Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

christmas boots posted:

Have NewKang kill him and make some weird remark about how weak these first generation Kangs are. Never expand on that at all. Done

just replace him with a white man and act like nothings changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just replace him with a white man and act like nothings changed

this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

Weird nutrition facts, I understand sugar but idk if I need the rest

the capsaicin levels are off the charts

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

they should just ask Cavill what he wants to do. No way he'd steer them wrong

A weekly program which consists solely of a single camera trained on Cavill as he paints his Warhams:

Uh, getting these eyes right is really tricky ... swapping brush ...

The wash came out too dark on this Adept. Tempted to just strip it back and start again. Welp, there goes another twenty hours ...

Ah, my back. Too much bending over to paint. I could do a workout, but nah, let's browse DakkaDakka instead ...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what does the AirPower tag mean for the NIN song? is that like a 1999 slurp juice?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nonathlon posted:

A weekly program which consists solely of a single camera trained on Cavill as he paints his Warhams:

The wash came out too dark on this Adept. Tempted to just strip it back and start again. Welp, there goes another twenty hours ...

Ah, my back. Too much bending over to paint. I could do a workout, but nah, let's browse DakkaDakka instead ...

he would get so many donations and Prime Gaming subscriptions on this Twitch channel

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

he should do it in thirst-trap cosplay too

just painting figurines in character as Slutty Geralt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mr Hootington posted:

Season 7 of supernatural is a bit better than 6 so far

Six is absolutely the weakest.

There's one other season that comes close for me later, but all the others are pretty good which is really quiet the feat.

Never has the magic of the first 5, but still good!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

nonathlon posted:

Keep going, I'm almost there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

1glitch0 posted:

Six is absolutely the weakest.

There's one other season that comes close for me later, but all the others are pretty good which is really quiet the feat.

Never has the magic of the first 5, but still good!

Season 1-5 are GOAT.

Seeing how different they look from season 1 to 7 is weird too. They sound different too.

Jared going from skinny, to buff, to skinny buff is weird.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Serious answer: Marlon Wayans for Kang. He's got ripped shredded beastly abs. Very physical actor already comfortable with green screens. I think that would be good.

Less Serious Answer: Have every single black actor in Hollywood play Kang and just mix and match them in post.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

KirbyKhan posted:

Serious answer: Marlon Wayans for Kang. He's got ripped shredded beastly abs. Very physical actor already comfortable with green screens. I think that would be good.

Less Serious Answer: Have every single black actor in Hollywood play Kang and just mix and match them in post.

Kang is a time traveler and has many alternative selves. This is easily explainable in continuity and the Less Serious Answer here should win.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

KirbyKhan posted:

OJ???

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Make the villain of your decade long pipeline of movies literally every black man. It'll be woke, I promise :)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

what does the AirPower tag mean for the NIN song? is that like a 1999 slurp juice?

i think the top list is sales and airpower is radio plays. Nevermind that's wrong it's all one list. Huh.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm sure whatever solution Marvel comes up with it'll be dumber than just recasting and not even acknowledging it within the movies.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Srice posted:

I'm sure whatever solution Marvel comes up with it'll be dumber than just recasting and not even acknowledging it within the movies.

Oh it's gonna be so retarded I can't wait to find out

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Srice posted:

Do they really have a problem with just recasting? Terrence Howard got replaced with Don Cheadle without much fuss.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Srice posted:

Recast Andy Dick as Kang. Make no reference to it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

see this is smart: after the last Kang got convicted for domestic abuse, his replacement is absolutely above reproach in that department!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

Do they really have a problem with just recasting? Terrence Howard got replaced with Don Cheadle without much fuss.

That was early on in the MCU when they would play it fast and loose. Now they do stuff like making Black Panther 2 and being all "Uhhh Black Panther died offscreen between movies" instead of recasting.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh it's gonna be so retarded I can't wait to find out

:hai:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Srice posted:

That was early on in the MCU when they would play it fast and loose. Now they do stuff like making Black Panther 2 and being all "Uhhh Black Panther died offscreen between movies" instead of recasting.

God, they really should of recast him. Now that we're all over the initial shock of him dying I think it's fair to say that Boseman was the worst part of the first film.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Eric Cantonese posted:

Replace Jonathan Majors with Don Cheadle

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

KirbyKhan posted:

Replace Jonathan Majors with Don Cheadle

replace him with Terrence Howard

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Jonathan majors will be replaced with a computerized likeness of himself. this maximizes continuity while ensuring the bad actor is unable to profit from it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

AWWNAW posted:

Jonathan majors will be replaced with a computerized likeness of himself. this maximizes continuity while ensuring the bad actor is unable to profit from it

when is the first time this will happen for real? 2025 too soon?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

when is the first time this will happen for real? 2025 too soon?

I could imagine that at the very least in 2025 we will see AI voices trained on an actor's voice in a movie since there's already some videogames doing that.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

God, they really should of recast him. Now that we're all over the initial shock of him dying I think it's fair to say that Boseman was the worst part of the first film.

He was an okay lead. It's not like the movie was chock full of character development for anyone besides Killmonger.

I also find it weird that people would think Boseman was more of a problem than Girlboss Shuri.

Has anyone done a deep study into African-American portrayals of Africa on film? I always thought that'd be a good thesis for someone in American Studies or another multi-disciplinary field. Wakanda and Zamunda are really interesting reflections of the aspirations of their creators.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Communist Thoughts posted:

I thought it was funny that after the snyder cut somewhat redeemed him he immediately released that unwatchable garbage zombie film and they had to pretend its good

No need for pretending friend, aotd is pretty good, better than he dawn remake imo. And it's not really a zombie movie, they're ghouls. Big difference!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Eric Cantonese posted:

He was an okay lead. It's not like the movie was chock full of character development for anyone besides Killmonger.

I also find it weird that people would think Boseman was more of a problem than Girlboss Shuri.

Shuri was fine in Black Panther and Avengers, she just cant carry a film by herself and it turns out her actress is insane.

But honestly if they had just recast Black Panther would we have lost anything?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation

PriorMarcus posted:

But honestly if they had just recast Black Panther would we have lost anything?

no, it's a comic book movie, you just need a guy who fits the suit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
they put Paul Rudd in one of these lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

Recast Andy Dick as Kang. Make no reference to it.

Don’t be ridiculous he’s too old

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Eric Cantonese posted:

Has anyone done a deep study into African-American portrayals of Africa on film? I always thought that'd be a good thesis for someone in American Studies or another multi-disciplinary field. Wakanda and Zamunda are really interesting reflections of the aspirations of their creators.
Outcry from left, right, and center, as study concludes that African-Americans are Americans, with all that entails.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Outcry from left, right, and center, as study concludes that African-Americans are Americans, with all that entails.

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20210304-is-hollywood-ready-to-stop-stereotyping-africa

This might not have a ton of new insights, but it is an interesting read. I'd like more stuff like this.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Had my tv programmed to turn on MTV in the morning for school and Rearranged was a surprisingly smooth way to wake up. They must've known this because they kept playing it around that hour

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder if you asked MCU people whether Wakanda (a country where the absolute monarch is decided via waterfall fist fight) is a democracy, how many of them would say yes

The definition of democracy is very elastic among libs

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Wakanda's wealth and power comes from Vibranium. Does that mean it has the same economic challenges other commodity-dependent nations face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Eric Cantonese posted:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20210304-is-hollywood-ready-to-stop-stereotyping-africa

This might not have a ton of new insights, but it is an interesting read. I'd like more stuff like this.
I hadn't considered it, but it'd be cool if streaming put the eyes of the West on African cinema like it did with Korea. Though Korea probably had a larger base level of attention to work from.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Wakanda's wealth and power comes from Vibranium. Does that mean it has the same economic challenges other commodity-dependent nations face?
Isn't it functionally more like it has an entirely parallel scientific trajectory? Like, it's not the equivalent of an oil exporting economy like Saudi Arabia, but more like an oil-dependent diversified economy like that of the US.