Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Apraxin posted:

no, he still is - hasn't resigned and is hinting at Dark Forces being responsible for his current troubles

potential for some big/bleak lols if he stands as an independent in the byelection

Mad Nads welcomes him into the Resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Apraxin posted:

no, he still is - hasn't resigned and is hinting at Dark Forces being responsible for his current troubles

potential for some big/bleak lols if he stands as an independent in the byelection

at first I parsed that as him getting really into the old but excellent star wars video games and just nodded along

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Most people did not, in fact, vote for kyle katarn to force lightning me out of the star destroyer hangar.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Seems they've lost Piers Morgan.

(Audio is in English)

https://x.com/BitarSamira/status/1737186812123115736?s=20

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
trying to figure out what a "sustainable ceasefire" means as opposed to a regular ceasefire and as far as I can tell it means getting the idf to stop firing once someone somewhere decides they have done enough firing. this sounds good because it has nice words like "sustainable" and "ceasefire" and sounds Reasonable because obviously people wanting an immediate ceasefire are wild impatient fools who just don't truly know how to forever solve the middle east like these sensible suit men do. they haven't thought through a sustainable plan to fix things such as letting the idf do some more war crimes until uh, sometime, maybe. love the amount of effort put into shuffling words around to sound as if the government gives a poo poo, imagine if a quarter of that effort was put into actually doing things

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Convex posted:

:nice:

that'd be worth a bit these days!

Rise of the Triad is going for over a hundred quid on ebay, are people actually paying that, or is it wishful thinking on the part of the seller? I'm sitting on a shedload of old big box PC games I've had no idea what to do with, I'll need to have a look.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fatty posted:

I'm sitting on a shedload of old big box PC games

Ah this is the Gamer Thrones that was popular a few years back..?

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
God, now I genuinely don't know whether to sell them or make them into a big armchair.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tigey posted:

I had all of these and wish I'd kept the boxes. Ah well.

They actually released a remastered version of Rise of the Triad a few months ago, with a bunch of improvements including cut content (like enemies cut from the release version).

What really sucks is that its just the boxes. Not the manuals or the CDs (or diskettes in some cases) :(

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I miss getting pc games in boxes. They always came with extra stuff like maps and booklets.

I remember getting Fa18 Hornet and the manual being thick enough to sit on.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Fatty posted:

Rise of the Triad is going for over a hundred quid on ebay, are people actually paying that, or is it wishful thinking on the part of the seller? I'm sitting on a shedload of old big box PC games I've had no idea what to do with, I'll need to have a look.

Look for sold items under advanced search.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The Warcraft II manual was cool as hell, had lots of interesting stories about characters and the world in it. I liked reading it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The Arcanum manual had recipes. For cooking food, not spells, but still kind of cool.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

escapegoat posted:

Look for sold items under advanced search.
Well that's a loving gamechanger, thankyou!

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

serious gaylord posted:

I miss getting pc games in boxes. They always came with extra stuff like maps and booklets.

I remember getting Fa18 Hornet and the manual being thick enough to sit on.

Trying to fly this Fa18 Hornet but the flight manual is dummy thicc and the clap of the pages flipping keeps alerting the enemy.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Amiga games with a box the size of a shoe box, containing a single 3.5" floppy disk and A5 size manual with like 4 pages.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I hear the Tories have fixed inflation so it's all good now. Please don't listen to the haters

https://twitter.com/hilaryosborne/status/1737391583664775533?t=eeYVyhKYuqL72QLRuMqnQQ&s=19

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I had 8 bottles of olive oil left over from the Brexit stash, all gone now and we’re back on the sunflower. Should have hodl’d it, I’d be a millionaire by now. I’ve become one of those people who angrily mutters “well I’m not paying that” and deliberately puts stuff back on the shelf wrong to prove a point of some kind.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sanford posted:

I had 8 bottles of olive oil left over from the Brexit stash, all gone now and we’re back on the sunflower. Should have hodl’d it, I’d be a millionaire by now. I’ve become one of those people who angrily mutters “well I’m not paying that” and deliberately puts stuff back on the shelf wrong to prove a point of some kind.

That's me in HMV looking at vinyl. Fifty quid for this Type O Neg record? gently caress off

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Reclaim party is too extreme for Bridgen. lol and lmao

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

The Reclaim party is too extreme for Bridgen. lol and lmao

He still supports their policies and values. What he means is that Lozza won't make him deputy leader.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jedit posted:

He still supports their policies and values. What he means is that Lozza won't make him deputy leader.

This. And also he fancies in on a bit of Reform Kipper action now that it sounds like the Chief Twat is going to get back in the saddle after his jungle japes

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Is anyone else getting Xmas cards delivered by RM? Just back from a week away and not a single card amongst the mail. Maybe everyone just hates us.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Is anyone else getting Xmas cards delivered by RM? Just back from a week away and not a single card amongst the mail. Maybe everyone just hates us.

Yes, I've gotten several. Although apparently Royal Mail are prioritising parcels which means it could take a little longer for letters to be sent. But that means a couple of days longer than usual

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

I guess I should have read his final paragraph before posting, but I was laughing too much at the time. Now I know the real reason, I'm laughing even harder. Thanks for the correction

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Is there any real policy difference between Reclaim and Reform? They both seem like reactionary populist parties running on a "Conservatives are the loony left and won't stop the boats" with the only difference is that one is also "keep Laurence Fox vaguely relevant"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Is there any real policy difference between Reclaim and Reform? They both seem like reactionary populist parties running on a "Conservatives are the loony left and won't stop the boats" with the only difference is that one is also "keep Laurence Fox vaguely relevant"

One is run by a posh divorced twat whose kids hate him and clearly has addiction issues and the other .. ah. Erm.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

is there any real policy difference between any of your national political parties

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

is there any real policy difference between any of your national political parties

Umm, the colour of their rosette is a huge difference thank you very much

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Jack Johnson (CON) thinks the 3% titanium tax is going too far, whereas John Jackson (LAB) thinks the 3% titanium tax doesn't go far enough.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sanford posted:

I'm in this post and I don't like it

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

forkboy84 posted:

That's me in HMV looking at vinyl. Fifty quid for this Type O Neg record? gently caress off

Turns out their best song is about periods? Disgusting. You should pay me to take this away.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I regularly just burst into laughter at the INSANE price of basic food items these days.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Sanford posted:

Been on this path a long while...

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Sanford posted:

Turns out their best song is about periods? Disgusting. You should pay me to take this away.

Their best song is about a goth girlfriend

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sanford posted:

My Brexit pile has also diminished; down to my last three bottles of olive oil, still have 3-4 years worth of Gaviscon tablets (£13.50 for 24 now, definitely saved a huge amount on that one) and am slowly working my through the last of my lentil/dried beans.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DreddyMatt posted:

Their best song is about a goth girlfriend

Incorrect, it's about the girlfriend of that aforementioned girlfriend.

(Actually it's probably I Don't Wanna Be Me or their cover of Cinnamon Girl, imo)

E: In Praise Of Bacchus !

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

smellmycheese posted:

I regularly just burst into laughter at the INSANE price of basic food items these days.

Laughter was not on the agenda this morning when I posted this update on the price of a supermarket croissant :mad:

Microplastics posted:

It's £1.10 now what the gently caress??? Broken Britain

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Just sink this country, tear it up and start again. What's the loving point of anything.

The point is to watch this cesspit burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Incorrect, it's about the girlfriend of that aforementioned girlfriend.

(Actually it's probably I Don't Wanna Be Me or their cover of Cinnamon Girl, imo)

E: In Praise Of Bacchus !

I'd say it's the outrageously misogynistic Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity with it's strangely anthemic chorus of "I know you're loving someone else"