Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

If you watch the video it's less convincing, he's plenty red. I'm guessing it's metal mario.

edit: oops nevermind, starting page 100 with "it is definitely luigi"

Friend fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Friend posted:

"it is definitely luigi"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Mr Phillby posted:

My response to that is what are you talking about the lives counter is completely the wrong colour? Its very desaturated on the right and appears as a greenish smear on the left. both screens in the video have the same heavy colour bleed going on. Only large blocks of colour appear to display the correct colour on these screens and even then thats only because they exeed the size of the bleed effect which seems to be of a sufficient depth to have affected the entirely of the player model. The green on the mario/luigi does appear more vivid and if the red is bleeding into the white background to the left its not perceivable like it is with the large mario on the right screen.

I honestly dont know if this footage is mario or luigi, it would be supprising to me if they'd shown real footage of luigi playable at spaceworld and nobody remembered it until now, but stranger things have happened. Personally i think basing anything off the colours of these few hosed up frames of vhs footage on a crt screen is not going to get a definitive answer.

Now that I'm on a different device, the color bleed is more obvious...except... What I see is the red bleeding towards the right until it touches the <unidentified Italian object> but then as you continue to the right suddenly now there's a bright green tinge as the bleed continues... Almost as if something green was just to the left... Then the green bleed stops and you get one last smudge of red escaping from the green-on-red browner bit.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Clearly this won't be resolved until someone sources the test map to color check against that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

someone found a 1.2TB archive of old iOS app test builds that were scraped from a misconfigured apple CDN endpoint

on the other hand, it's mobile games so there's probably not much interesting in there

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Luigi doesn't exist. It's just your dad in a suit with a fake mustache.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Quiet Feet posted:

Luigi is just 3 goombas and a crayon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Quiet Feet posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PuttyKnife posted:

Luigi is just 3 goombas and a crayon.

Excuse me. Luigi is a respected doctor.

I will not have you disrespecting him.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quiet Feet posted:

dad why didnt you tell me you had a mansion

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

repiv posted:

someone found a 1.2TB archive of old iOS app test builds that were scraped from a misconfigured apple CDN endpoint

on the other hand, it's mobile games so there's probably not much interesting in there

Metal Gear Solid Touch!!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

repiv posted:

I’d be interested what could be in this. I have fond memories of that short period of iPhone games before everything went F2P.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the builds are from 2012-2015

https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/18/24006406/testflight-teraleak-game-preservationists

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
supposedly that was already well known about, just someone found it today and gave it a funny name so it's back in the news

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Now that I'm on a different device, the color bleed is more obvious...except... What I see is the red bleeding towards the right until it touches the <unidentified Italian object> but then as you continue to the right suddenly now there's a bright green tinge as the bleed continues... Almost as if something green was just to the left... Then the green bleed stops and you get one last smudge of red escaping from the green-on-red browner bit.

Cut Content & Beta Discoveries: <unidentified Italian object>

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Possible plumber detected.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

"Is This Luigi or Blurry Mario" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Scalding Coffee posted:

Possible plumber detected.

Plumber alert.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
L is Real and I know this in my heart. I'm sorry you lack such faith.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
In Spanish that means royal which then implies Luigi is part of Princess Peach's family.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

In Spanish that means royal which then implies Luigi is part of Princess Peach's family.

Well, yeah, he's her Brother In Law.

Also Daisy's wife.

Edit: I actually meant to type husband there but I'm keeping the typo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Posts with threatening Luigi auras

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Also Daisy's wife.

I mean, he's not her brother-in-law yet, but that's only because of Mario wasting all of his coins on a crippling mushroom addiction, and unable to save up enough to get her a ring and propose.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Randalor posted:

I mean, he's not her brother-in-law yet, but that's only because of Mario wasting all of his coins on a crippling mushroom addiction, and unable to save up enough to get her a ring and propose.

:colbert:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That's clearly a bathtub ring, not an engagement ring.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ImpAtom posted:

Also Daisy's wife.

No wonder L has the death stare during his racing games.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Randalor posted:

That's clearly a bathtub ring, not an engagement ring.
yeah and the recent remake renamed it the Nurture Ring to make it more clear that you used it to hatch the egg

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah and the recent remake renamed it the Nurture Ring to make it more clear that you used it to hatch the egg

I love all the weird rear end secrets that game has and I did them all during my playthrough of the remake.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

A whole bunch of Insomniac stuff leaked. https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/18lvqor/insomniac_leaks_compilation/. There is a bunch of info on a WIP wolverine game and a bunch of other interesting documents too.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

turns out alien resurrection for PS1 has a secret which intentionally allows it to be used as a boot disc for loading burned CDs, which flew under sony's radar and was undiscovered until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRB7iUCX4KQ

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

repiv posted:

turns out alien resurrection for PS1 has a secret which intentionally allows it to be used as a boot disc for loading burned CDs, which flew under sony's radar and was undiscovered until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRB7iUCX4KQ

This was the one where a game reviewer talked about how the scariest thing was its controls, and proceeded to describe modern day console FPS controls, yeah?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Leal posted:

This was the one where a game reviewer talked about how the scariest thing was its controls, and proceeded to describe modern day console FPS controls, yeah?

Yup, Civvie 11 did a video on it and made a point of bringing up that article as an example of how the game was unjustly treated by reviewers for being ahead of its time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
that goes pretty cheap on ebay, been meaning to pick it up cos it sounds like it owns.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

IShallRiseAgain posted:

A whole bunch of Insomniac stuff leaked. https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/18lvqor/insomniac_leaks_compilation/. There is a bunch of info on a WIP wolverine game and a bunch of other interesting documents too.

Less a leak and more of a hack: https://www.cyberdaily.au/culture/9931-spider-man-2-developer-insomniac-games-hit-by-rhysida-ransomware-attack

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yeah i'd say the insominac hack is outside of the purpose of this thread

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah i'd say the insominac hack is outside of the purpose of this thread

The thread was originally about the Nintendo gigaleak. Its just expanded in scope.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I think the problem here is this leak has a lot of employee and business information, plus the content is more recent. I’d be all for finding early Spiderman builds, but as it stands it’s basically a crime scene

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
That's why you don't touch the poop and let other people sort it out.

(TCRF similarly has a rule where we don't touch games before "street date" if they get leaked early, like SMRPG's remake was.)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Huh i didn't know this thread is only as recent as the gigaleak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The thread was originally about the Nintendo gigaleak. Its just expanded in scope.

yeah and everything, and i do mean everything, posted since has been about old canned beta stuff and cut content from old and released or canned unreleased stuff in a "atlantis is real" kinda way lol. including the gigaleak. not 3 x-men games that havent seen the light of day yet getting worked on while devs passports get spread around. not trying to be an rear end in a top hat and police the thread but the capcom ransomware didnt get posted in here either, its not really a modern leak hype thread for upcoming games. we're chatting about it in the ps5 thread if you wanna join in tho

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 19, 2023