Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I'd never heard of OpenBoR until I got my first Anbernic but now it seems like everything supports it. Are there any OpenBoR projects generally considered to be must-haves, or is it a Zelda Classic kind of thing where it's basically just a novelty that occasionally manages to produce a few inspired moments amid a sea of overly limited and amateurish design?
The latter, but there are some gems. The most popular and well-made games generally merge whole series together into big megagames, like Streets of Rage and Golden Ax. There's also a badass Double Dragon game that adds a bunch of pro wrestlers, and grappling. You can throw dudes around as Andre the Giant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
loving my 35XX Plus. perfect mix of size/performance. having WiFi and HDMI on the same device is so nice and the extra battery life is noticeable.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is the anbernic arc saturn controller thing more powerful than the retroid 2s?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

icantfindaname posted:

No, it’s a fair amount weaker.

Jesus Kristov
May 2, 2007

Stop liking anime you little shits. I didn't die on the cross for you to do that.
Pretty sure it's not quite as powerful. Real pity, cause if it could more competently handle the Saturn it'd be a must buy.

If they do an upgrade they can model it on the Saturn analogue controller. Make it the size of a plate and put enormous triggers and that weird ball/stick on it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

icantfindaname posted:

The RG-ARC is basically the same internals as the RG353 series of devices so definitely not

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Jesus Kristov posted:

Pretty sure it's not quite as powerful. Real pity, cause if it could more competently handle the Saturn it'd be a must buy.

If they do an upgrade they can model it on the Saturn analogue controller. Make it the size of a plate and put enormous triggers and that weird ball/stick on it.

Ugh this would be my dream, especially if they used the screen from the RGB30. Just a big dumb rectangle with the same layout as the analog controller on either side.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
My dream is an OG Xbox controller shaped console that can play Metal Wolf Chaos.

signed by J Allard

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Got a refund for my RP3+ order :toot:
RP4 Preorders go live in less than 48 hours :toot:

Gonna grab a RP4 Pro in 16 Bit I think

Why didn't you do a clear purple option :argh:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 19, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Or even the normal purple that basically all my emulator handhelds are since the RG351.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I whisper into the air:

Make it a fliptop

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

another disgusting slab for the slab lovers....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

another disgusting slab for the slab lovers....

While I was researching all these different handhelds I kept expecting a DS/3DS clone to pop-up.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Infinitum posted:

While I was researching all these different handhelds I kept expecting a DS/3DS clone to pop-up.

Ayaneo have a dual screen device coming out (they even called it the “Flip DS”) but it’ll probably cost a fortune.

Jesus Kristov
May 2, 2007

Stop liking anime you little shits. I didn't die on the cross for you to do that.
Make a neGcon with a screen on it you cowards

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Infinitum posted:

Why didn't you do a clear purple option :argh:

That's reserved for RP4 Pro PlusMax, sorry.

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 19, 2023

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Jesus Kristov posted:

fun fact: the Saturn 3D Pad used a Hall effect stick!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

and look where that got them!

good business is to save 5 cents on sticks and make bank selling replacement controllers that start drifting out of warranty

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Infinitum posted:

I think it's just easier / cheaper to buy an actual DS/3DS and put CFW on it at this point to play that stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pricing on 3DS is still pretty variable. I've seen them go for $150 all the way up to $450. So Ayaneo might have a market in a year or so.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The Saturn was actually a flop because they couldn't charge for analog stick drift repairs. Single-handedly put Sega out of business.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
How many analog sticks did Nintendo sell for the N64 due to people grinding them to a nub with Mario Party?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Silly Burrito posted:

How many analog sticks did Nintendo sell for the N64 due to people grinding them to a nub with Mario Party?

Let's just say that Miyamoto sat on a throne of them...

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Silly Burrito posted:

GENERATE ELECTRICITY WITH THE BIKE!!!!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Undecided about colour for the RP4P..

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah that is a tough one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm still probably going the PAL 16 Bit, but they showed off 2 videos of the Green and Red clears in action and they look real good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcq5hB7QMoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi_1r8vfyTg

Green looks real nice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Umming and ahhing between ice blue and 16 bit US (I like purple and also the colder grey is nicer to me)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also looking at the grip, and mocked this up.

Looks like a panda :lol:

If I do grab one it'll probably be the clear grip.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Clear red is the obvious winner imo

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

hatty posted:

yuuuup

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Anbernic just announced a horizontal version of the RG35XX Plus, the RG35XX H, seems to basically just be them sticking the guts of that into the RG351P case

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Just saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_bwGpeyBwM

How does it compare to other older RG350 variants?

Being able to hook up to the TV and connect to 3, 4 bt controllers is nice. Is this new? Can the RG ARC do this?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

hatty posted:

"Cled" doesn't even have the same ring to it that "clue" does, let alone "clurple"! :frogout:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

My Odin 2 has been sitting in Atlanta for a few days now and I don't get another day off until Christmas.

drat you, Pitney Bowes! :argh:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Commander Keene posted:

"Cled" doesn't even have the same ring to it that "clue" does, let alone "clurple"! :frogout:

CleaRed? Rear? you might be right

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Preorders live
https://www.goretroid.com/collections/frontpage/products/retroid-pocket-4-handheld

Grip and case if you want them as well
https://www.goretroid.com/products/retroid-official-grip-for-rp4-4pro
https://www.goretroid.com/products/retroid-pocket-4-4pro-carrying-case

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RP4/Pro preorders are up, got mine in with case and grip :letsgo:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I got a clue pro and the grip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

odd that the regular gets android 11 and the pro gets android 13, when going by wikipedia the D900 launched slightly more recently than the D1100

might still be mediateks fault though