Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

beer_war posted:

Sure fooled me.

"Special Operation"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
This guy is so stuck in the cold war era and american exceptionalism that it hurts my head every time he's trotted out. The guy still literally believes that US and Russia are still in a cold war and Europe should be divided up between them and gently caress whatever individual Euro countres want.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

John "It doesn't look like [Putin] was interested in conquering Kyiv" Mearsheimer.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Well yeah, Putin expected that invaders will be greeted with flowers etc.

Anyway, I am not gonna listen to Mearsheimer's repetitive apologia because he can get hosed

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Look, this whole thing is all just a big misunderstanding, okay?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beer_war posted:

Sure fooled me.

I wish he'd shut the gently caress up at this point and quietly fade into the background.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sometimes you want the war, sometimes you don't, who knows why stuff happens? :shrug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Sometimes you want the war, sometimes you don't, who knows why stuff happens? :shrug:
I lost my son on the shores of Kamchatcka!

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

beer_war posted:

Sure fooled me.

Ain't this the guy who keeps saying America basically forced Russia to escalate by being mean bullies and ignoring the years of the Obama admin de-escalating exactly as he said they should?

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom
Bush didn't want the war, Saddam refused to be reasonable and hand over his nukes, there was no other choice :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poor waif posted:

Bush didn't want the war, Saddam refused to be reasonable and hand over his nukes, there was no other choice :(

So drat Insane

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Putin tried every diplomatic option to avoid the war, such as issuing insane ultimatum to remove NATO from all of Eastern Europe or invading Donbas and Crimea

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Apparently, IR academics really dislike Mearsheimer because he just won't shut up and gets all the interviews.

Which is why when you meet someone who does IR, you have to push Mearsheimer into their face and tell them: "This is *your* inane ideology."

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Welcome, fellow citizen, and goodbye

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Apparently, IR academics really dislike Mearsheimer because he just won't shut up and gets all the interviews.

Which is why when you meet someone who does IR, you have to push Mearsheimer into their face and tell them: "This is *your* inane ideology."

Like MikeC

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Dwesa posted:

Welcome, fellow citizen, and goodbye

Service guarantees citizenship.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The latest and greatest in Russian EV design and engineering!

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Tai posted:

This guy is so stuck in the cold war era and american exceptionalism that it hurts my head every time he's trotted out. The guy still literally believes that US and Russia are still in a cold war and Europe should be divided up between them and gently caress whatever individual Euro countres want.

When you think about it its all Ukraine's fault really - why can't they just lay down and die?

Doing so would be so much better for my magnum opus theory.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

hungry hungry

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

when you see the quality of Russian roads

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Dimitri we need to cook.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Dwesa posted:

when you see the quality of Russian roads

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

It looks surprised, a car version of this: :stare: by the looks of it.... wonder what the battery life is like in cold weather?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's just a lada under there with a starter motor and 30 car batteries

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dare I say cybertruck?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Sashimi posted:

Citizenship guarantees service.

FTFY

Dog on Fire
Oct 2, 2004

Karate Bastard posted:

Dare I say cybertruck?

Low-hanging fruit, but I’ll go:

cykatruck

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blind Spot?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

This is what realists actually believe

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

spankmeister posted:

It's just a lada under there with a starter motor and 30 car batteries

Good to see Russian EV tech is in the same decade as Russian tank tech

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dwesa posted:

Uncomfortably dumb, as someone commented

They've been exploring ways for a long time by now, I'll believe when it will actually happen.

Edit: Wives of Russian draftees say the FSB is harassing their husbands on the front line

I am only surprised it took them so long.

All in all, you're just a fish brick in the wall

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

beer_war posted:

Sure fooled me.

He is technically not wrong in that Putin didn't want a war; he wanted to walk into Kyiv, be hailed as a liberator from the evil EuroNATO-homo-nazis, proclaim his new multi-polar world order, and be written into the history books as a neo-Tsar.

Instead, well…

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

The_Franz posted:

He is technically not wrong in that Putin didn't want a war; he wanted to walk into Kyiv, be hailed as a liberator from the evil EuroNATO-homo-nazis, proclaim his new multi-polar world order, and be written into the history books as a neo-Tsar.

Instead, well…

As a nuclear armed state, putin needs a buffer zone. No not Finland, no no not Baltics. Just Ukraine. Putin is smart

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

lmao

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

As a nuclear armed state, putin needs a buffer zone. No not Finland, no no not Baltics. Just Ukraine. Putin is smart

America did this.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Just Another Lurker posted:

It looks surprised, a car version of this: :stare: by the looks of it.... wonder what the battery life is like in cold weather?

considering it looks to have a conventional radiator under there, probably as good as any russian ICE car's 12V battery.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Turns out it's a lead acid battery

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

:five: