Armour, depending on which is your primary (if you have Iron Reflexes, run both), Amethyst if your chaos resist sucks, Silver because Onslaught is almost always good to have, Diamond if you're crit.

Prefixes: Charges when hit if you're an Armour character and get hit a bunch, charges on crit of your crit, duration or charge recovery if neither.

Suffixes: Bleed/Corrupting Blood on life flask, Freeze removal if you don't have that Pantheon, Increased Armour/Evasion on your Jade/Granite, Shock/Poison/Ignite removal depending on which ones gently caress you up the most (Shock can be a sneaky bastard; Poison on Amethyst is a good combo). Attack/Cast speed if you can squeeze it in, but for the most part aim to be defensive with flasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Something a lot of newer people don't realize is that replicating the flask setup of the build you're making is one of the single most important things you can do. Flasks are, for better or for worse, incredibly important in poe. Pretty much every build in poe will be be either hugely underpowered or straight up won't work without the right flasks.

Thankfully it's not that hard to make pretty good flasks, just alt spam until you either hit the mod combo you need or you hit the prefix and then if it's one of the ailment suffixes you need you can just beastcraft that on.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 19, 2023

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And like most items, you need higher level flasks for the better mods.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Flask#Prefix

A strong mod is gain 3 charges when hit by an enemy and that requires level 80 flasks to roll that mod.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
These past few years I thought all the first-week level 100 players I was seeing on poe.ninja were well-rounded and skilled players... turns out you can just hand a few div to a 5-way organizer and they'll level you while you AFK lol. That cheapens it a bit. I had no idea it was *that* fast, like a week worth of playing in 30 minutes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

They actually nerfed the XP gain last league too

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

They actually nerfed the XP gain last league too

And apparently there's a Omen thing I can buy to not lose most of my XP if I die at a really high level? At least as far as trade league is concerned, there's a whole lot of stuff that makes it impossible for wealthy players to fail.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Good. That's how it should be.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Completed my first ever t16 bonus map objective last night so this is already my best league so far. Now to fill out the rest of the atlas and go for some voidstones

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I forgot how to play the game at all and in dire need to heist someones gstash
hell, i'd even join WOKE at this point

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What's the easiest option for 'fire-and-forget' culling strike these days? So combine max duration and survivability (no totems or golems here). Orb of storms + inc duration?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
get it on a charm

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
If I could ever find that drat fortress for a 3rd charm I certainly will

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think Storm Brand would be a better option than OoS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The charms are incredible for everyone . They are super good for totem builds as you can get double taunt on (on placement and on hit) and lock down mob AI

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Time to retire the Ice Nova Jugg, as is my custom. Build was great, did feared fine (error was between keyboard and chair, not the build) and was a dream for t16s. Overall very pleased.

Next up on the hopper is a power siphon / kinetic bolt CI trickster. Haven’t done a wander in ages.

Ice Nova Jugg:

Single Target: A (very good)
Map Clear: S (god bless Vaal ice nova)
Best content: legion, expedition, breach
Worst content: ultimatum
Affordability: get a Time Machine gears expensive now sorry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

def go for the rage on hitting rare or unique for the wander

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

Time to retire the Ice Nova Jugg, as is my custom. Build was great, did feared fine (error was between keyboard and chair, not the build) and was a dream for t16s. Overall very pleased.

Next up on the hopper is a power siphon / kinetic bolt CI trickster. Haven’t done a wander in ages.

Ice Nova Jugg:

Single Target: A (very good)
Map Clear: S (god bless Vaal ice nova)
Best content: legion, expedition, breach
Worst content: ultimatum
Affordability: get a Time Machine gears expensive now sorry
Still blasting a bunch with mine for now, fantastic build. One-deathed the Feared because thanks to jugg I didn't notice I'd been tagged with the synth proj that warps you back - normally I get slowed by them :v:

Next build is probably gonna be an extremely expensively kitted out MF character. I want to make one that can actually handle full juice this league because the payouts are ridiculous.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I never played poison build before so this is dumb, but Caustic Arrow has a hit and leaves a chaos aoe. The hit can poison, but does a mob walking into the degen also poison? I have 105% chance to poison.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

phosdex posted:

I never played poison build before so this is dumb, but Caustic Arrow has a hit and leaves a chaos aoe. The hit can poison, but does a mob walking into the degen also poison? I have 105% chance to poison.
No, only hits can poison.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
With this league mechanic its uncommon to go a map without seeing a Divine, Valdo's Puzzle box, or a Reliquary Key.

League is bonkers once you can start pushing the whisps. Going back to anything else will be rough.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

DangerDongs posted:

With this league mechanic its uncommon to go a map without seeing a Divine, Valdo's Puzzle box, or a Reliquary Key.

League is bonkers once you can start pushing the whisps. Going back to anything else will be rough.

Please share your strategy. I'm doing fine, but nowhere near making over a Div per map.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

DangerDongs posted:

I've still only got my first voidstone and needing to choose between league juicing or guaranteeing I can get atlas completion sucks... but also makes me look forward to when I can finally run wispy maps non-stop.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

phosdex posted:

theshim posted:

No, only hits can poison.

Yep. All poison is a chaos DoT, but not all chaos DoTs are poison. CA's ground effect demonstrates the latter.

Also, being over 100% doesn't mean you have a chance to deal a second stack (I know it works that way in Last Epoch, and probably some other games, but not here).

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Yep. All poison is a chaos DoT, but not all chaos DoTs are poison. CA's ground effect demonstrates the latter.

Also, being over 100% doesn't mean you have a chance to deal a second stack (I know it works that way in Last Epoch, and probably some other games, but not here).

Yeah, I know the 105 doesn't help any extra, just where I am now. Decided to play SSF this league for the first time and just hit white maps. Leveled as Rain of Arrows mostly, going pathfinder now with CA and Toxic Rain on totem. Hoped to get one of the new fun bow gems from lab but no good luck there so far.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WTFBEES posted:

Please share your strategy. I'm doing fine, but nowhere near making over a Div per map.

You are going to laugh at this, but I'm about as close to alch and going that you can while using scarabs and sextants.

If I wanted to juice more I would add the harvest sextants. Waiting to get my Deadeye online for strongboxing, so I am hoarding resources for that.

https://poeplanner.com/a/B4k

Sextants:
- Magic Pack size
- Deli Mirror
- Unidentified Pack size (if unidentified obvs)

Scarabs:
- Polished for 8-mod corrupted
- Rusted for everything else

This isn't an endgame farming strategy, but it's making me bank while I stockpile for more MF farming. I'm sitting on 1300 Awakened Sextants doing this.

Note: 8-mod corrupted maps with full whisps are hard. Very hard.

This is my guy: https://pobb.in/1o6j17oDmimW

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 19, 2023

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i'm gonna do abyss, delirium, and one of [boxes, shrines, harbinger] on burial chambers for my next farming strat i guess.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jinnigan posted:

i'm gonna do abyss, delirium, and one of [boxes, shrines, harbinger] on burial chambers for my next farming strat i guess.

Yeah, not gonna lie, I probably should throw in a gloam shrine sextant just to speed up the runs.

J
Jun 10, 2001

You really, really want to be able to handle wisped up rare mobs this league. Once you can do that, cramming as many rare monsters into your map as you can is just going to lead to all kinds of loot. I strongly recommend leaning into any source of temporary power that you can. Listed in no particular order:

-Shrines, consider the gull or blunderbore for even more shrine action.
-Gloom shrine sextant for explosions.
-"Packed with energy" atlas node to make sulphite into pseudo shrines. Sulphite scarabs or niko sextants are both very cheap.
-"The dutiful soldier" atlas node. Equip Huck with an aura-granting item and it will work in your maps.

Even if you have a Good Build™, wisps can still create some seriously absurd monstrosities this league and having that extra power really helps.

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
Finally got my HH last night (TS deadeye), promptly put in an 8 mod burial chambers juiced with strongboxes, etc, got about 2k wisps of each color, and map proceeded to poo poo out 3 divines, 7 fortunate, and 4 Valdo boxes. This league is bananas.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Yea wisp juice is absurd. It’s not as consistent as sentinel was, but once you get like 6k+ juice, it’s feels like the whole map has been sentinel’d

I only got to run a few yesterday with minimal juice (atlas tree plus rusted scarabs for growing hordes), and one of the maps had like 8k juice and I came away with two divs and a boatload of other currency. It really strains your build, but I like that I am encouraged to make my build fundamentally strong and don’t feel like I’m missing out by not artificially weakening it with MF gear. Of course if you can still pass the gear check with MF it gets even more absurd

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I did so much delirium last league that I almost heard those whispers in my sleep. I said I wouldn't do it again. Last night I found a mirror in a low tier map, and two Delirium Orbs dropped. Easy 16c. Someone tell me another good early farming strat so I don't get addicted to mirrors again.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yea wisp juice is absurd. It’s not as consistent as sentinel was, but once you get like 6k+ juice, it’s feels like the whole map has been sentinel’d

I only got to run a few yesterday with minimal juice (atlas tree plus rusted scarabs for growing hordes), and one of the maps had like 8k juice and I came away with two divs and a boatload of other currency. It really strains your build, but I like that I am encouraged to make my build fundamentally strong and don’t feel like I’m missing out by not artificially weakening it with MF gear. Of course if you can still pass the gear check with MF it gets even more absurd

What'd your six link end up being? I'm in reds now but still on a 5L.

I'm gonna try to post my pob later today to get some help from y'all to figure out what's a good upgrade track. I cleared my first rare t16 ever! avoided juice though for atlas completion. Damage feels good but I'm starting to feel squishy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Started Caustic Arrow pathfinder then rolled something else trying to make the transfigured dual strike gem. First tried doing a cold conversion raider, and Im sure it can work but didnt like it. Went champ and yeah that works way better. You want flat added damage for the skill to take off. Either add flat damage with auras or scale using impales like im doing now.

I think it can be a good league starter because of the skills dynamic. You just need a quick offhand and a hard hitting main hand. You can get to red maps using a frostbreath and ichimonji. A paradoxica is your main BIS and because it avoids super expensive mods its not expensive to upgrade. (Crit and phys or pen) then you can just run a brightbeak on your offhand. You can run a max speed claw just to get lots of life on hit.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LifeLynx posted:

I did so much delirium last league that I almost heard those whispers in my sleep. I said I wouldn't do it again. Last night I found a mirror in a low tier map, and two Delirium Orbs dropped. Easy 16c. Someone tell me another good early farming strat so I don't get addicted to mirrors again.

Legion and expedition.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

External Organs posted:

What'd your six link end up being? I'm in reds now but still on a 5L.

I'm gonna try to post my pob later today to get some help from y'all to figure out what's a good upgrade track. I cleared my first rare t16 ever! avoided juice though for atlas completion. Damage feels good but I'm starting to feel squishy.

I put my guy on ninja if you wanna check it out

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction...f%2BDissipation

I was planning to do a little more of a write up on progress/plans a little later once I get done with work. Build is still far from finished

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I know it's a hot take, and it's great that everyone in the thread seems to be loving the league, but it's pretty flat for me.

People are saying the wildwood rewards are great at the high end, but everything about the mechanic is pretty lame IMO.
- Multiple layers of RNG for progression, terrible
- The "quests" are trash. Kill X mobs? It's like MMO garbage (and I say that as someone who plays a lot of MMO garbage).
- Again, another boss behind RNG. I feel like they have to keep learning that's bad, they fix it, then they do it again with the next boss.
- Another "one death and you're SOL" mechanic. Maybe other people like it, but it's not my taste. The "semi-hardcore mechanics in softcore" stuff that I'm not a fan of.
- No minimap is just dumb IMO. Like, it's not a big deal, but it does nothing but make it confusing if you need to backtrack because you find the vendor immediately, or something. Just a nuisance, with no benefit.

The only thing about wildwood I like, are that the maps have their own little random events and stuff in them. When it isn't needed for progression, I enjoy seeing different stuff popup, just like you see in normal maps.

The Ultimatum implementation is also pretty disappointing. Were the gear rewards corrupted originally? The rewards haven't felt worth doing it, and again, boss behind RNG. Just feels pretty neutered now, but still difficult.

The meta shakeup is welcomed. But I'm more of a downstream beneficiary of that - I'm way to too trash and ignorant of the game to try to make my own builds and have something cool work. So it doesn't directly excite me, but it'll likely give me a new league starter for next league. Putting the gems behind RNG that's behind freaking lab of all things, is just the worst, lol.

That said, the base game is still very strong, and that's what keeps me engaged. I hate that I haven't loved a league mechanic since Sanctum - and even it has a bit of "one death and screw you", but you get a lot of loot along the way at least. Plus I find the difficulty there to be very steady and predictable.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I don't get how people are getting so hot results with wisp juice, I've done about 30 runs of somewhat juiced T8-9 glacier and dunes (can't handle juiced league mechanic above that) with ambush + expedition scarab (legion better but way more expensive), random sextants, all maps 20q+corrupted, switching between ambush, expedition and torment for kirac crafts. This has been profitable, but very much not super profitable. Mostly I am getting a bazillion bubblegum currency, but so far I'm at 3 total exalts and 0 divines, and worse I have barely gotten anything from the league mechanics - no good divination or arcanist strongboxes, actually worse than average expedition currency/logbooks.

I also don't get how people are consistently getting tons of juice. I did 10 maps just now, most of them I didn't ever see a blue trail. 2 of them I got less than 2k juice, average was like 3.5k, one map got 6.1k including 3k blue juice and was by far my best but the actual map then dropped very little despite that. It's still profitable, but between the cost for all the scarabs+sextants+kirac craft+chisels and extra time killing juiced rares it doesn't feel much better than running literal alch+go with nothing else red maps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was napkin mathing some of the rares as having into the billions of ehp

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Does anyone like to wisp juice t16s? 4k+ just feels like it takes way too long to be worth it compared to t11s or something, maybe my damage is just bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t not do the league mechanic .