Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

the trolley problem is solved cause cars can split up and take every possible path to ensure a 100% kill rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

2 anxious 2 drive crew

mommy take me to the store

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Man, remember the [multiple, I think?] threads many years ago about how hot the women of the IDF were? Wild.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I love a woman actively committing war crimes in uniform

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I remember those. They were always dumb. If military service is mandatory for young adults no poo poo there'll be some foxes in the bunch.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

deoju posted:

I remember those. They were always dumb. If military service is mandatory for young adults no poo poo there'll be some foxes in the bunch.

That's why they are called foxholes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"God!"
---Man in foxhole

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

root beer posted:

Man, remember the [multiple, I think?] threads many years ago about how hot the women of the IDF were? Wild.

Apparently the IDF has, or had, a PR wing that specifically did like pinup shoots for american audiences as part of trying to sell Israel as a hip, cool place.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Apparently the IDF has, or had, a PR wing that specifically did like pinup shoots for american audiences as part of trying to sell Israel as a hip, cool place.

Yeah this has been going on for a while and is straight-up propaganda to appeal to the demographic most likely to wield a disproportionate amount of power and influence policy (horny men) and to distract from the awful rates of sexual assault experienced by women soldiers in the IDF and just about every army/branch of service.

Like how Captain Marvel and most of the MCU uses US Military hardware and assistance to get their blockbuster shots in exchange for allowing the Pentagon to influence the script and how they look in the final cut. I brought this up in a grouptext once and someone replied "nuh uh, in Agents of Shield or whatever there's actually a bad guy in the government! He's the villian! Then the 99% of good military guys defeat him, but they show themselves as capable of (incredibly small scale and localized) corruption! how could this be propaganda?" so I could be wrong here.

e: hey, it ain't "Super Depressing Lifestyle Amateur Edition"

but maybe something to bring up in therapy

Dance McPants has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Dec 19, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dance McPants posted:

Yeah this has been going on for a while and is straight-up propaganda to appeal to the demographic most likely to wield a disproportionate amount of power and influence policy (horny men) and to distract from the awful rates of sexual assault experienced by women soldiers in the IDF and just about every army/branch of service.

Like how Captain Marvel and most of the MCU uses US Military hardware and assistance to get their blockbuster shots in exchange for allowing the Pentagon to influence the script and how they look in the final cut. I brought this up in a grouptext once and someone replied "nuh uh, in Agents of Shield or whatever there's actually a bad guy in the government! He's the villian! Then the 99% of good military guys defeat him, but they show themselves as capable of (incredibly small scale and localized) corruption! how could this be propaganda?" so I could be wrong here.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Dance McPants posted:

it's just your imagination

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

OwlFancier posted:

The US Army is doing the same now too with Hailey Lujan, who is supposedly a member of the Army's Psyop wing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SdVFOMYaI
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8HkK13V/
(can't seem to embed TikTok so have the URL link)

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Dec 19, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mauser posted:

Whenever I fire up the VPN for stealing Internet files and then try typing anything into google it makes me go through endless impossible captchas until I give up. You just cannot complete them by clicking on the things they ask for it's bizarre

It depends on reading your post history. With a VPN it can't tell what a good poster you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UuvwY6CdLo

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

The US Army is doing the same now too with Hailey Lujan, who is supposedly a member of the Army's Psyop wing.

I feel like if anyone is so horny that they are influenced by seeing a freckled girl, it's a deserved win for the psyop people. Good on them.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Facebook Aunt posted:

It depends on reading your post history. With a VPN it can't tell what a good poster you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UuvwY6CdLo

that's interesting, but it doesn't explain why it keeps failing me for clicking on the traffic lights unless I'm doing them too fast or something

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Mauser posted:

that's interesting, but it doesn't explain why it keeps failing me for clicking on the traffic lights unless I'm doing them too fast or something

I have that too and I think it has to do with just using a VPN. There are a thousand weirdos using the same IP as you and sometimes it just doesn't accept your CAPTCHA. Using a less popular VPN server/location can help.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lobsterminator posted:

I feel like if anyone is so horny that they are influenced by seeing a freckled girl, it's a deserved win for the psyop people. Good on them.

Nothing wrong with freckles bro

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Milo and POTUS posted:

except he's dead?? cos he saw ants???

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

boofhead posted:

#NVER4GETFRECKLES

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

boofhead posted:

Finally became a good horse

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Finally became a good horse

Yeah, you can't beat a dead one

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://i.imgur.com/qMhmCZe.mp4

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hope it goes as well as the US army esports team lol.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

CPColin posted:

Yeah, you can't beat a dead one

Look at this guy not beating his meat

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Chicks dig scars" is a recruiting tactic as old as the first organized combat unit, this is just evolution at work.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Army psyop isn't allowed to operate domestically. theyre campaigns are big in central and south America tho!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They operate on Chinese tiktok servers so it's legal

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

She’s Australian so it’s all good under FVEY

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
https://fxtwitter.com/OnlyAWorldAway/status/1736863197343469961

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

I will take your THOUGHTS AWAY With my MIIINDD

mystes
May 31, 2006

cat posts.txt posted:

please do

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Pls remake Psi Ops it was a fun game

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dance McPants posted:

e: hey, it ain't "Super Depressing Lifestyle Amateur Edition"

but maybe something to bring up in therapy

The entire MCU (C for cinematic, idk about the comics) is just the United States having a conversation with itself about the most moral way to dominate the world, and fantasising about how it's military is the brave defender of peace and justice. Even the supposedly woke and Afro-centric Black Panther ends with decolonial violence portrayed as evil, with the "good" solution some bland liberal aid program by the country that has hoarded massive wealth and technology.

tldr everything is propaganda, but the MCU is not even remotely veiled

that's the last of the anti car memes, in honour of NZ's new exclusively car-focused govt.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

cat posts.txt posted:

boooweeeeoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

My neckbeard will grow out 2cm more and I already feel my rear end cleavage creeping up, but aside from the templating issues, a card like this would never be green/white.