Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hey, at least we narrowly avoided the plan to house rejected asylum seekers on that plague island, they'll have to be content with the concentration camps inside military training areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

dumb news from a dumb country:

https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgium/840650/former-vlaams-belang-mp-exposed-as-chinese-spy

quote:

Former Vlaams Belang MP exposed as Chinese spy

For over three years, the Flemish far-right nationalist Frank Creyelman was used as an informer by Chinese intelligence services in an attempt to influence Belgian policy in favour of forwarding Beijing's interests.

The Flemish nationalist has been exposed thanks to leaked text messages obtained during a joint investigation of the Financial Times, Der Spiegel and Le Monde, and reported on by Belga News Agency.

An agent of the Chinese Ministry of State Security – a man named Daniel Woo –put the former Vlaams Belang politician under pressure to influence discussions in Europe on Chinese issues. Some of the issues include Chinese repression in Hong Kong and the persecution of Uyghurs in Xinjiang province.

The day after Charles Michel was elected President of the European Council, Creyelman received a first message from Woo on 3 July 2019 asking him to "report on Charles Michel, his political views, his personality, his hobbies and his opinion of [China]." A reminder was sent three days later to Creyelman.

In his initial response, he limited himself to stating that the former Belgian Prime Minister had "bought" his new position through political manoeuvring. According to Creyelman, Michel also had links with "internationalists close to George Soros," an American billionaire of Hungarian origin who is often targeted by far-right antisemitic conspiracies. "He loves money, but is no friend of China or Russia,” added Creyelman.

As German Chancellor Olaf Scholz was about to visit China at the end of last year, Woo asked Creyelman to persuade two right-wing members of the European Parliament to state publicly that the US and UK were undermining European energy security.

"Our goal is to divide US-EU relations," Woo said in a message to Creyelman.

A 2021 exchange between the two men shows, again according to the press, that Woo also told Creyelman that he had been ordered "to attack Adrian Zenz", a German anthropology researcher who helped reveal how China was detaining hundreds of thousands of Uighurs in Xinjiang.

Creyelman was also asked for help with disrupting a conference on Taiwan. The pair also discussed paying an intermediary to influence a Catholic cardinal to warn against politicising the Covid-19 pandemic, around the time when China was under international pressure over the virus having originated in Wuhan, China, in late 2019.
so one of our nazis has been outed as working for chinese intelligence. this is a remarkable display of incompetence on part of chinese intelligence. i get that targetting idiots as assets is common practice, but you shouldn't pick one that'll just send you links to stormfront when you ask for intelligence on charles michel.

creyelman has been kicked from Vlaams Belang, the fascist party, obviously. now im waiting to see how instead of examining the motives of Vlaams Belang, this'll just end up with another round of china bashing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SplitSoul posted:

Hey, at least we narrowly avoided the plan to house rejected asylum seekers on that plague island, they'll have to be content with the concentration camps inside military training areas.

also to be clear, the term "plague island" is quite literal, like it has been used for disease research for decades:
https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindholm_(Stege_Bugt)

A Buttery Pastry posted:

We beat you to the idea by a year, which is just further proof of how much the UK has fallen behind. It can't even come up with its own racist schemes anymore, it has to import them.

tbh ive always assumed it was some long scheme we were cooking up together that got hosed up by brexit

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Carthag Tuek posted:

tbh ive always assumed it was some long scheme we were cooking up together that got hosed up by brexit
ah, a thorning-schmidt-kinnock plan. well, the point stands then, given that she's clearly the brains of that operation.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vlaams Belang

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mods pls

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
In other news Dutch parliament saw fit yesterday to elect a fascist as chair. He has previously worn the flag used by the collaborationist WW2 era Dutch nazi party (the NSB), the Prinsenvlag, in parliament. He has also written a book about Dutch & South African relations. The central thesis of the book is that the communist ANC waged a criminal war of terror and torture to impose anti-white Apartheid in South Africa, aided by left wing Dutch politicians, who seek to do the same in the Netherlands, which he ties into the great replacement theory which he also espouses. He also posits that South Africa was better for everyone back when it was run by whites.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Orange Devil posted:

In other news Dutch parliament saw fit yesterday to elect a fascist as chair. He has previously worn the flag used by the collaborationist WW2 era Dutch nazi party (the NSB), the Prinsenvlag, in parliament. He has also written a book about Dutch & South African relations. The central thesis of the book is that the communist ANC waged a criminal war of terror and torture to impose anti-white Apartheid in South Africa, aided by left wing Dutch politicians, who seek to do the same in the Netherlands, which he ties into the great replacement theory which he also espouses. He also posits that South Africa was better for everyone back when it was run by whites.

that fuckin sucks

sometimes i wish we we still had the death penalty for nazi treason, but the wording is broad enough that it would just be used on random brown and/or left people instead so maybe its good we dont

but still, those kinds of people... there ought to be a law.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Germany seems like one of the worst places in Europe to be openly pro-palestine (maybe only second to the UK), even have the gall to stifle anti-zionist jews with direct familial ties to the holocaust.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean it's probably a lot worse in England and Wales, considering the First Minister of Scotland is a Muslim with family from Gaza, so he probably supports Palestinians a tiny bit more than the colonisers

still sucks tho!!!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

R. Mute posted:

dumb news from a dumb country:

https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgium/840650/former-vlaams-belang-mp-exposed-as-chinese-spy

so one of our nazis has been outed as working for chinese intelligence. this is a remarkable display of incompetence on part of chinese intelligence. i get that targetting idiots as assets is common practice, but you shouldn't pick one that'll just send you links to stormfront when you ask for intelligence on charles michel.

creyelman has been kicked from Vlaams Belang, the fascist party, obviously. now im waiting to see how instead of examining the motives of Vlaams Belang, this'll just end up with another round of china bashing.

in retaliation they should export ban chocolates to china, that will show em who's boss

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i wanna throw a skakbræt lavet ud af træ at hele regeringen

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Palladium posted:

in retaliation they should export ban chocolates to china, that will show em who's boss

China developing a domestic chocolate industry in response would be funny so sure, why not.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Carthag Tuek posted:

i wanna throw a skakbræt lavet ud af træ at hele regeringen

hell, same

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

Insane, manufacturing and service PMI in France is so bad it's approaching COVID shutdown levels. Same picture in Germany and several other European countries.

Europe is really losing on all sides these days: losing its cheap energy from Russia, losing whatever remained of its manufacturing to the US with the Inflation Reduction Act, losing its relations with the Global South due to its gobsmacking geopolitical incompetence, losing the next generation with plummetting education levels (check the latest OECD PISA results), losing the innovation and R&D race to the US and China, just losing, losing, losing.

And there's no-one, absolutely no-one that I can see in the political spectrum in any of the major European countries who seem to have the beginning of a start of a appealing vision to restore things. All I can see is either denial ("we're not losing"), blame the immigrants (as if they had anything to do with any of this), blame Russia or China, or some ludicrously naïve proposals like "let's embrace degrowth".

And that's the real issue: we lose so much because Europe has stunningly incompetent leadership who simply don't know what to do.

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1736762863514223026?t=O1_tCBE5QlkdY5Q2I7y3-g&s=19

[Europe] losing, losing, losing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think they're onto something that best case scenario, Europe's going to be an open-air museum within a couple decades, as much as it's still liveable.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mojahedin-e-Khalq attended a conference in the Danish parliament. :lmao:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

crepeface posted:

[Europe] losing, losing, losing.

their very well-equipped navies can still sign up to get owned by yemen

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

gonna have to find a ticket to china and gtf out of here

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

R. Mute posted:

i get that targetting idiots as assets is common practice, but you shouldn't pick one that'll just send you links to stormfront when you ask for intelligence on charles michel.

Literally every Nazi in existence is (knowingly or not) working for a foreign power lmao.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

double nine posted:

gonna have to find a ticket to china and gtf out of here

Same, got a cousin there already, just need to bring my mom with me

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Honest Thief posted:

Same, got a cousin there already, just need to bring my mom with me

I'm dangerously underqualified so there's no chance of that happening lol
gonna go down with this ship like a good working class boy

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

double nine posted:

I'm dangerously underqualified so there's no chance of that happening lol
gonna go down with this ship like a good working class boy

I got fired of a complacent tech job and can't compete with anyone in the euro market much less China so if I went I'd be opening a portuguese food joint lol

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark signed an agreement with the U.S. to host American troops and military equipment. It cannot be revised for the next decade. It also stipulates that American troops cannot be charged for crimes committed against Danes on Danish soil. Mette Frederiksen is likely the worst PM in this country's history and that's saying something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm calling the recruiter as I post

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

Denmark signed an agreement with the U.S. to host American troops and military equipment. It cannot be revised for the next decade. It also stipulates that American troops cannot be charged for crimes committed against Danes on Danish soil. Mette Frederiksen is likely the worst PM in this country's history and that's saying something.

dont like this

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

lol great job

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Art of the deal motherfucker

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

genericnick posted:

Art of the deal motherfucker

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

SplitSoul posted:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont like this

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SplitSoul posted:

on this note, norway probably blazed the way for denmark being awful

sorry about that

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

seems to be the fashionable thing to do, sweden just did the same, including the part where they basically have legal immunity, lmao.

oh and also they won’t be paying any taxes at all while here, including sales tax.

and we’re technically not even in nato yet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

The Yankee colonization of Europe continues

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
You'll be shocked to learn that the French Parliament passed a new immigration bill last night with some serious bullshit in it. We've got quotas, we've got French language tests for multi-year visas, we've got delays on getting unemployment benefits, we've got ending automatic citizenship for children born to foreigners, we've got making foreign students give a deposit to pay for their potential deportation, we've got making family reunification harder, oh yeaaaah we've got some good ol' racism right there

Marine Le Pen is very happy :

The Fash posted:

We can rejoice in ideological progress, an ideological victory even for the Rassemblement National party, since this is now enshrined into law as a national priority.

A cabinet minister resigned in protest. Unless he didn't, the prime minister says he didn't and she couldn't possibly be lying, right?

Emmanuel Macron himself is asking for a constitutional review of the bill his own party voted just last night because several parts of it are clearly unconstitutional. The prime minister agrees.

The worst people alive all agree though : it's a great victory against the far-right, make no mistake.

https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1737385194703732923

Kassad has issued a correction as of 11:58 on Dec 20, 2023

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oh, and it should be added that the agreement was kept secret until the last second and wasn't subject to any sort of democratic debate. Just the government saddling the country with these rape troops for a minimum of 11 years without consulting the public at all (agreement is non-negotiable for 10 years and can't be revoked without a one-year reprieve).

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Oh, and it should be added that the agreement was kept secret until the last second and wasn't subject to any sort of democratic debate. Just the government saddling the country with these rape troops for a minimum of 11 years without consulting the public at all (agreement is non-negotiable for 10 years and can't be revoked without a one-year reprieve).

Makes sense, Russia might be already invading as I type this. No time at all!

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

I'm sure all the right wing parties whose ethos is defending national sovereignty against foreigner thieves and rapists will get right on this

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmao extraterritorial rights. Unequal treaties eh?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Knowing my ex Finns coworkers, big nato heads, they're jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tankbuster posted:

lmao extraterritorial rights. Unequal treaties eh?
Unequal treaties just means America is saddling the world with 1 billion Danes in 2150.